Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

August 22, 2014, 08:44:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GOUT MEDICATION  (Read 2905 times)
ZeeGirl

« on: December 08, 2005, 10:28:25 PM »

Just a note, gout medication is usually a non-steroid anti-inflamatory drug that does not lower the pH of the blood.  If a horse had joint problems one could certainly see how an anti-inflamatory drug could help.  In no way does these type of drugs mask a high TCO2 level. 
Report to moderator   Logged
Richard Breth

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2005, 10:41:17 PM »

I didnt understand about the aleged chemical function of a gout medicine that was suppossed to "lower pH" anyway. Raise the alkalinity with the soda to buffere the blood against lactic acid buildup then you want to lower it back with the gout medicine to pass some test. What pH test I thought they measure blood gas? If you lower the pH how buffered is the blood against lactic acid buildup?

I think more details needed.

Here is a link info about indomethacin the first gout medicine. Like ZeeGirl said it looks like a NSAID.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/medmaster/a681027.html
Dan Nance

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2005, 04:02:08 AM »

Can't confirm this yet but I'm hearing that two more positives may be coming for the gout medication on two other trainers. Stay tuned.

Also, I'm hearing that one or two of Ruckers positives may have been for cocaine again. Once again they are calling it environmental contamination. This is what I'm being told but can't confirm yet. If it is true why is Rucker the only trainer who gets positives for cocaine?

swoodall

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2005, 04:31:18 AM »

Ask Tom W. when he shows up.  This is his area of defense.
sleepless

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2005, 04:52:51 PM »

Eligio Boccia said he got a positive for the same thing as Rucker.
off stride

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2005, 05:20:14 PM »

ONE LOOK AT THIS AND I CAN SEE WHERE THE MED WILL HELP HORSES
burton

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2005, 05:24:06 PM »

Off Stride,

You are funny.
Keep it up!
Dan Nance

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2005, 12:38:21 AM »

ONE LOOK AT THIS AND I CAN SEE WHERE THE MED WILL HELP HORSES

THEY TELL ME THAT THIS GENTLEMAN HAS SOME REAL GOOD MEDICATION FOR THIS CONDITION.
swoodall

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2005, 03:01:13 AM »

Off Stride

Your posts are starting to look very familiar and your humor reminds me of someone from yesteryear.  Has Chunky been resurrected from the great beyond?  How do you include these great graphics?  I'm a novice so do tell.
the young one

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2005, 01:56:54 PM »

I just heard today you could add Plowman to the list. Shocked
Dan Nance

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2005, 02:01:00 PM »

I just heard today you could add Plowman to the list. Shocked

I heard that name and others days ago.
goodcatch

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2005, 04:10:13 PM »

u guys are wrong. plowman did not get a positive for gout medication, it was a cocaine env. cont. positive. big difference. he is going to the big m in 10 days because he is fed up with chicago racing and all the bullshit too. the other guy that had a gout positive is lee boccia. i also heard there are many more gout positives on the way be the racing board does not want to do anything just yet until the contract is signed. i was told that if they crackdown on the gout positives there will not be enough trainers left to fill the entries. this could get to be real interesting.
Dan Nance

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2005, 04:33:11 PM »

u guys are wrong. plowman did not get a positive for gout medication, it was a cocaine env. cont. positive. big difference. he is going to the big m in 10 days because he is fed up with chicago racing and all the bullshit too. the other guy that had a gout positive is lee boccia. i also heard there are many more gout positives on the way be the racing board does not want to do anything just yet until the contract is signed. i was told that if they crackdown on the gout positives there will not be enough trainers left to fill the entries. this could get to be real interesting.

#1.... If there becomes a big problem with gout positives and too many trainers would get suspended the IRB will just come up with some excuse and cover the whole thing up and sweep it away just like they did with the cocaine problem back in 93 with a bunch of trainers.

#2... Why do only Illinois trainers always have the cocaine positives from env. con. and not anywhere else? Don't people sort coke and use dollar bills to do it in other states, or is it just a Chicago problem?

#3.... Tell Eric that the tact rooms are alot nicer at the Big M. then they are at Balmoral and Maywood. Maybe he's fed up with living in those brutal tactrooms in Chicago and that's why he's going to the Big M. Also, I think he knows that New Jersey is very lax with their medication rules and trainers there can cheat more then they can in Chicago and get away with it.

#4.... Yes, this could get very interesting but they will race come Jan. 1 2006. The way I see things right now why are you guys complaining in the first place? I see horses racing every 3 or 4 days now that there is a shortage of horses. That's like racing a 4 claimer for 6K a week and a 6 claimer for 8K a week. You guys with the cheap claimers should be happy that you can race twice in 8 days. The rest of the purses are decent if they stay that way so why complain? 
« Last Edit: December 10, 2005, 05:40:02 PM by Dan Nance » Report to moderator   Logged
valleyvic

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2005, 05:52:51 PM »

Is there a common vet among all these supposed gout med. positives?
Dan Nance

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2005, 06:04:18 PM »

Is there a common vet among all these supposed gout med. positives?

I'm hearing.
trotter

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2005, 07:20:57 PM »

Not everyone is using gout medication.  There will be plenty of trainers left.  That is total bullshit.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: