Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

December 17, 2014, 05:02:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oosting missing but lots of rumors which are true??  (Read 16007 times)
the DailyDaley

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: October 19, 2006, 01:19:38 PM »

Nothing beyond the initial suspension, which is under appeal. The ALJ hearing the appeal threw out the suspension because the NJRC did not present a case, but the ALJ's ruling is advisory only and not binding on the NJRC, which to date still has Ledford's license suspended.

Get off those dam pills Paul. Midol I heard works well and it is OTC plus cheaper.

Responding to an Oosting posting with a Ledford answer. Doh!
Report to moderator   Logged
njhorseman

« Reply #176 on: October 19, 2006, 01:28:51 PM »

Get off those dam pills Paul. Midol I heard works well and it is OTC plus cheaper.

Responding to an Oosting posting with a Ledford answer. Doh!

OOOOOPS! LOL Grin
pezz97

« Reply #177 on: October 19, 2006, 01:47:25 PM »

To funny!!! My spelling and nj gets topics confused lol
« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 04:40:06 PM by pezz97 » Report to moderator   Logged
supernaut

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: October 19, 2006, 02:55:24 PM »

Has he driven races under the influence of alcohol or drugs? Are the drivers given a Breathalyzer nightly in Chicago?

NO
fatman

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: October 19, 2006, 07:54:09 PM »

i don't think oosting learned his lesson, i was told he called a couple people to meet him at the bar last night around midnight!!  BELIEVE IT OR NOT!!!
Harness fan

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: October 20, 2006, 02:24:29 AM »

I am looking forward to seeing M.O. not just driving again, but driving in the best city in this dilly-dang country chicago, Illinois...Home of many great racetracks!
Harness fan

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: October 20, 2006, 02:27:08 AM »

Oh yeah, I forgot...Da Bears!
vaporize

« Reply #182 on: March 20, 2011, 11:50:12 PM »

Just another blast from the past.
Uncle Merf

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: March 21, 2011, 11:50:46 AM »

Vaporize, we should leave these in the past.  He has enough problems already.
flukemaster

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: March 24, 2011, 07:01:38 AM »

Another Shining light on a ruined industry. Tell Burton the USTA is doing their job again allowing this multiple offender the opportunity to always make a living. Nothing better than having a drunk, abuser driving and people betting their hard earned money on him. Sounds like the kind of guy we all can trust let alone the fact he dopes horses.
burton

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: March 24, 2011, 07:18:42 AM »

Another Shining light on a ruined industry. Tell Burton the USTA is doing their job again allowing this multiple offender the opportunity to always make a living. Nothing better than having a drunk, abuser driving and people betting their hard earned money on him. Sounds like the kind of guy we all can trust let alone the fact he dopes horses.
I guess you don't realize that Maywood and Balmoral decide who can race at their tracks.
Not the USTA.
flukemaster

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: March 24, 2011, 07:22:02 AM »

My point is the USTA needs to establish a set of rules for all tracks! Too much political BS allowing private or state owned track to allow different rules. What does the USTA and and HTA do besides collect paychecks?
McElwyns Danger

« Reply #187 on: March 24, 2011, 07:24:09 AM »

Why, the HTA... umm... gives out a couple of scholarships... hmm... lemme get back to you on this.
pacinfool

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: March 24, 2011, 12:41:39 PM »

My point is the USTA needs to establish a set of rules for all tracks! Too much political BS allowing private or state owned track to allow different rules. What does the USTA and and HTA do besides collect paychecks?

Exactly correct. Those ***hole at the USTA just issued a 10% raise in dues from last year to this year. WHAT IS THE JUSTIFICATION?Huh In the last 15 years they have raised the dues at least 3 times.  Someone or company should start another faction as basically a competitor. These guys have a monopoly on what they want to do and how much to charge. And of course what direction they want this business to gravitate toward. All aboard to crookedville.
supernaut

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: March 24, 2011, 12:49:10 PM »

The USTA has NO power to DO anything to anybody. Once a person has a USTA license, it's up to the individual state whether they want to license that person or not. Doesn't matter if that person has a valid USTA license or not. The USTA has NO effect on ANY state authority. NO state has to abide by ANY ruling the USTA has made. The individual STATE HAS the power. A lot of people that are racing right now do NOT have USTA licenses.
flukemaster

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: March 24, 2011, 12:50:26 PM »

No different then people who open a church in their house for a tax shelter just like the USTA and the YMCA both do for starters.
flukemaster

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: March 24, 2011, 12:52:20 PM »

The USTA has NO power to DO anything to anybody. Once a person has a USTA license, it's up to the individual state whether they want to license that person or not. Doesn't matter if that person has a valid USTA license or not. The USTA has NO effect on ANY state authority. NO state has to abide by ANY ruling the USTA has made. The individual STATE HAS the power. A lot of people that are racing right now do NOT have USTA licenses.

Please reread the post. I said they should ENFORCE one rule for all tracks whether they are state or privately owned. This would alleviate thieves being allowed to train or drive at certain tracks when others ban them ok?
Fillmore Bear

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: March 24, 2011, 01:11:15 PM »

Please reread the post. I said they should ENFORCE one rule for all tracks whether they are state or privately owned. This would alleviate thieves being allowed to train or drive at certain tracks when others ban them ok?
The USTA has no more authority to do this than you do.
So,why don't YOU adopt rules for racing and enforce them?
flukemaster

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: March 24, 2011, 01:21:33 PM »

What do the USTA EMPLOYEES draw a salary for if they do NOTHING? EXPLAIN THAT!
jrstark
Administrator

« Reply #194 on: March 24, 2011, 03:27:00 PM »

USTA can't force tracks to do anything.  Do you not bet or race at tracks that don't honor other tracks' suspensions?

You need a federal law to cover this, or a national agreement between tracks. All USTA, or HTA, or any other group can do is make recommendations.  They can set rules for members, but again if any of those members don't like a rule they can quit.

Currently, the only thing regulating racing is state law and (sometimes) public opinion.
supernaut

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: March 25, 2011, 03:22:56 PM »

What do the USTA EMPLOYEES draw a salary for if they do NOTHING? EXPLAIN THAT!

They keep records. THAT'S IT. And try to tell everyone how important they are. They are good at holding their meetings in very high class places too. On the members dime.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: