Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 25, 2014, 08:26:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WHATS HAPPENING TO THE MEADOWLANDS?????  (Read 5275 times)
SUPERMAN

Ignore
« on: December 07, 2005, 09:03:19 AM »

If you were in trouble at another track in the past the last place to let you drive, train or race was The Meadowlands. I see they have a lack of pre-race testing or RUCKER would have "NEVER" been the leading trainer, They let Pantaleano not only train but drive after getting tossed out of Northfield for race fixing and now even let Larry Stalbaum in to drive horses. If their ever was a track "NOT" to reward crimminals it should be the BIG-M. Do you think that Ruck might have used the same drugs that he just got a positive here for out there??? Com'on if they passed the box here for that long they sure passed that lax testing in NJ. All in all the BIG-M has lost tons of respect from the gamblers I know who thought this was the cleanest and most honest harness racing in the world. But like Nance keeps telling all of us is that its a DEAD GAME LADDIES!!!!!

Im starting to think hes right. Wink
Report to moderator   Logged
icare

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2005, 09:33:05 AM »

You Know He Used The Same Drug.
baron

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2005, 10:09:22 AM »

I thought since Meadowlands is a  state owned facility, they do not have the right to refuse any driver or trainer..Unlike a private track that can pick and choose who they want..

If you were in trouble at another track in the past the last place to let you drive, train or race was The Meadowlands. I see they have a lack of pre-race testing or RUCKER would have "NEVER" been the leading trainer, They let Pantaleano not only train but drive after getting tossed out of Northfield for race fixing and now even let Larry Stalbaum in to drive horses. If their ever was a track "NOT" to reward crimminals it should be the BIG-M. Do you think that Ruck might have used the same drugs that he just got a positive here for out there??? Com'on if they passed the box here for that long they sure passed that lax testing in NJ. All in all the BIG-M has lost tons of respect from the gamblers I know who thought this was the cleanest and most honest harness racing in the world. But like Nance keeps telling all of us is that its a DEAD GAME LADDIES!!!!!

VitoTheCapper
Beat your book

VitoTheCapper (#1 handicapper)

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2005, 10:36:45 AM »

Here is the answer.George Hadges sued the Meadowlands.Settled out of court for a undislosed amount of money.They settled for over 7 figures thats atleast 1mil.George may not have been a good driver.but ill tell you something he Was a good gambler.We used to bury the Conn OTB when they had seperate pools from Yonkers..

R.I.P George Hadges & William Kunstler

http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/cgi-bin/getcase.pl?court=2nd&navby=case&no=947444

VitoTheCapper
#1 Handicapper
Put your money up!!
TC

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2005, 10:43:15 AM »

Vito, excellent link.  I wish you could have put this post up months ago as a possible parallel to the Dakuras case.  I can't believe your "boy" retained Kuntzler - a giant in the annals of juris prudence.  I have a question.  You said at the time you lived in Westchester Co., but you frequented the Conn OTB.  Was this a proximity thing or that you could crash the seperate pools in CT vs. live at YR or at a NYC/OTB ?  Let us know.  TC
VitoTheCapper
Beat your book

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2005, 10:54:32 AM »

Westchester County Borders with Conn...It was a 40 min drive to the nearest Conn OtB where they had thier own pools..

I remember carrying them big ass motorola cell phones and beepers.you remember the cell phone calls cost $1.95 a minute at the time.We would put someone in the OTB in Conn and hedge wagers that were bet with bookmakers.

Nothing but profit.

It was';t long before we got thrown out of the OTB in Conn.

Patrons called the Feds and a major investigation begain.

We were long gone before any FEDS came down on us.

Bottom line is we did nothing wrong.

William loved to take the case..If you knew William he loved to fight for the Civil Rights of the little guy.

P.S like i stated before george was my first trainer in the biz....

He just past away

VitoTheCapper
#1 Handicapper
Put your money up!!
TC

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2005, 11:02:17 AM »

The pay phones at the track said no dissemination of racing info was allowed back in the day.  This horse racing "edge" stuff traces back to when Tony and Lefty would bash the barber shop book by setting his clock back a few minutes and had a stringer sitting on a phone pole across from Gulfstream Park with binoculars.  They'd past post for BIG scores on that deal.  Ah, the good old days indeed.  TC
VitoTheCapper
Beat your book

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2005, 11:14:11 AM »

I had this Old Time BM....who would only take small bets from me...Well it was New Years Eve and the Meadowlands post was a hour earlier.Well dont you know till this day he didn't know i past posted him.Poor guy in his white fedora and macanudo in mouth went to the grave not knowing.

By the way the DD paid $222.00

Of cause i had to throw away a few bucks by betting a couple of other doubles that didn't win ..that way i didn't put up the red flag...lmao

VitoTheCapper
#1 Handicapper
Put your money up!!
Dan Nance

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2005, 01:12:20 PM »

If they let Rucker race at the Big M. while under a 6 month suspension in Illinois then I also lost ALL RESPECT for the Meadowlands. A positive in this business is a positive no matter where you're at. It's all related to harness racing. I believe the Big M. should get flooded with phone calls and e-mails if they allow this cheater to race at the #1 track in the country.

Yours Truly
ruckerfan

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2005, 01:23:58 PM »

u r a ***hole nance u no nothing bout what has happened to rucker when u find out whats going on u need to apolagise to him in writeing cause u will feel very stupid!!!  and by the way u wrote in a nother message that matty works in nj! haha thats how much u know he hasnt been there 4 atleast 2 years and he worked for oods on when he was!!! dickhead!

keep the fight up ken it ant over i hope u useing the rope a dope im getting worried!!!
Dan Nance

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2005, 01:45:38 PM »

u r a ***hole nance u no nothing bout what has happened to rucker when u find out whats going on u need to apolagise to him in writeing cause u will feel very stupid!!!  and by the way u wrote in a nother message that matty works in nj! haha thats how much u know he hasnt been there 4 atleast 2 years and he worked for oods on when he was!!! dickhead!

Ruckerfan who can't write or spell and needs to go back to school.

All I know is that it's up on the board at Balmoral that Rucker was given a 6 month suspension just like I reported days before it was made public. And, I don't care where Matty works. The info I recieved was told to me from a person who said Matty told him about the 6 month suspension. I don't care who told who what, all I know is that the info was right on target and Rucker was given 6 months.

I found out what was going on and so did everyone else when they put it up on the board at Balmoral last night. I'm not going to apologize to anyone. What Rucker needs to do is apologize to the bettors for ripping them off at the windows because he was juicing horses and betting his ass off on them.

Now, go back to school and learn to write and spell and then go back to work for Rucker.

Yours Truly
njhorseman

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2005, 01:48:45 PM »

If they let Rucker race at the Big M. while under a 6 month suspension in Illinois then I also lost ALL RESPECT for the Meadowlands. A positive in this business is a positive no matter where you're at. It's all related to harness racing. I believe the Big M. should get flooded with phone calls and e-mails if they allow this cheater to race at the #1 track in the country.  

Dan:
Once official notice of Rucker's suspension reaches the NJRC, he will not be allowed to race here. Of course, if he gets a TRO or injunction, he will be allowed to race.

Of course, even without a TRO, Rucker's horses will race under the name of a "beard," although they may be required to race from the detention barn.
njhorseman

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2005, 01:56:59 PM »

Vito, excellent link.  I wish you could have put this post up months ago as a possible parallel to the Dakuras case.  I can't believe your "boy" retained Kuntzler - a giant in the annals of juris prudence.  I have a question.  You said at the time you lived in Westchester Co., but you frequented the Conn OTB.  Was this a proximity thing or that you could crash the seperate pools in CT vs. live at YR or at a NYC/OTB ?  Let us know.  TC

TC:
In case someone doesn't bother to actually read the ruling I think it's important to note that the court only overturned the sanctions against Hadges and Kunstler, NOT Hadges being ruled off the grounds by Yonkers. So, the outcome was similar to Joe's case.

Kunstler was well known for taking such cases. One of my former trainers also engaged his services in a battle with the NJRC. Reading between the lines of the court's ruling, I'll guess that Kunstler was working pro bono. It sounds like Hadges was preparing the case himself, with Kunstler signing the papers and arguing the case.
njhorseman

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2005, 02:07:02 PM »

I thought since Meadowlands is a  state owned facility, they do not have the right to refuse any driver or trainer..Unlike a private track that can pick and choose who they want..

Baron:
You are correct.
Dan Nance

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2005, 02:09:32 PM »

Dan:
Once official notice of Rucker's suspension reaches the NJRC, he will not be allowed to race here. Of course, if he gets a TRO or injunction, he will be allowed to race.

Of course, even without a TRO, Rucker's horses will race under the name of a "beard," although they may be required to race from the detention barn.

Paul
          I recieved an e-mail from that Chris guy at the Big M. and it said that the positives that Rucker recieved in Chicago MIGHT not stand up in NJ because they are class 4 under their rules. So, that's telling me that the Meadowlands MAY allow him to race and not honor a 6 month suspension in Illinois. If they allow a suspended trainer to race then I HAVE LOST ALL RESPECT FOR THE #1 HARNESS TRACK IN THE COUNTRY. They should get flooded with phone calls and e-mails from the fan's who have to bet on a suspended trainer.

Yours Truly

Dan Nance

« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2005, 02:16:51 PM »

Hey baron

State owned or not they uphold suspensions and rule violations from other states. Ruckers suspension has nothing to do with the owners of the tracks not allowing him to race. This is a IRB rule violation ordeal and has nothing to do with the tracks or track owners. That track owners in Chicago can't say " F**k YOU IRB WE ARE LETTING RUCKER RACE AT OUR TRACK ".

Yours Truly
Dan Nance

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2005, 02:17:31 PM »

Paul
          I recieved an e-mail from that Chris guy at the Big M. and it said that the positives that Rucker recieved in Chicago MIGHT not stand up in NJ because they are class 4 under their rules. So, that's telling me that the Meadowlands MAY allow him to race and not honor a 6 month suspension in Illinois. If they allow a suspended trainer to race then I HAVE LOST ALL RESPECT FOR THE #1 HARNESS TRACK IN THE COUNTRY. They should get flooded with phone calls and e-mails from the fan's who have to bet on a suspended trainer.

Yours Truly

njhorseman

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2005, 02:23:34 PM »

Paul

Dan:
If what you're saying is true, don't blame the Meadowlands, blame the NJRC. The commission decides whether the suspension is valid or not. If the commission says Rucker's violation in Illinois is not a violation of NJ rules, then the Big M, as a state owned track, has no choice but to let him race.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2005, 02:48:08 PM by njhorseman » Report to moderator   Logged
Richard Breth

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2005, 02:29:09 PM »

Dan:
If what you're saying is true, don't blame the Meadowlands, blame the NJRC. The commission decides whether the suspension is valid or not. If the commission says Rucker's violation in Illinois is not a violation of NJ rules, the then the Big M, as a state owned track, has no choice but to let him race.

What normally happens with Class 4 violations in New Jersey?
njhorseman

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2005, 02:47:36 PM »

What normally happens with Class 4 violations in New Jersey?

Because New Jersey, in it's infinite wisdom, does not provide you with a free copy of its rules, I can't say with certainty. I believe it might be a fine for a first violation, but I also thought they could suspend you for subsequent violations, at least for some substances.

What is the exact drug that caused the positives? I keep  hearing rumors, but no one's stated with certainty what caused the DQ.
njhorseman

« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2005, 02:56:25 PM »

Westchester County Borders with Conn...It was a 40 min drive to the nearest Conn OtB where they had thier own pools..

I remember carrying them big ass motorola cell phones and beepers.you remember the cell phone calls cost $1.95 a minute at the time.We would put someone in the OTB in Conn and hedge wagers that were bet with bookmakers.

Nothing but profit.

It was';t long before we got thrown out of the OTB in Conn.

Patrons called the Feds and a major investigation begain.

We were long gone before any FEDS came down on us.

Bottom line is we did nothing wrong.

No, Vito, you did something wrong. Last I checked, it was and still is illegal to bet with a bookie.
 You just didn't get caught. Grin
poconomike

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2005, 03:00:53 PM »

Paul:

You are not breaking the law by placing a bet (at least not in NY/NJ/Pa/Conn) with a bookie. The law is broken by the person (bookie) who takes the bet. This has held up in the courts many times. The bettor is not committing a crime
Richard Breth

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2005, 03:08:22 PM »

What is the exact drug that caused the positives? I keep  hearing rumors, but no one's stated with certainty what caused the DQ.

Dont know either. Maybe one of the many people who say they saw the ruling on the Wall of Shame last night will tell us if it said there.

Starting to think this might be two 30 day suspensions for the two prior positives for the indomithacyn (?). Hard to tell all I know is what I read here.

njhorseman

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2005, 03:17:48 PM »

Paul:

You are not breaking the law by placing a bet (at least not in NY/NJ/Pa/Conn) with a bookie. The law is broken by the person (bookie) who takes the bet. This has held up in the courts many times. The bettor is not committing a crime

Mike:
You're right in that the bettor is not subject to prosecution. However, you are still participating in an illegal activity (Remember the big stink when A Rod got caught in a raid at an illegal poker game a couple of weeks ago?).

Of course, since Vito "did nothing wrong" I'd be curious to know why he high-tailed it out the OTB. I think I recalll him saying that he was, at one time, convicted of something. If so, placing bets with a book could have been a violation of the terms of his sentence (If he was on probation). In that case, he could have faced jail time for using a book. Perhaps he could fill us in.
njhorseman

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2005, 03:20:15 PM »

Dont know either. Maybe one of the many people who say they saw the ruling on the Wall of Shame last night will tell us if it said there.

Starting to think this might be two 30 day suspensions for the two prior positives for the indomithacyn (?). Hard to tell all I know is what I read here.

He got fines for the two Indomethacin positives. These are separate violations. Besides two 30 day suspensions add up to 60 days, not 6 months.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: