Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 25, 2014, 06:45:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Morgan  (Read 2072 times)
kinoka

Ignore
« on: December 07, 2005, 07:28:21 AM »

o all of you morgan bashers,how about Tuesday at Dover? 7 wins
Report to moderator   Logged
trotter1

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2005, 10:09:06 AM »

Tony is without a question the BEST when Tony wants to be  The "when" has always
the problem with him.  He IS overbet alot but still out of the money WAY too often on
favorites--hence the "when" issue.

Personally, over the years I've tried to stick to wagering on Morgan ONLY when the
final mutual odds on him are 4-1 (minimum) and 24-1 (maximum). 

baron

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2005, 10:24:05 AM »

Almost as good as Hanners 8 wins on Sunday

o all of you morgan bashers,how about Tuesday at Dover? 7 wins
TC

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2005, 10:37:51 AM »

Baron, I'm asking you a serious question.  Do you think it's healthy for the sport to have guys routinely win 7 or 8 on a card, seemingly at will ? It seems as though Dover is the place for such feats, though Northfield had Case, Miller, and Grismore go off like that too in the past.  Also, how many skeins like this have their been lately in Dover and by how many different drivers ?  I'll hang up now and listen for my answer.  TC
burton

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2005, 10:43:29 AM »

TC,

Half of these horses are sub even money.
The best catch drivers get the best horses to drive.
Most of the time.
mgriffin

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2005, 02:12:12 PM »

I was never much of a Morgan fan. When I met him once during a Father/Son driving challenge at Foxboro Park back in the mid 90's, he came across to me as someone that was full of themself. I got the impression that he could care less about the fans of the sport and more for what drive he was getting next. There is no doubting his ability, he a good driver. Maybe with some more winners at Dover over the next few months will land him additional drives at the Big M if guys like LaChance and Campbell decide not to drive as much. We will see. I know one thing, you will get some good odds on him at the Big M, but he might find it a lot tougher to get the lead than he thinks.
baron

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2005, 03:59:03 PM »

When you have 15 drives a night, 6 nights a week, I don't think it's ridiculous to have this occurr..

It's just like any track, when you get beyond the top 2-3 drivers there is a big drop off.. Chicago has Tetrick, Oosting, Magee then the rest. Meadowlands is obviously the deepest.

Baron, I'm asking you a serious question.  Do you think it's healthy for the sport to have guys routinely win 7 or 8 on a card, seemingly at will ? It seems as though Dover is the place for such feats, though Northfield had Case, Miller, and Grismore go off like that too in the past.  Also, how many skeins like this have their been lately in Dover and by how many different drivers ?  I'll hang up now and listen for my answer.  TC
Justafan

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2005, 04:36:18 PM »

First race Wednesday Morgan sits with 3/5 behind a 2 year old that has shown nothing and let's Morand beat him to the punch at 3/4's.  Drives like that will keep Cat well ahead in the driver's standings.
Justafan

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2005, 06:36:25 PM »

Man, Tony must be high or something today.  Race 8 he pulls the pocket to 3/4's behind the favorite who showed no signs of giving it up. 
baron

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2005, 07:15:08 PM »

I see Morand has won 3 and Hanners 2.. I can't seem to find Morgan's name on top :-)
Joe B

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2005, 07:26:05 PM »

Baron - all your debates about illinois vs Delaware will be less credible if you cant admit Morgan can drive circles around Morand and Hanners.....you make some good points about Delaware...but please admit that Tony will outdrive them two clowns like they are Dean magee and Ross Leonard.
baron

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2005, 08:13:45 PM »

It's even easier than that. If Morgan can drive circles around these guys, he should win the driving title, period, right? Really nothing to debate, should work itself out right?

Baron - all your debates about illinois vs Delaware will be less credible if you cant admit Morgan can drive circles around Morand and Hanners.....you make some good points about Delaware...but please admit that Tony will outdrive them two clowns like they are Dean magee and Ross Leonard.
Kenneth J. Chadwick

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2005, 08:22:42 PM »

This is an opportunity for good handicappers:

1) If Morgan is somewhatover bet, you have to find the false favorite. Cheesy

2) I am waiting until probably Jan 1, 2006 for some form to appear with these horses. 8) 8)

3) Little patience will always payoff. Grin Grin Grin

Kenneth J. Chadwick,

Working on the handicapping skills. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

It's a Wonderful Life, let's live every moment like its your last.
kingofcrete

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2005, 03:32:27 AM »

KINOKA

CATMAN returns the favor by winning 7 on Wednesday Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

SHOVE THAT UP BROWNSTAINS ASS Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
trotter1

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2005, 11:01:53 AM »

Man, Tony must be high or something today.  Race 8 he pulls the pocket to 3/4's behind the favorite who showed no signs of giving it up. 

The key word in your statement is "or something".  As I stated, Tony is the BEST only when
he wants to be.  Stay away from him at less than 4-1.   You'll miss plenty of even money winners but you'll also miss at least 3 times as many even money finishes out of the money
with this guy.
kingofcrete

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2005, 01:35:07 AM »

OH NO 7 MORE FOR THE CATMAN ON THURSDAY Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

WHILE THE BROWNSTAIN GETS SHUT OUT AT DOVER Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

WHERE IS KINOKA?HuhHuh??
kingthermo

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2005, 07:28:52 PM »

OH NO 7 MORE FOR THE CATMAN ON THURSDAY Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

WHILE THE BROWNSTAIN GETS SHUT OUT AT DOVER Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

WHERE IS KINOKA?HuhHuh??
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  OH NO that no driving tony is 5 of 7 so far today,but he can't catch the CATMAN
boiler

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2005, 08:34:48 PM »

Gamblers never seems to mention that the horse has anything to do with the races outcome. Roll Eyes

I guess that is the difference when you grow up in the grandstand or racetrack with gamblers.  Or (like me) grow-up around horsemen, who grow-up with horsemen etc.etc.
burton

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2005, 10:01:46 AM »

I would say Morgan winning 12 races Saturday and Sunday with those big purses more than makes up for the zero wins at Maywood Friday.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: