Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 22, 2014, 12:08:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wanna talk driver change  (Read 995 times)
Justafan

« on: October 19, 2006, 03:20:56 PM »

Race 11 Freehold today.

#3 I Am Sportacus   Jim Marshall to Cat Manzi...and someone actually was betting the horse that Jim Marshall was driving.  Cat Paid $4.60  $5.40

Jim Marshall has to be about as dead a driver as there is!  His physical acuity must be that of someone who has been dead for 10 years AND he is about as mentally gifted in the sulky as that severely retarded neighbor I often ramble on about.  A person can blindly bet against Jim Marshall when he is 3-1 and below and make money. 
Report to moderator   Logged
njhorseman

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2006, 03:26:23 PM »

No doubt about it...Marshall is horrible.
casemania

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2006, 03:29:23 PM »

DIAMOND JIM III=NO TALENT WHATSOEVER!! thumbs down
Justafan

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2006, 03:39:42 PM »

He is exactly what makes me believe that almost anyone in their early 20's with athletic ability and some sense could participate in this sport as a driver.  People love to talk about the danger involved, but have you seen what 22 year olds do these days?  I have some friends that do some very dangerous and painful things just for the shits and giggles.
Justafan

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2006, 03:45:39 PM »

I guess I should say that "participate" means to have as much success as Jim Marshall III, if not a whole lot more.  Many of these drivers should be very happy it is a fairly secret and closed community.
njhorseman

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2006, 03:46:48 PM »

it is a fairly secret and closed community.

Is there a secret handshake?  Grin Grin
burton

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2006, 04:07:09 PM »

Is there a secret handshake?  Grin Grin
Welcome back NJ Paul!!

I don't know about a secret handshake but Justafan is one of those posters who thinks the drivers get instructions from one or two top drivers as to when to win, who to block etc;
Then he still bets the races believing all that.
Maybe you need to know the secret handshake to get into the secret drivers instructions meeting.
LOL
njhorseman

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2006, 04:16:09 PM »

Maybe you need to know the secret handshake to get into the secret drivers instructions meeting.
LOL

I know for sure that when Herve had his left foot out of the stirrup and Billy Bresnahan was in the race it meant something different than when he had his right foot out of the stirrup and his brothers Denis and Rheo were in the race.  Wink
casemania

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2006, 04:31:16 PM »

I know for sure that when Herve had his left foot out of the stirrup and Billy Bresnahan was in the race it meant something different than when he had his right foot out of the stirrup and his brothers Denis and Rheo were in the race.  Wink
YOU COULD ASK THE BRESH YOURSELF IF YOU EVER COME ACROSS HIM DRIVING THE MILK TRUCK OR THE TAXI IN BELMAR!!! Grin
njhorseman

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2006, 07:05:36 PM »

YOU COULD ASK THE BRESH YOURSELF IF YOU EVER COME ACROSS HIM DRIVING THE MILK TRUCK OR THE TAXI IN BELMAR!!! Grin

Believe me...I could tell you stories about the guy...we were at the same farm his last year of "racing"...when he was wearing the wire.
Justafan

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2006, 07:12:23 PM »

I find it a bit funny that Burton comes on here and tries to make a point that there is no collusion in racing to a person who he may admire or at least want to engage in conversation with and that very person promptly makes a point against him.  Too cool!

As for a secret society...no handshake, but ask 100 people on the street about the sport and I'm guessing less than 5 know about it.  More people could tell you who won Big Brother than could tell you the name of 1 harness horse, let alone be able to tell you anything about harness racing.  It is a pretty secret society when taken as part of the total American experience.
burton

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2006, 07:15:19 PM »

I find it a bit funny that Burton comes on here and tries to make a point that there is no collusion in racing to a person who he may admire or at least want to engage in conversation with and that very person promptly makes a point against him.  Too cool!

As for a secret society...no handshake, but ask 100 people on the street about the sport and I'm guessing less than 5 know about it.  More people could tell you who won Big Brother than could tell you the name of 1 harness horse, let alone be able to tell you anything about harness racing.  It is a pretty secret society when taken as part of the total American experience.
Do you have a point?
casemania

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2006, 07:22:28 PM »

Believe me...I could tell you stories about the guy...we were at the same farm his last year of "racing"...when he was wearing the wire.
HE DROVE FOR US IN MORE THAN A FEW.....AHEM.......BAD HEATS!! Roll Eyes
Justafan

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2006, 07:26:35 PM »

The point is in there somewhere...I'm sure.  Just keep lookin'.  Or you can keep asking your questions that seem to make you very happy.  They make me happy too!   maroon
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: