Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 25, 2014, 09:33:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pierce waives bye bye to Trond  (Read 4536 times)
Gabe P

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2006, 11:29:25 PM »

Also, I don't think the crowd getting loud had anything at all to do with Pierce waving at Smedshammer.  They had already began to roar at the top of the lane.  I have been to the last 7 or 8 futurities (filly and colt) and ANY time there is a 3rd heat race off, the crowd always cheers down the stretch and gives a roaring ovation to the winner.  Afterall, it is the winner's 2nd win in 3 races, all in the same day...
Report to moderator   Logged
tencentsuper

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2006, 11:57:48 PM »

I am postitive the biggest gambler at the Red Mile was not out yelling at Pierce.
The Panderosa

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2006, 12:10:47 AM »

I thought it was tacky as well.  If I were Trond I would not be happy, however I think harness racing needs something like this.  Maybe if nothing else it gives Pierce a target on his back.  Could make things more intersting.  Cocky nonetheless.
Hoberz

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2006, 12:15:23 AM »

Am I the only one that feels that it was completely unnecessary, and very tacky?

Best,
EW

What about the jockey celebrations, when they're widening in the stretch?

TALK horses & handicapping over at www.thelightninglane.com
pezz97

« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2006, 12:22:32 AM »

yup, shocker you thinks it was bad!!!! dude you need a life, it was funny to watch and you of course have a different oppinion just to be different
Gabe P

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2006, 12:34:36 AM »

I am POSITIVE the biggest gambler at The Red Mile was yelling at Pierce.  His name is Billy Woodrum and he sits upstairs inside.  You should come upstairs tomorrow and meet him, he will be glad to talk to you and tell you what he thought about Pierce as well.  And, if for some reason, you don't think he is the biggest gambler at The Red Mile, just go ask the mutuels office.  They willl be more than happy to tell you.  He spent 7,000 in the Pick 6 at Cal last night and bet 40,000+ just at Cal Expo last night.  In the meantime, you can keep betting your "tencentsupers" down on the mat with the rest of your "high rolling friends."     
GoBuckeyez

« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2006, 12:47:57 AM »

I am POSITIVE the biggest gambler at The Red Mile was yelling at Pierce.  His name is Billy Woodrum and he sits upstairs inside.  You should come upstairs tomorrow and meet him, he will be glad to talk to you and tell you what he thought about Pierce as well.  And, if for some reason, you don't think he is the biggest gambler at The Red Mile, just go ask the mutuels office.  They willl be more than happy to tell you.  He spent 7,000 in the Pick 6 at Cal last night and bet 40,000+ just at Cal Expo last night.  In the meantime, you can keep betting your "tencentsupers" down on the mat with the rest of your "high rolling friends."     

Well you and your buddy Billy can both go suck on a lemon because it was classic and I would shake RP's hand if I had the chance

Trond is a punk
Gabe P

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2006, 01:01:38 AM »

You may have misunderstood me, I don't really care one way or the other.  I was just commenting to EW that Billy thought it was "classless" as well.  I don't really know what would possess him to do that midstretch, but I did laugh when seeing it live. 
tencentsuper

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2006, 01:43:07 AM »

The guy must have hit easy with a $7000 play. Did you sign for him ? Probably not , I am positive a kentucky educated person still missed it.
Ted Womnt

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2006, 02:07:43 AM »

This guy must have inherited tons of money if he is wasting that much money at tiny pools like cal-expo. 40,000 is bigger than any pool they have minus the pick 6. What a ***
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2006, 03:41:18 AM »

Ed,

While Ron Pierce was being interviewed after the race in the winner's circle by Sam McKee, the largest gambler at The Red Mile was yelling at Pierce and cursing him from the 2nd floor grandstand.  So you are not the only one who thought it was "classless", as he called it.  It probably should also be noted he had $600 to win on the 1. 

Although I was on the right side, I'll never forget how pissed off I was when Roger Welch made the "5" to the camera last year when he won on Victor's Finesse.  I had made a very healthy bet on him, and -- paying $19 -- I would've blown my top if the horse would've run because he was showboating.

In the end, it was all good though...

Overall, I just don't think it's necessary at all.  I don't care if they trashtalk in other sports.  I think that's crap too...

Best,
EW

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2006, 03:43:13 AM »

What about the jockey celebrations, when they're widening in the stretch?

I generally don't like those either.  They are out there to RACE.

The only one in reason times that I've liked was when the jock gave Bernardini a pet in the stretch.  IMO, it was more of a "congrats for a good job, horse," and that I can handle.

Best,
EW

edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2006, 03:48:39 AM »

The guy must have hit easy with a $7000 play. Did you sign for him ? Probably not , I am positive a kentucky educated person still missed it.

If you only play ONE ticket, $7k doesn't really get you as far as you think.  Chances are that he had 5 of 6 -- I would hope.

I can completely understand the $7,000 pick 6 ticket, but have no idea how in the heck he bet $33,000 on the rest of the card.  That would be about $2-3k a race, and there's simply nowhere for that to go.

Nevermind the fact that he's costing himself thousands and thousands of dollars playing at the track.  The Red Mile has one of the better "club" programs out there, but it still lacks to any decent rebate shop -- especially if he bets that kind of iron.  Given the fact that he's betting on track -- I have this shocking feeling that he loses.   Sad

Best,
EW

VicD

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2006, 06:21:35 AM »

That was very unlike Ronnie, he's just not that type of guy...
Not sure how well liked Trond is, but he always seems miserable..
It was funny to watch, but I don't think this game, with the public reputation it already has, needs much of this stuff....
off stride

« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2006, 06:57:51 AM »

You may have misunderstood me, I don't really care one way or the other.  I was just commenting to EW that Billy thought it was "classless" as well.  I don't really know what would possess him to do that midstretch, but I did laugh when seeing it live. 

cant billy express his own thoughts or are you here to do it for him...billy dis and billy dat ..who cares what 'billy' thought...
Buffaloboy

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2006, 07:00:12 AM »

I would tend to believe there is more to this then meets the eye and that there is something going on off the track. Personally, unless its a Triple Crown race, one of the million dollar races or some milestone, why the need to show off? Just do what Barry Sanders used to do when he scored a touchdown ... cross the goal line, hand the ball to the ref, walk back to the sideline and act like you had done it before.

When will Barn To Wire finally do the right thing and ban Clockerterry & Edwarren for their continued lies, anti-American & anti-semetic statements and their general disrutpive stupidity? 

The answer to a government thats too big is to stop feeding its growth. - President Ronald W. Reagan
AmyHollar
FREE THE TROLLS!

I didn't fail gym. I just didn't try to damn hard

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2006, 07:05:07 AM »

Am I the only one that feels that it was completely unnecessary, and very tacky?

Best,
EW

Lighten up Ed!   One thing that this sport needs is a little FUN! Grin Grin

Do you want cream with that cup of shut the hell up?
AmyHollar
FREE THE TROLLS!

I didn't fail gym. I just didn't try to damn hard

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2006, 07:11:06 AM »

That was very unlike Ronnie, he's just not that type of guy...
Not sure how well liked Trond is, but he always seems miserable..
It was funny to watch, but I don't think this game, with the public reputation it already has, needs much of this stuff....

Trond had a smile on his face.  Trond would have been a fool to be upset.  Three NICE miles from the fillies.  Someone has to win someone has to lose, but with the way those horses raced yesterday, they all know they are winners. 

The last thing we need is stand offish behavior out of anyone in the sport. thumbs down

To both Pierce and Trond!

Do you want cream with that cup of shut the hell up?
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2006, 07:21:42 AM »

Lighten up Ed!   One thing that this sport needs is a little FUN! Grin Grin

There's money on the line, and class is always a positive.  Sorry, but I just don't agree.

All the best!
EW

pezz97

« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2006, 08:40:29 AM »

It was awesome and so funny I just had to watch it again!!!!
PickfourNYC

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2006, 09:52:39 AM »

When I was watching the race I started cracking up because it was a  funny priceless moment.  A two horse race, not a lot of drama, and clearly Pierce did it as a spur of the moment thing.  Good stuff!

As far as Trond, Amy is right.  He was actually smiling when Ron did the "good bye", so even Trond had a sense of humor about it, because it no matter how you slice it...it was funny.

As far as Pierce being a showboat....forget it, not even close to being true.  As a matter of fact he seems uncomfortable when he gets interviewed in the first place, because personally I think he'd rather not do any of that stuff to begin with. 

As I said....good stuff!
sg

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2006, 10:12:42 AM »

Quote from: AmyHollar link=topic=9555.msg95173#msg95173 date=1160222707

Lighten up Ed! [u
  One thing that this sport needs is a little FUN!

Agree totally, I got a great laugh from watching Pierce's antic. Made me think he really can show some emotion as he is so aloof in interviews

"Why this fellow don't know anymore about politics
than a pig knows about Sunday"
Harry S Truman
betorfold

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2006, 10:35:53 AM »

As far as Pierce being a showboat....forget it, not even close to being true.  As a matter of fact he seems uncomfortable when he gets interviewed in the first place, because personally I think he'd rather not do any of that stuff to begin with. 

As I said....good stuff!

Ron Pierce has driven horses for us a few times.  He drove a horse for us at Delaware once and the horse was off that day so she didn't get a check. (not his fault)  Since they don't take out driver's money there, we offered to pay Ron for driving.  He said we didn't owe him anything.  "She didn't get any money so you don't need to pay me."  Not many drivers would say that.  He is alright in my book...

I thought the wave was hilarious! One thing for certain...that wave will be remembered for a long time...like it or not.
In stride
Have Pace Will Travel

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2006, 10:43:31 AM »

if this guy spent this kind of money, he's definitely got a problem.

"put the horse in the box and use the arm&hammer
after you win the purse they will take you to the slammer"
Gabe P

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2006, 10:53:42 AM »

No, actually he missed it.  I think he had 5 of 6 multiple times on multiple tickets.  I had 5 of 6 three times as well, but we only put $648 in it.  Really wasn't that hard of a Pick 6 to have, I think everyone was kicking themselves in the @$$ after it was over.  

And yes, it is very hard to imagine what this guy bets unless you are sitting right up there with him.  I saw him hit a tri the other night at Cal for $1860.  No, this is not what it paid, this is how many times he had it.  So, come sweat out your "tencentsupers" upstairs and have a look for yourself.  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: