Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 01, 2014, 02:04:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: YOUNGS TOWER JOGS  (Read 1205 times)
off stride

« on: October 12, 2006, 09:43:21 PM »

another easy win at hazel .. too bad this was hazels last week ... open at nvlle only goes for 8500 .. she looked very sharp john .. and with scootin t  messin up the whole field .. she was in command thru-out
1.54.2 and $4.60
« Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 09:47:33 PM by off stride » Report to moderator   Logged
dt2

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 09:46:29 PM »

congratulations John!
Report to moderator   Logged
john

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 10:09:34 PM »

Thanks off stride and dt2. Shes been one of the few bright spots in racing this year. 2006 has been a tough racing year. Selling horses for losses and seeing horses perform terribly. But youngs tower is the bright spot. Its a shame she picked the week of the milton to get sick.
Not only was youngs tower good but the drive by Currier was awesome. He handled her nicely. Kudos to him. Kudos to off stride, hopefully you made a little !!!!
Nutritionist

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2006, 11:54:43 PM »

Why is this horse only good in Michigan? Is it because the trainer can't get away with using the stuff he's using on the horse in other states? This horse stunk at the Meadowlands when he was being trained by one of the best trainers around.
john

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2006, 07:34:48 AM »

Nutritionist, with all due respect, her life mark is in illinois at hawthorne, with a very clean trainer. She has also won in canada and ohio. Maybe you should ask all the trainers why they couldnt get ther to go. If you want there names I will give them to you.
I know the answer.
By the way, I have never had one of my horses come up with a positive as of today. This has been since 2002.
Secondly, this is only a joke, so please take it only as a joke, the way I lost money this year maybe I should give all my horses to JUICE trainers !!!!!!!!
I could then make money in this business and go to the betting windows and "double dip" Take money from purses and the public. I dont bet and I know how to put large sums of money into the stakes program in illinois, thats what I was good at in 2006.
Thirdly, she was trained by the best trainer in the country at the big m, but the best trainer wasnt around. Plus had 2 others in that class. My mistake. The other 2 trainers have trainers percentages lower than the bottom feeders of training.
Lastly, if you dont keep YT happy, she will sulk and wont race. Check out one race at big m and freehold where she wouldnt get to the gate.
REMEMBER, her life mark is with a trainer that the public thinks is as clean as they come. THANKS for the question.
TC

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2006, 07:45:59 AM »

Nutritionist, with all due respect, her life mark is in illinois at hawthorne, with a very clean trainer. She has also won in canada and ohio. Maybe you should ask all the trainers why they couldnt get ther to go. If you want there names I will give them to you.
I know the answer.
By the way, I have never had one of my horses come up with a positive as of today. This has been since 2002.
Secondly, this is only a joke, so please take it only as a joke, the way I lost money this year maybe I should give all my horses to JUICE trainers !!!!!!!!
I could then make money in this business and go to the betting windows and "double dip" Take money from purses and the public. I dont bet and I know how to put large sums of money into the stakes program in illinois, thats what I was good at in 2006.
Thirdly, she was trained by the best trainer in the country at the big m, but the best trainer wasnt around. Plus had 2 others in that class. My mistake. The other 2 trainers have trainers percentages lower than the bottom feeders of training.
Lastly, if you dont keep YT happy, she will sulk and wont race. Check out one race at big m and freehold where she wouldnt get to the gate.
REMEMBER, her life mark is with a trainer that the public thinks is as clean as they come. THANKS for the question.

John, nice win.  Point of order though, that until Erv has one in every class on the WEG circuit or the same at the Big M and reaches the pinnacles at either place, he's NOT the top conditioner in the sport.  Lis Mara, Loyal Opp, et al. are fantastic and divisional-type champs, but to take the flag day in and day out on those circuits makes you best in all the land IMO, and that hasn't happened - yet.  I do look forward to it, because those winners circle interviews are "Flender Classics"  Grin (though have admittedly gotten better).   trotter  TC
john

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2006, 10:31:30 AM »

thanks TC. hope everything is going well with you !
john

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2006, 10:37:46 AM »

Also, Erv has many wonderful people who are assisstant trainers. I think one is tony alanag Huh
Youngs tower didnt do great at the big m with there stables doesnt mean I am critical of Erv and staff. They have proven to be the elite and the tops in the industry. I had a different understanding of how YT was going to be looked after out there. They might of thought it was long term and I wanted it to be short term and back to michigan. They had horses in those classes already and might of envisioned yt as a longer term project when i wanted a dash for the cash situation. So, I am not upset with anyone except for the new jersey trainer, who in my opinion, treated me terribly. I cant say that about any trainer in the country but this guy.
Nutritionist

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2006, 12:54:04 PM »

I know the answer.

Didn't you ship this horse into Hawthorne from Michigan for that one start and put down a Chicago trainer because your trainer in Michigan wasn't holding a Illinois license? It's not like the horse was racing week in and week out on the Chicago circuit. How do we know that the horse wasn't shipped in from Michigan the day she was in to go by your trainer from Michigan and that's why she took a new lifetime mark. I was an owner for years until I got out of the business ten years ago so I know how things work. The point I was trying to make is that it seems the horse is only good with your Michigan trainer. Not even one of the best trainers in the country could get her to go at the Meadowlands.
john

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2006, 03:04:15 PM »

nutritionist, the trainer in Chicago will not race the horse and ruin his reputation if your scenario was true. The trainer in chicago has no history of positives and would not take this horse unless he felt it was clean.
Actually the trainer in michigan was going to come to chicago but felt that homer and him were working as a team. I would send horses from michigan to chicago to try and improve them and send horses from chicago to michigan to try an improve them. Both trainers had no ego and didnt mind sharing the wealth. The same trainer came to chicago from michigan this year with youngs tower and we finished 4th in the fairy godmother from last place in a slow half.

while I respect your questions, nutrionist, I hope this helps you. Your perceptions have been way off on both scenarios. 1. this horse can only win in michigan and 2. the trainer didnt come to chicago because of no license. He was as unselfish as my chicago trainer in this scenario.

If I can answer any more questions please ask. My question to you is, are you still in the business ? as an owner ? trainer ? driver ? etc.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: