Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 18, 2014, 06:42:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Manzi VS. Morgan  (Read 3583 times)
burton

Ignore
« on: December 06, 2005, 03:10:07 PM »

Manzi is adding Monticello to his schedule on Freehold's off days.
Looks like Morgan will probably finish 2nd in 2005.
Report to moderator   Logged
Dan Nance

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2005, 05:08:35 PM »

Manzi is adding Monticello to his schedule on Freehold's off days.
Looks like Morgan will probably finish 2nd in 2005.

Who cares?

Yours Truly
burton

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2005, 05:10:48 PM »

Who cares?

Yours Truly

Just the response I would expect from a racist, horse juicing compulsive gambler.
Dan Nance

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2005, 05:36:57 PM »

Just the response I would expect from a racist, horse juicing compulsive gambler.

I forgot, I'm not talking to you. You two bit piece of dog shit. Whatever your race is kiss my ass.

Yours truly
njhorseman

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2005, 06:19:45 PM »

Who cares?

I care. I'd like to see Manzi win his first national driving title. At age 55 he's having the best year of his career, when other drivers in that age bracket like Lachance and Campbell are really starting to show their age.
Dan Nance

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2005, 06:30:39 PM »

I care. I'd like to see Manzi win his first national driving title. At age 55 he's having the best year of his career, when other drivers in that age bracket like Lachance and Campbell are really starting to show their age.

Also, because he's an east coast driver right? If he wins go out and buy him a steak dinner and pat him on the back. Me, I could care less who wins the title. I only remember the times I bet some of them and they stiffed me.

Yours Truly
njhorseman

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2005, 06:56:21 PM »

Also, because he's an east coast driver right? If he wins go out and buy him a steak dinner and pat him on the back. Me, I could care less who wins the title. I only remember the times I bet some of them and they stiffed me.

No, not because he's an east coast driver. There are plenty of east coast drivers. Manzi was the principal driver of my horses for many years.
Dan Nance

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2005, 07:10:57 PM »

No, not because he's an east coast driver. There are plenty of east coast drivers. Manzi was the principal driver of my horses for many years.

Well guess what Paul? If that's the case I would like to see Ronnie Marsh and LaVern Hostetler get all the great horses that Manzi has been driving and I would like to see them win the title because they were my principal drivers for years and won hundreds of races for me. Ronnie has over 5000 wins lifetime and lost 7 or 8 years of driving because of the Johnston's. I would like to see Ronnie at age 53 go to the Big M. and Freehold and get the great stock to drive as Manzi does and see him win the title because he was my principal driver.

P.S.
    What ever happened to Manzi's brother. And The Chang racing stable?

Yours Truly
bigdaddy

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2005, 07:13:26 PM »

In response to the thread title, what are the current #'s
njhorseman

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2005, 07:17:01 PM »

Well guess what Paul? If that's the case I would like to see Ronnie Marsh and LaVern Hostetler get all the great horses that Manzi has been driving and I would like to see them win the title because they were my principal drivers for years and won hundreds of races for me. Ronnie has over 5000 wins lifetime and lost 7 or 8 years of driving because of the Johnston's. I would like to see Ronnie at age 53 go to the Big M. and Freehold and get the great stock to drive as Manzi does and see him win the title because he was my principal driver.

P.S.

Dan:
No one's stopping Marsh from coming to NJ. Tell him to give it a try.

I assume you mean Cat's brother Steve. He's been a bloodstock agent for many years. I don't know about the Chang stable, or even who the principals are.
njhorseman

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2005, 07:18:37 PM »

In response to the thread title, what are the current #'s

Manzi has 656 wins, Morgan 627.
Richard Breth

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2005, 07:22:35 PM »

P.S.

"It's none of your damn business what these guys are doing today."

"What's your point? Why bring up guys who are out of the game? Worry about the guys that are in the game today stealing your money. There are plenty of them out there."
Dan Nance

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2005, 07:26:18 PM »

Dan:
No one's stopping Marsh from coming to NJ. Tell him to give it a try.

I assume you mean Cat's brother Steve. He's been a bloodstock agent for many years. I don't know about the Chang stable, or even who the principals are.

Ronnie is limited on what he can do and where he can go because the Johnston's RUINED him and his name. He held an IRB license for all those years but the sumbags wouldn't let him drive at their dump tracks. If he tried to go somewhere to drive during those years they would tell him to clear up his ordeal in Chicago and then they would let him drive. How could he clear up something when they wouldn't let him drive. If it wasn't for the Carey's letting Ronnie drive at Hawthorne he would still be working for some trainer. That's the power of money. John Johnston can ride a ringer and not have his named ruined for life because his dad owns racetracks.

Yours Truly
Dan Nance

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2005, 07:30:10 PM »

"It's none of your damn business what these guys are doing today."

"What's your point? Why bring up guys who are out of the game? Worry about the guys that are in the game today stealing your money. There are plenty of them out there."

Sorry, I didn't know that Manzi's brother was barred along with his owners the Chang racing stable. I never recalled hearing Manzi's brother was a cheater.

Yours truly
Richard Breth

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2005, 07:35:33 PM »

Sorry, I didn't know that Manzi's brother was barred along with his owners the Chang racing stable. I never recalled hearing Manzi's brother was a cheater.

I dont know anything about those other two guys either because self important goofs like you come on here to blast anyone who trys to talk about them.

Do you get the point goof? Shut the hell up and let people talk about what they want to talk on this forum. You arent the gatekeeper.
njhorseman

« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2005, 07:35:54 PM »

Ronnie is limited on what he can do and where he can go because the Johnston's RUINED him and his name. He held an IRB license for all those years but the sumbags wouldn't let him drive at their dump tracks. If he tried to go somewhere to drive during those years they would tell him to clear up his ordeal in Chicago and then they would let him drive. How could he clear up something when they wouldn't let him drive. If it wasn't for the Carey's letting Ronnie drive at Hawthorne he would still be working for some trainer. That's the power of money. John Johnston can ride a ringer and not have his named ruined for life because his dad owns racetracks.

Dan:
As long as he has a license, he can't be barred at the state-owned Meadowlands. Hell, if Stalbaum is allowed to drive there, anyone can.  Grin
Dan Nance

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2005, 07:45:18 PM »

Dan:
As long as he has a license, he can't be barred at the state-owned Meadowlands. Hell, if Stalbaum is allowed to drive there, anyone can.  Grin

Paul, Ronnie will never get any drives out there that would count. He's better off staying in Chicago where he can get alot of drives and $25 a drive. He knows he can go anywhere now and drive but back when the Johnstons wouldn't let him drive even though he had a license no place else would let him drive either because the Johnston's called every track and blackballed him.

Yours truly
cumonwire

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2005, 10:12:38 PM »

I used to be a big Ronnie Marsh fan, but it seems that he was at his best on a 5/8 mile track and the Big M is a mile track, so stay home Ronnie.
Chavo

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2005, 02:50:49 AM »

Ron Marsh can  

EDITED
burton

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2005, 09:56:05 AM »

P.S.

Yours Truly

How ridiculous to compare Manzi to Marsh!
And you say you know about racing?
Manzi has probably been the most consistent driver in harness history.
Filion drove at a number of minor tracks as well as New York.
Manzi has been a key player on the harness world's greatest stage.
Marsh was out smoking his crack pipe.
Manzi was driving 20 times a day.
Marsh can barely get drives here when the driver colony gets thinner.
No comparison.

mgriffin

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2005, 02:05:33 PM »

Ron Marsh? You have got to be kidding me. Burton, you are right on about this. There is no comparison. I do not like to blast people that can't respond back. Let's sum it up as this. Ron Marsh is a career minor leaguer and there is no shame in that, but to get a cup of coffee at the Big M or Freehold, he better start hitting the treadmill and weights. That is just a suggestion only and not a knock on him. If he is happy with his overall physical fitness, then good luck to him.
burton

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2005, 05:33:37 PM »

Manzi wins five this afternoon at Freehold.
Has Marsh won five in the last two weeks?
Joe B

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2005, 05:45:58 PM »

First of all, it's hard to compare anyone to Manzi.....he's absolutely outstanding and at his age it makes his current accomplishments even more outstanding. Marsh is not in the same league.  But
back in the 80's, Marsh was very good....lets not forget that. he was just a notch below Davey when Davey was dominating....especially on the bigger tracks....so Marsh definitely had some talent. It's too bad his personal problems took a lot away from his career.....and his driving now is
probably subpar.....but he was good at one time.....Joe B
cumonwire

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2005, 05:53:17 PM »

I agree with most of what Joe B. said, except that nobody was Marsh's equal at the Sportsman's Meets
cumonwire

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2005, 05:56:46 PM »

I think The Catman is very good, but I still would take Campbell over him.  And I think the owners and trainers who don't use JC as much because he is a weekend warrior are costing themselves money.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: