Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

December 20, 2014, 05:34:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WHATS HAPPENING TO THE MEADOWLANDS?????  (Read 5422 times)
Dan Nance

« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2005, 02:24:10 PM »

Please!!! Somebody notify the Big M. that I'm planning on hooking up with some Chicago trainer who is willing to use Ruckers gout medication to take down some " Big Scores ".

Tell the Big M. that when this trainer gets suspended in Chicago for using gout medication they will be taking their stock to Jersey to race where they don't honor rulings handed down in Chicago for gout medication. Just like Rucker is now doing.
Report to moderator   Logged
poconomike

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2005, 02:28:46 PM »

Paul:

You said:

"No, Vito, you did something wrong. Last I checked, it was and still is illegal to bet with a bookie.
 You just didn't get caught"

All I am saying is that you were not correct, it isnt illegal to bet with a bookie
njhorseman

« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2005, 02:29:45 PM »

Paul:

You said:

"No, Vito, you did something wrong. Last I checked, it was and still is illegal to bet with a bookie.
 You just didn't get caught"

All I am saying is that you were not correct, it isnt illegal to bet with a bookie

OK...I agree...based on state law. If you place a bet over the telephone or through some other electronic medium such as the internet you are in violation of federal law as far as I know.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2005, 02:32:37 PM by njhorseman » Report to moderator   Logged
Richard Breth

« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2005, 02:34:48 PM »

He got fines for the two Indomethacin positives. These are separate violations. Besides two 30 day suspensions add up to 60 days, not 6 months.

You say 60 days not = six months? Time for me to go back to school.
poconomike

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2005, 02:36:09 PM »

Is it official that NJRC will not honor the suspension?
Dan Nance

« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2005, 02:37:54 PM »

You say 60 days not = six months? Time for me to go back to school.

Look it's on the board he got 6 months not 60 days.

Richard, just so you know the gout medication lowers the PH so they can use as much baking soda as they wish. That's what was told to me.
njhorseman

« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2005, 02:39:33 PM »

Is it official that NJRC will not honor the suspension?

According to Dan, Chris McErlean said they "might not" honor it. Doesn't sound official yet to me.
Dan Nance

« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2005, 02:43:08 PM »

According to Dan, Chris McErlean said they "might not" honor it. Doesn't sound official yet to me.

The way I read the e-mail it sounded to me like the positives and the scratched horses in Chicago will not matter there. He said they didn't get any ruling yet on the 6 month suspension. If I knew how to post the e-mail on the forum I would post it but I don't know how to do that.
njhorseman

« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2005, 02:44:45 PM »

The way I read the e-mail it sounded to me like the positives and the scratched horses in Chicago will not matter there. He said they didn't get any ruling yet on the 6 month suspension. If I knew how to post the e-mail on the forum I would post it but I don't know how to do that.

If they didn't get the ruling, then their decision can't be official.
VitoTheCapper
Beat your book

VitoTheCapper (#1 handicapper)

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2005, 02:45:10 PM »

The law gets fishy when it comes down to whether or not it is illegal to bet with bookmakers.
I was indicted for tampering with the outcome of a horse race,(sports tampering).promoting gambling, 225.25,and possesion of gambling records.And was charged with RICCO
I was found not guiltyOf any of the gambling charges..But was guilty by association. I plead to a tax charge I paid a hefty fine  i did not try to fight back for the money  under a plea deal. .I lost 2 vehicles and a substancial amount of money.I beat the Ricco charge and still lost my possesions

3 years later i was found guilty numerous times on gambling charges.I paid my debt to society and now im just a gambler.

VitoTheCapper
#1 Handicapper
Put your money up!!
njhorseman

« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2005, 02:57:18 PM »

Dan:
It almost sounds like he's talking about the two previous Indomethacin positives, not the latest ruling.
Dan Nance

« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2005, 03:02:34 PM »

Dan:
It almost sounds like he's talking about the two previous Indomethacin positives, not the latest ruling.

The ruling was posted last night so that means if they are going to enforce it then his horses would have been scratched tonight. I asked because I need to handicap the card and don't know if Rucker is racing or not. They should think about bettors for once who support the sport. He was talking about the recent scratches in Chicago and the positives not something from three months ago.
njhorseman

« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2005, 03:04:34 PM »

The ruling was posted last night so that means if they are going to enforce it then his horses would have been scratched tonight. I asked because I need to handicap the card and don't know if Rucker is racing or not. They should think about bettors for once who support the sport. He was talking about the recent scratches in Chicago and the positives not something from three months ago.

Dan:
If they haven't gotten a copy of the ruling, and you say they haven't, they can't scratch any horses.
VitoTheCapper
Beat your book

VitoTheCapper (#1 handicapper)

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2005, 03:10:49 PM »

Nance........should they scratch the horse just because they saw what you wrote in this forum.or do you think they should follow procedures....

Im sure they will follow up and not forget about his horses.......but please give them time...

VitoTheCapper
#1 Handicapper
Put your money up!!
Richard Breth

« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2005, 03:17:23 PM »

Look it's on the board he got 6 months not 60 days.

Richard, just so you know the gout medication lowers the PH so they can use as much baking soda as they wish. That's what was told to me.

Dan I was joking about the 60 days and six months. I screwed up and NJ caught me.

If it was up to me a drug not approved for equine therapy would be a hanging offense. It should not be in the horses system at all for any reason. Except if Manuel the groom had the gout bad from to many rich sour cream & cheese enchiladas so was taking gout drugs and there was enviromental contaimation from his hands. Its what the liars all say. Therapy or not the "indomethacin" drug is classified as Class 4 at ARCI so is this latest one suposedly. Class 4 is Class 4 and every racing commission has there rules for treating the voilations. I dont beleive in a trainer suspended from one state working in another one either but if theye suspend Rucker for Clas 4 than what do they do with all there local Class 4 criminals who walk free every day?
Dan Nance

« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2005, 03:24:49 PM »

Dan:
If they haven't gotten a copy of the ruling, and you say they haven't, they can't scratch any horses.

Paul
           Just got an e-mail from Tad Stockman from the Big M.

He said Rucker is under appeal so Jersey won't do anything at this time. I don't know if he means a TRO or he appealed the ruling to the IRB. A TRO is one thing but just an appeal doesn't mean jack shit and the suspension stands.

Personally, I think Jersey sucks and I have lost all respect for them. If Rucker races horses in Chicago under a different trainer then that means he doesn't have a TRO. If he's down as trainer then he does have a TRO.

Does anyone know if the horses entered in Chicago this week are under Ruckers name or someone elses? 
Richard Breth

« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2005, 03:31:07 PM »

Personally, I think Jersey sucks and I have lost all respect for them.

That means you will not bet there races tonight or any night until the Rucker thing is resolved in favor of justice. Right? Or are you going to be an addicted gambler sheep who just keeps taking whatever they dish out. They dont care about your respect Dan just your money. Hit them where it hurts in the pocketbook. Boycott. Put your money where your mouth is.
Dan Nance

« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2005, 03:48:02 PM »

That means you will not bet there races tonight or any night until the Rucker thing is resolved in favor of justice. Right? Or are you going to be an addicted gambler sheep who just keeps taking whatever they dish out. They dont care about your respect Dan just your money. Hit them where it hurts in the pocketbook. Boycott. Put your money where your mouth is.

I'll be betting Richard. I'm not letting Rucker stop me from making money. I'll decide to use his horse or not. His horses will race just fine you wait and see.
goodcatch

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2005, 04:22:43 PM »

lets get some legal opinions and minds about this rucker deal. it is against the law or is it okay to do what nj is doing by allowing rucker to race? calling nj horseman and j dakuris. where are you guys on this? can jersy let him race and what are the rules?
Dan Nance

« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2005, 06:38:15 PM »

lets get some legal opinions and minds about this rucker deal. it is against the law or is it okay to do what nj is doing by allowing rucker to race? calling nj horseman and j dakuris. where are you guys on this? can jersy let him race and what are the rules?

I told you they said it is under appeal so they will not take action. If he obtained a TRO then he can race anywhere. If he didn't obtain a TRO then it's bullshit if he is allowed to race.

My guess is he's going in for a TRO because he has alot of money to pay lawyers.
burton

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2005, 06:47:56 PM »

DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you really think so Nance?
DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Joe B

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2005, 06:50:22 PM »

I told you they said it is under appeal so they will not take action. If he obtained a TRO then he can race anywhere. If he didn't obtain a TRO then it's bullshit if he is allowed to race.

My guess is he's going in for a TRO because he has alot of money to pay lawyers.

Dan - you are really one articulate and insightful guy....thanks for enlightening us daily.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: