Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

August 23, 2014, 08:33:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sam Huggers in all their glory  (Read 841 times)
Chitown Stan

Ignore
« on: December 04, 2005, 03:07:40 AM »

The invent of 10 cent superfectas have damned us last minute betters for ever. I got shut out of 2 Hiteman horses tonight and 3 nice priced horses at the Meadowlands because of these slow dolts punching away endlessly on 80 cent vouchers. My handicapping theories and strategies prevent me from wagering any earlier then one minute to post. These mentally deficiants handicap at the window, then compute their 10 cent supers at tracks that are 15 minutes away from a start. If you are one of these, please show some class and yield! Thank You!

Stan
Report to moderator   Logged
Al Culess

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2005, 03:10:58 AM »

The ten cent superfectas pay a fair mutual.
Les Moore

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2005, 03:22:24 AM »

I have been a harsh critic of tellers for years. Since the 10 cent supers are now in force they are my heros. How any teller can go 10 minutes without choking some dumb kook's eyeballs out is beyond me. There is no such thing as betting etiquette any longer. Some idiot boxed 5 horses in a super and thought the total was 10 cents. Then he starts arguing with the teller and shut out 20 people.
Al Culess

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2005, 03:48:42 AM »

I have on occasion witnessed people giving tellers piles of pennies. This could disturb bettors waiting in line.
Zulu

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2005, 09:51:12 AM »

I have been a harsh critic of tellers for years. Since the 10 cent supers are now in force they are my heros. How any teller can go 10 minutes without choking some dumb kook's eyeballs out is beyond me. There is no such thing as betting etiquette any longer. Some idiot boxed 5 horses in a super and thought the total was 10 cents. Then he starts arguing with the teller and shut out 20 people.

With the lack of tellers they have now they may have to create a seperate betting line for .10 cent supers.
They suck anyway!
TC

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2005, 10:04:16 AM »

It would definitely be a help if they KNEW the combos they were gonna leg up.  Mostly, they are throwing darts and capping at the windows.  Then, they're puting chalk over chalk etc.  Like in The Simpson's, they should bring back the $10 windows, the $50 windows, and the window for "wussy bets".    JMO.  TC
baron

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2005, 11:03:10 AM »

This is exactly why you need a a phone account as a backup, even when at the track.. I would hate to miss a prime bet because of congestion at the windows..

The invent of 10 cent superfectas have damned us last minute betters for ever. I got shut out of 2 Hiteman horses tonight and 3 nice priced horses at the Meadowlands because of these slow dolts punching away endlessly on 80 cent vouchers. My handicapping theories and strategies prevent me from wagering any earlier then one minute to post. These mentally deficiants handicap at the window, then compute their 10 cent supers at tracks that are 15 minutes away from a start. If you are one of these, please show some class and yield! Thank You!

Stan
swoodall

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2005, 12:33:12 PM »

What i have never understood is why they don't station more sam machines?  As many as possible.  Maybe limit a bank of sam machines to strictly Balmoral wagers.  Only the Balmoral/Maywood icons would come up on the touch screen.  That might help a little.
Les Moore

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2005, 12:43:20 AM »

Some very good suggestions here. You would think the tracks would try to get every dollar they can. The one thing that irks me the most are the last second handicappers. They stand in line shaking and sweating then start mumbling to themselves. They don't look at their programs until its their turn to bet.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: