Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 31, 2014, 12:09:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: where in the world is, WALTER CASE  (Read 1713 times)
Buffaloboy

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2006, 09:22:53 PM »

What does that say about Case's record when an old man dirt farmer could challenge his record in his first real attempt at it?

It says nothing about the 1076 record. Whether or not Morgan is setting out to try to break Case's record is known only to Morgan but from what I have read, all he has said when asked about the record was he is just trying to win as many races he can. I havent seen where he has said his goal was to break the record.

If you go back to when he was at Yonkers, it was Case who originally broke Herve Filion's record for wins in a season. Filion was beloved at Yonkers for decades and people hated Case for breaking the record. Case knew it and basicly wanted to prove it wasnt a fluke. From the moment Dick Clark counted down the ball dropping in Times Square, Case made it known he was out to break his own record.

I forgot which month it was but early on he had 100 wins in a month.  People realized he was not just on pace to break his own record but to get to 1000 wins, he said that was his goal.

Now memory may not serve me well here but I believe Case actually had 1000 wins in November and was looking at 1100 wins but had a slow December. Not to take anything away from Morgan, but Case for a long time was driving seven days a week often doing the Freehold/Yonkers doubleheader run.

As for John Campbell, he has won evertything 10 times over as you say. However, put my horse on a half mile track and I am calling Case to drive.
Report to moderator   Logged

When will Barn To Wire finally do the right thing and ban Clockerterry & Edwarren for their continued lies, anti-American & anti-semetic statements and their general disrutpive stupidity? 

“The answer to a government that’s too big is to stop feeding its growth.” - President Ronald W. Reagan
BOBBY ORR

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2006, 09:44:31 PM »

WHERE WOULD HE BE IF HE DIDNT DRIVE FOR BILL ROBINSON,BOB MCINTOSH AND CHUCK SYLVESTER??
ILL TELL YOU.........HED JUST BE THE UNAGRESSIVE AVERAGE GOOF A DRIVER LIKE HE REALLY IS!!
THOSE GUYS AND THEIR "STUFF" MADE HIM LOOK LIKE A LEGEND AND NOW EVERYONE THINKS HES THE BEST EVER!!
NOT ME........I DIDNT DRINK THE KOOLAID!!
WHEN CAMPBELL WINS ANYWHERE NEAR 10000 RACES THEN YOU CAN GIVE ME A CALL.........UNTIL THEN ENJOY THE "ONE ARMED WONDERS" WANING YEARS AS HIS SKILL DETERIORATE RIGHT IN FRONT OF OUR EYES WHILE SEARS, BRENNAN AND THE BOYS DRIVE CIRCLES AROUND JC!!!

Are you lost ? Case drove for many trainers who have since been tossed out of Ohio.
He drove plenty juiced up horses. They first week Case gets out of prison he'll be looking for a bag of crack cocaine, he is addicted and will never stop. Just another woulda--- coulda in todays society.

Bobby
Buffaloboy

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2006, 03:58:05 AM »

Are you lost ? Case drove for many trainers who have since been tossed out of Ohio.
He drove plenty juiced up horses. They first week Case gets out of prison he'll be looking for a bag of crack cocaine, he is addicted and will never stop. Just another woulda--- coulda in todays society.

Bobby

You could very well be right. Hopefully you are not. Let me ask you though, before prison, do you know just how many treatment had Walter Case completed?

The answer is a whopping zero.

Now before we get all excited about Northfield having gotten rid of many of the trainers, if you go back through the USTA rulings archives. you will see just about every Northfield Park trainer has been busted for something at some point.

This is also the same Northfield Park, who shortly after Case's arrest proclaimed Case passed the tests they gave while he was there.

When will Barn To Wire finally do the right thing and ban Clockerterry & Edwarren for their continued lies, anti-American & anti-semetic statements and their general disrutpive stupidity? 

“The answer to a government that’s too big is to stop feeding its growth.” - President Ronald W. Reagan
shooter

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2006, 11:06:55 AM »

got to go with walter being the best.he could steer any horse.hope he gets straightend out and drives again whaen he gets out.he needs to stop kicking horses though,he paid tons of money for his kicking.morgan,cambell,and all the rest are good,when your sitting behind the horses they got to drive.didnt matter what walter drove he could bring them in.
LV_GaryD
Highly Unesteemed Former Horseman

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2006, 12:34:26 PM »

I too think Walter is probably the best, but what if Herve had tried to win every race he was ever in? He may have set a record that could never be broken.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: