Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 28, 2014, 03:48:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amihavinagoodayorwhat?  (Read 2039 times)
sn

« on: September 20, 2006, 12:51:27 PM »

Now that I dont have the big horse anymore I can give you guys the story on this one!!!!
I just had the horse worked on two days before tall decided to make a barn change. You see he has OCD'S in both hocks and Pacitti and them guys were trying to race him like that (something I didnt want to do) Wilcox worked on him for me and he was all ready to go and then I sighned over my half the horse to Tall cause he made the change to Darcy!!!
A few guys told me I was stupid for just sighning him back to tall just because he wanted to make the change, they said I had the right to say"a deal is adeal" I'm not like that though, you see tall put up the cash to buy the horse and just GAVE me half of him for training him. When he wanted to leave I told him I'll just sighn him back over to him!!! he even offerd to let me keep the horse and continue to train him on our deal and I said No I'll just sighn him back over!!!
As far as tonight goes, I dont know if Davey is the right driver for this horse or not, Hes big and bad gaited and a little scary at times. He also hits his left knee if hes not shoed correctly. The good news is that hes FAST,FAST,FAST!!!!
I hope he gets there tonight cause Im betting a couple cold Doubles with him, Hopefully I could get some of that $$$$$$$$$ I paid wilcox for his vetwork back!!!

Good luck at the windows Tall!!! ( since thats all you guys are worried about is GAMBLING!!!!) LOL!!!!!!

P.S. Micky will be fine!!!!!
Report to moderator   Logged
burton

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2006, 01:01:09 PM »

I can see the line of potential owners for sn getting smaller by the minute.
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2006, 01:35:00 PM »

No kidding.

Best,
EW

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
Cullom

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2006, 02:07:08 PM »

I remember an unnamed person laughing about all the low lifes in Chicago making DEALS to get horses or is my memory failing me?Huh??
I really can see why two brothers don't speak very often
racefixer101

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2006, 02:22:20 PM »

SN's post sounds like a very classy post by wishing Tall good luck.
Honest1

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2006, 02:43:11 PM »

I think what SN did shows a ton of class, most would say ok now buy me out. Scott did not bad mouth any one and made the right decisions in this deal. Not many would have that kind of honesty. And he harbors no bad will on Tall. Good for you Scott. Most owners see that as integrity and their will be more owners entering your barn.
Cullom

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2006, 02:58:43 PM »

I agree very much on that part of showing class at least before the rumor mongers start posting the "He said "She said!!!!!
couchman

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2006, 03:35:53 PM »

Scott stop making deals like this or you will cash out quickly
I'm not a trainer
I pay my own bills and I don't make deals with anyone
People who make deals with you usually have deep pockets and short arms
If you plan on owning horses be sure you know what you are getting into
If the horses don't pay their own way get rid of them
and for God's sake stay away from babies, they will break you quickly
I have no animosity towards this person who made this deal with you, I'm just speaking in general terms
Scott you sound like an honest person and I wish you nothing but the best of luck
Too bad Marv isn't still around he was a great guy

Couchman
burton

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2006, 03:37:13 PM »

I think what SN did shows a ton of class, most would say ok now buy me out. Scott did not bad mouth any one and made the right decisions in this deal. Not many would have that kind of honesty. And he harbors no bad will on Tall. Good for you Scott. Most owners see that as integrity and their will be more owners entering your barn.
Are you joking?
Who would want a trainer who will go on a public forum and discuss details of your horse ("the story") the minute your relationship ends.
That is not classy.

There are three reasons he doesn't have prospective owners lining up.

1. His own big mouth.
2. His brother's big mouth.
3. He's not winning many races.

BOBBY ORR

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2006, 03:42:07 PM »

I just believe the horse is a rat!!!! Just my opinion.

Bobby
TC

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2006, 03:46:47 PM »

Are you joking?
Who would want a trainer who will go on a public forum and discuss details of your horse ("the story") the minute your relationship ends.
That is not classy.

There are three reasons he doesn't have prospective owners lining up.

1. His own big mouth.
2. His brother's big mouth.
3. He's not winning many races.

Burton old sock, how do you  know sn doesn't have new, old, or prospective owners lined up ?  I personally know of 3 guys who contacted me and asked for my opinion of sn, and I freely gave it.  They were seeking opinions from several people, so my endorsement will bear no extra value than theirs.  Careful with your words, because they are misleading here.   trotter  TC
burton

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2006, 03:49:53 PM »

Burton old sock, how do you  know sn doesn't have new, old, or prospective owners lined up ?  I personally know of 3 guys who contacted me and asked for my opinion of sn, and I freely gave it.  They were seeking opinions from several people, so my endorsement will bear no extra value than theirs.  Careful with your words, because they are misleading here.   trotter  TC
That's funny.
Most people I talk to say the opposite.
So my statement is far from misleading.
You and I may differ on points 1 &2.
But point 3 is pure fact.
Dan Nance

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2006, 03:59:53 PM »

Scott stop making deals like this or you will cash out quickly
I'm not a trainer
I pay my own bills and I don't make deals with anyone
People who make deals with you usually have deep pockets and short arms
If you plan on owning horses be sure you know what you are getting into
If the horses don't pay their own way get rid of them
and for God's sake stay away from babies, they will break you quickly
I have no animosity towards this person who made this deal with you, I'm just speaking in general terms
Scott you sound like an honest person and I wish you nothing but the best of luck
Too bad Marv isn't still around he was a great guy

Couchman

Scott

Make sure you listen to all this good advice because after all you have only been in harness racing for 5 months. The other six full years you spent in the business and the hundreds of races you won doesn't count.

So, I guess you have no idea how to deal with owners. After all you've only dealt with about 3 dozen different owners in your life and that's not enough to know how to conduct your business, so make sure you listen to all this advice.

And, make sure you don't deal with babies like Sparkling Grace, Heal B Friskey, Grandville Whitey, Roretta, Misty Betty and Tricky Treat because they will bust you out.

P.S.
         I see burton is posting under this topic. Whatever he's saying, please somebody tell him to butt out because he has no clue about anything that has to do with training or owning horses. If he had any sort of clue he wouldn't have busted out as an owner. Tell this jerk to get lost like tonymfan did.  
Double Joker

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2006, 04:24:25 PM »

Granville Whitey one of my old time favorites!

Dr E.K.Buckley
Penn State
Window Washer
Brooklyn Smoke                     ETC!               flag
d00d

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2006, 04:30:37 PM »

Is this horse for sale?  Thanks for the info, sn!!!
Dan Nance

« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2006, 04:41:02 PM »

Is this horse for sale?  Thanks for the info, sn!!!

Go buy t-breds. Something you know a little more about.

And, I got news for you. Heal B Frisky had OCD's in his hocks at 2 but that didn't stop him from earning 78K as a two year old and it didn't stop him from getting beat a nose at the wire in the Orange And Blue.

When the owner insisted having the OCD's removed after his 2 yr old season was over we did. When he came back at three he stunk. They should have let me race him at 3 with the damn things in like I did at 2 and then throw him in the Meadowlands sale when he turned 4.

d00d

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2006, 04:44:01 PM »

Go buy t-breds. Something you know a little more about.

And, I got news for you. Heal B Frisky had OCD's in his hocks at 2 but that didn't stop him from earning 78K as a two year old and it didn't stop him from getting beat a nose at the wire in the Orange And Blue.

When the owner insisted having the OCD's removed after his 2 yr old season was over we did. When he came back at three he stunk. They should have let me race him at 3 with the damn things in like I did at 2 and then throw him in the Meadowlands sale when he turned 4.

Last time I checked you were out of the business.  Why would I care what your horses did in the 1980s?  I was asking SN a question.  Now please, do not reply to my posts unless I address you.
Dan Nance

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2006, 04:46:09 PM »

Last time I checked you were out of the business.  Why would I care what your horses did in the 1980s?  I was asking SN a question.  Now please, do not reply to my posts unless I address you.

I will do know such thing. Quit trying to run the forum. Who do you think you are, Janine?
d00d

« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2006, 04:46:54 PM »

I will do know such thing. Quit trying to run the forum. Who do you think you are, Janine?

*no not know.

You're welcome.
Dan Nance

« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2006, 04:59:28 PM »

By the way, Scott won't address you because he's been told who you are.

What evil lurks in the minds of trolls ?  " THE SHADOW KNOWS "
d00d

« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2006, 05:03:55 PM »

By the way, Scott won't address you because he's been told who you are.

What evil lurks in the minds of trolls ?  " THE SHADOW KNOWS "

If Sn knows who I am why did he say nothing to me at the OTB?  He was pointed out to me and I cannot recall him ever looking my way even when we made reference to a horse getting stiffed "Kiss Em Joe" style and having a good laugh.
Dan Nance

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2006, 05:12:18 PM »

If Sn knows who I am why did he say nothing to me at the OTB?  He was pointed out to me and I cannot recall him ever looking my way even when we made reference to a horse getting stiffed "Kiss Em Joe" style and having a good laugh.

Next time you see SN at Oakbrook have somebody pass him a note telling him to collect my $900 from Tony Pernice and Gary O'Brien. Tell him he can keep 50% of what he collects.

And, also tell Scott to watch out for the " fake mafia guy " because he might try and shake him down. 
d00d

« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2006, 05:16:24 PM »

Next time you see SN at Oakbrook have somebody pass him a note telling him to collect my $900 from Tony Pernice and Gary O'Brien. Tell him he can keep 50% of what he collects.

And, also tell Scott to watch out for the " fake mafia guy " because he might try and shake him down. 

You are unable to call your own brother and get this accomplished?  Rumors had been circulating that the relationship between you two had broken down because of your posts on BTW, but I did not know it was this bad.

With sn having one less horse to train, I am sure I will be seeing more of him.
Dan Nance

« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2006, 05:23:38 PM »

You are unable to call your own brother and get this accomplished?  Rumors had been circulating that the relationship between you two had broken down because of your posts on BTW, but I did not know it was this bad.

With sn having one less horse to train, I am sure I will be seeing more of him.

More nonsense rumors from grandstand goofs at Oakbrook. Worry about yourself and not what Scott Nance is doing. Scott Nance will do just fine.

If he needs me for anything he knows where I am.

The only relationship that has broken down because of my posts on BTW is my relationship with Illinois harness racing. And, that's one relationship I can do without. LET'S ALL SING!

" IN THE YEAR 2525 IF ILLINOIS RACING IS STILL ALIVE "   
tonymfan

« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2006, 06:01:00 PM »

I always thought sn was "the smart one".
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: