Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

December 18, 2014, 04:33:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: STEVEN LEROY/LEFKOWITZ PASSES AWAY !!  (Read 2630 times)
Dan Nance

« on: September 19, 2006, 02:33:09 PM »

Steven L. who was involved in the scandal with Chris Ezzo when he claimed she called him a angry old J*ew has passed away today.

I was told that Mr. Leroy has been under a lot of stress since the Chris Ezzo incident. My sources tell me his family is thinking of suing the IRB , the stewards and Ms. Ezzo.

RIP Steven
« Last Edit: September 19, 2006, 05:33:19 PM by Dan Nance » Report to moderator   Logged
Mclock

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2006, 02:38:03 PM »

I thought that incident was with Steve Lefkowits (spelling) ??
                                                                        trotter
Report to moderator   Logged

'Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.
TrackRatMole

Grandstand Goof T-shirts Now On Sale!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2006, 02:39:40 PM »

Steven L. who was involved in the scandal with Chris Ezzo when he claimed she called him a angry old J*ew has passed away today.

I was told that Mr. Leroy has been under a lot of stress since the Chris Ezzo incident. My sources tell me his family is thinking of suing the IRB , the stewards and Ms. Ezzo.

RIP Steven

That's what happens when you call someone "old"....
Dan Nance

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2006, 02:39:54 PM »

I thought that incident was with Steve Lefkowits (spelling) ??
                                                                        trotter

Same person. He changed his name to Lefkowits.
Old Horse

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2006, 02:49:36 PM »

Steven LeRoy owns Free
TC

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2006, 03:08:13 PM »

RIP Steven

Alas, the sad news came from Parisi's office.  Steven L. is gone.  I don't know what the direct cause was, but a factor in his passing was the federal lawsuit he was involved with.  It saddened the man deeply to have to seek counsel to rectify a racing official's uncalled for anti-Semitic remarks.  I know an esteemed poster such as NJ horseman would NOT tolerate such behavior, nor would I.  I'm not sure what this does to the filing, but I for one would feel remorse if his passing were indirectly caused by me.   trotter  TC

I'M WORKING ON A BIG GOV'T PROJECT THIS WEEK AND WON'T BE ABLE TO GET MUCH 411, BUT IF I GET AN ADDRESS TO SEND A CARD OR SHIVA BASKET, I'LL PASS IT ALONG.
race track phil

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2006, 03:59:00 PM »

ERIK PIE ! 

One of his best horses !   R I P   MR. LEROY

RTP
Horseplayer

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2006, 04:39:20 PM »

Didn't he breed Lehigh Sarnell?
Dan Nance

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2006, 05:38:08 PM »

Alas, the sad news came from Parisi's office.  Steven L. is gone.  I don't know what the direct cause was, but a factor in his passing was the federal lawsuit he was involved with.  It saddened the man deeply to have to seek counsel to rectify a racing official's uncalled for anti-Semitic remarks.  I know an esteemed poster such as NJ horseman would NOT tolerate such behavior, nor would I.  I'm not sure what this does to the filing, but I for one would feel remorse if his passing were indirectly caused by me.   trotter  TC

I'M WORKING ON A BIG GOV'T PROJECT THIS WEEK AND WON'T BE ABLE TO GET MUCH 411, BUT IF I GET AN ADDRESS TO SEND A CARD OR SHIVA BASKET, I'LL PASS IT ALONG.

TC

Do you think for one minute that any of those people who gave Steven grief feel any remorse about his passing? NO WAY !!

Doc is probably saying " good, now I won't have to deal with the old *** ever again ". 
burton

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2006, 05:43:19 PM »

Does anyone know what the poor man really died of?
Condolences to his family.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2006, 05:49:21 PM by burton » Report to moderator   Logged
Mclock

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2006, 05:45:49 PM »

I think Robert Leroy owns Free........don't think they are related if he just changed his name.
                                                           trotter

'Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.
Old Horse

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2006, 05:50:00 PM »

Thank you Tall---sorry about the mistake. Steven LeRoy is Robert's brother and don't remember if he is still around. Been years since I seen either of them.
Dan Nance

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2006, 06:03:36 PM »

I think Robert Leroy owns Free........don't think they are related if he just changed his name.
                                                           trotter

Steven Leroy changed his last name to Lefkowiz because he wanted people to know he was J*ewish, and damn proud of it!
Dan Nance

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2006, 08:32:53 PM »

This was a grest message sent to me and I would like to share it with you.

Dan,

Steven was extremely proud of his Jewish heritage.  Robert was his brother who passed away some time ago.  Free is still owned by Robert Leroy Enterprises in some sort of stable name...I don't know who is still involved.

As I understand the story, the original family name was Lefkovitz (sp?) and they changed it to Leroy upon moving to the US.  They were survivors of a Nazi prison camp and those stories were unbelievable.

Steven only recently changed his name back to the original spelling.

Free is out of the mare Liberation Day who is by Cole Muffler.  That's why I know a little about the story because Robert related the history to me when he explained how he had come up with the name Liberation Day.  As best I can remember the mare was actually born on the same date as he and his brother escaped the prison camp and Robert named her Liberation Day as an obvious reference to that day.  Pretty amazing stuff.

Steven was at our sale just this past weekend and bought a cheap filly to play with.  While I didn't know him very well, I am pretty sure he left behind a wife and a daughter who is much younger than you would expect from a man of his age.

We will keep his family in our prayers.

All the best.

AmyHollar
FREE THE TROLLS!

I didn't fail gym. I just didn't try to damn hard

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2006, 08:36:30 PM »

Hopefully the man's story was told enough to live through the ages. God Bless his family.

Do you want cream with that cup of shut the hell up?
BOBBY ORR

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2006, 11:46:58 PM »

I know that old man did not get along with Doc very well. I heard him one time coming out the door at Maywood yelling with the accent he had that Doc N. is a rotten mudddeeerrrr Faaaaaker!!!

Does anyone remember Steves horse........Over Issue Huh

RIP....GOD BLESS....Mr. Lefkowitz

Bobby
Horseplayer

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2006, 08:53:36 AM »

http://www.legacy.com/dailyherald/Obituaries.asp?Page=Lifestory&PersonId=19290995

Steven Lefkovits   
Steven Lefkovits Graveside services for Steven Lefkovits, 79, will be held at 2 p.m. Thursday, at Randhill Park Cemetery, 1700 W. Rand Road, Arlington Heights. He died of a heart attack on Tuesday, September 19, 2006. Steven was a fighter all his life. Steven was born in Nyirmada, Hungary, and was a Holocaust survivor. He lost his parents, Rezsi and Hermann Lefkovits along with his cherished siblings Anna, Paul, Miklos and Gabriella in Auschwitz in 1944. Steven was an avid horseman and participated in all aspects of harness racing, including training and driving. Steven was the loving husband of Laura Jean (nee Hale); beloved father of Ariella, Richard (Marina) Stillman and Roger (Jomay) Stillman; beloved grandfather of Kayla, Daniel and Victoria Stillman, and Gian and Gretchen Stillman; loving uncle of Jerry (Julie Salmon) Lefkowitz, Audrey (Peter Knitch) LeRoy and Kenneth LeRoy, Michael (Janet) LeRoy, Steven (Dunia) LeRoy and Cathy (Ezra) Ilani. He was preceded in death by his fond siblings, Robert and George LeRoy, Margaret Maate Joseph Lovas and Alex Lefkowitz. In lieu of flowers memorials in his memory to Congregation Shirat Shalom, 30W509 Shoe Factory Road, Elgin, IL 60120 or the United States Holocaust Museum, P.O. Box 1852, Highland Park, IL 60035 would be appreciated. Arrangements were made by Chicago Jewish Funerals, 847-229-8822, www.cjfinfo.com.
Published in the Chicago Suburban Daily Herald on 9/20/2006. 
Guest Book • Funeral home info • Flowers
Gift Shop • Charities 
« Last Edit: September 20, 2006, 08:59:46 AM by Horseplayer » Report to moderator   Logged
emp

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2006, 09:48:34 AM »

A small tribute........

May you be at peace Steve, from a fellow Hungarian.
Note that the Erik Pie picture was taken on my 1st bday, how ironic.

LVd

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2006, 10:51:48 AM »

very good job emp !!!    R.I.P.
supernaut

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2006, 11:11:37 AM »

They can say what they want about the old guy, but he helped me when I needed it. He was a good guy to most.
Grinder

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2006, 11:15:17 AM »

Thanks emp for taking the time to post that !   And prayers for the LeRoy survivors.

The more you bet...the more you win
emp

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2006, 11:16:57 AM »

They can say what they want about the old guy, but he helped me when I needed it. He was a good guy to most.

Agreed. Met him and bumped into him a few times here and there and behind the wall he created you could see a soft and gentle side to him which he only let a few experience.

I feel really bad that I didn't stop during the Cottonwood Sale to simply say hello to him, the image of him walking around that sale is still vivid in my mind. He was always supportive of Cottonwood, buying horses there year after year. This year he bought hip #78 - Peaceful Place - HOW IRONIC? Here's the link to the sale results....... http://www.cottonwoodfarm.com/online_sale_results.htm
Double Joker

« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2006, 01:45:54 PM »

Great tribute with the pictures emp...Rest in peace Steven!God bless the family!
TC

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2006, 03:53:54 PM »

Short of commiting a heinous crime, how could anyone mistreat a Holocost survivor ?  Leave it to the Gestapo and their henchmen to pull that one off.   trotter  TC

NAZI FILTH !
Dan Nance

« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2006, 04:18:43 PM »

EMP

Did you happen to get a picture when Steven spit in Doc's face in the racing office.

Any pictures of Steven up in Chris Ezzo's face calling her a ***?   
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: