Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

August 21, 2014, 09:07:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: holland what an ass  (Read 2070 times)
darth vader

« on: December 03, 2005, 11:26:09 PM »

just what were you thinking driving  (papa deck  )  leaving the 2 hole rail trip and trying to pull when every moron on the track knows that it has  a passing lane which by the way widger takes and wins i know your a  hick but next time  make it look like your trying to win and not setting it up for someone else
Report to moderator   Logged
dt2

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2005, 11:30:48 PM »

Darth Vader

I agree looked like a bone head move but it did look like he was bearing out pretty good to me.

I thought the true moron in the race was Andy miller. Under no pressure he rates a 27.1 second quarter and a 55 and change middle half,  for no reason!  I'm not so sure the old timer wouldn't of gotten there had he been rated!
emp

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2005, 11:38:48 PM »

?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2005, 08:07:31 PM by emp » Report to moderator   Logged
mot tdnew

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2005, 12:21:12 AM »

Darth, I agree wholeheartedly with you. What bothers me is, why do these guys leave from the outside, take a tuck in fourth, then elect to get shuffled back to last. If your going to use that strategy, you might as well just start last and work 3rd or 4th over.
Careyscardshark

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2005, 02:37:38 AM »

Its hard to question the drive if you aren't sitting in the bike.  Numerous things could of factored into his decision to pull.  One maybe the horse was bearing out or on a line, two, maybe the horse doesn't like the passing lane, many horses don't like passing other horses on the inside because that's not what they are trained to do and it's not as natural.  Three, maybe Holland felt the horse in front was tiring, and he could get a jump on the field by pulling.  Im not saying any of these were the case, but lets not hate Holland for a reason you don't even know is true being he is a complete idiot.  I've had success with Holland in the past.  No Morgan, but better than average IMO.
Careyscardshark

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2005, 02:41:02 AM »

Anyway by looking at the charts, it doesn't appear that he pulled out of the two hole unless it was after the 3/4 which is not a dumb move anyway.  The horse still paced home in 27.1 which is faster then he would of paced coming up the passing lane.  I don't know where you are coming from here.
race track phil

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2005, 03:29:45 AM »

REAL SIMPLE ,       stay covered up as long as you can in this weather . its not the same strategy as normal racing . weather dictates what a driver should do . holland was wrong and miller was just as wrong going 27 quarter . widger got hit with the deck .       RTP
TC

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2005, 03:36:21 AM »

Guys, the best animal in that race won it.  He rocketed up the lightning lane when other struggled in there.  Brent slid out from a so-so rail, and it cost him.  That Widger horse was and will be a giant IMO.  TC
burton

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2005, 10:06:19 AM »

It always looks lots easier from the grandstand or at a computer.
trotter

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2005, 10:18:04 AM »

Nothing wrong with pulling, if you were at the track you would notice a strong tail wind last night, to your advantage to get out and let the wind push you.  You aren't getting that sitting behind someone, and someone sitting behind you.
swoodall

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2005, 01:16:30 PM »

If you are sitting in the two hole with a horse that can carry you to the open stretch and you pull, you are a fool,  wind or no wind.  Besides,  Widger needed that inside route and Holland was in the way.  Papa Deck has no problem with the passing lane at Maywood where he his better at anyway.  Holland gambles,  god approving of it or Not,  and how can you really tell if a driver bet another horse in the race?  Maybe getting out of their way when it seems not in their best intrest to do so?
TC

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2005, 01:41:53 PM »

Swoodall, good point.  One minor correction is that I'll bet my cardboard box of a house that BH had no money bet in that race.  Now, if Widger was yelling at him..."you fool, move over, I'm loaded and you can't win", would someone slide out of the way then ?  Who can say for sure.  I thought BH put in good effort all night and the results show some of the fruit of his labors on a snowy night.  He had 2 wins, a 2nd, 3rd, and 2-4th place finishes - not too shabby.  TC
burton

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2005, 02:22:45 PM »

If Papa Deck or any horse for that matter can't pass a couple of beat up horses after sitting until the 8th pole, forget it!!!
Whether by going up the passing lane or around them on the outside.
He didn't move until halfway down the lane.
I guess there was a reason Papa Deck was 30-1??
Holland gets my vote for trying to win.
Careyscardshark

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2005, 04:39:10 PM »

After watching the replay he did have to tip out three wide, so I do now agree it was a bad move, but I've certaintly seen worse, and he was 30-1 he wasnt going to win anyhow.  It's not like he was flying by the wire.  If he goes up the passing lane MAYBE he's 3rd at best.
Al Culess

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2005, 01:39:10 AM »

On a previous post, Dale Hiteman was bashed and had 3 winners on Saturday. Then Brent Holland got bashed and had 2 winners and a longshot 2nd tonight. This trend seems to happen quite frequently on here.
swoodall

« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2005, 02:22:42 AM »

Al

I said Holland gambles,  not every race or every drive.  But knowing for a fact that he and others do is enough to cast a shadow of suspicion when he or others make a move that looks like it's not in their best intrest.  As a onetime owner,  if I can get a 5th place check by my driver blocking someone in and not letting them through then I expect my driver to do what's in my best intrest.  It is his obligation to maximize my purse earnings by any legal means possible!  Including holding someone in and not making room.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: