Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 25, 2014, 05:17:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RUCKER GETS SIX MONTHS  (Read 9615 times)
race track phil

« Reply #75 on: December 06, 2005, 01:34:19 PM »

I have to tell you, after all these years it's still amazes me to watch a guy like Rucker in action in the grandstands.  I admit there is some envy here to see how much money this guy is making betting on his horses but it's almost comical to watch:

I.e.  Hawthorne in June--grandstands...Rucker watching the T.V's with Engel and his
whole group of cling-ons at his side.  Program folded up and sticking out of his back pocket.  This night they have 7 horses racing here at Hawthorne and 6 racing at the Meadowlands.  Granted, most of the horses racing this night are owned by Rucker/Engel but, if I'm an owner, I would sure want my trainer ($55++/day) to be in the PADDOCK
before the race and not firing away with the $200 exacta boxes and tri-wheels at the windows.   (I know other trainers bet, of course, but at least they stay with their horses and have other people do it for them!)

Can you think of any other professional sport where the players, managers, trainers are OPENLY  making wagers on their teams??  Watching Rucker in action with his bets at the window, his cell phone constantly going off with new updates and their laughing and swearing (swearing because they were making a killing that night--"What a fuc... incredible mile!", etc.--"I hit the superfecta 4 fuc.... times!" (actual quotes).

Hey, I admit, jealously crept in there but this type of behavior is what I believe is slowly
killing the sport from the public's point of view.  Sure--most people had no idea who the guy was but plenty of others did and this cannot help with the public's overall interest in the sport of harness racing.

No, there's not much that can be done about it--hey, maybe we could start with a
minimal dress code to at least give the public the APPEARANCE that the trainers
are professionals.
         trotter , good post .  I too have seen ken betting or should I saying rooting in the stretch run of a race one time at balmoral and he was sure a happy guy when a longshot won the race ! his horse ran fourth at a mediocre price and he was very happy he had the super and was bragging he then went right to the window with a friend to cash . what are the rules ? can you bet your horse to get beat and run fourth ? did'nt see his tickets , maybe he keyed his horse 1-2-3-4 in supers . dont know ? but he sure was'nt rooting for him to last for 4th . but lets be honest he's not the first guy who bets big thats a trainer or driver . and we all know they bet against their horses from time to time . good post however but it does look bad to know the guy is cashing and his horse did'nt win !   RTP
Report to moderator   Logged
tough business

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: December 06, 2005, 02:56:38 PM »

rtp, the best info is the "out" info!!  especially the chaldk...enough said!!
swoodall

« Reply #77 on: December 07, 2005, 02:57:05 AM »

I too have had one opportunity to witness rucker in action.  I was right behind him at a sam machine and watched him rip through 3200 on his voucher in about 6 bets.  With the exception of a super 5or 6 horse box that included his horse,  all his other bets were using his horse on top.  I wasted 300 of my own money trying to follow his lead using his 2,3 and 4th choices.  His horse lost and so did I!  So I can vouch for the fact that he sometimes bets his own horse and looses.  I must have jinxed him!
tough business

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: December 07, 2005, 03:09:17 PM »

You don't know what you're talking about. If anyone is suspended all other states will honor the suspension.

Well Dan, is there a chance that maybe someone other then you "did know what they were talking about??
tough business

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: December 08, 2005, 08:39:12 AM »

DN, why are you so upset about this rucker deal?  I told you in my post it wasn't going to be honored at the Meadowlands!!!  Your reply was I didn't know what I was talking about!!  I am not busting your balls, but there are some people on here that have sources HIGHER up the food chain then you and your friends Matty and  Birdie Twice and whoever. Not saying it is right or wrong, but the INFO I posted was RIGHT ON!!!  (atleast so far)
icare

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: December 08, 2005, 08:46:35 AM »

DN, why are you so upset about this rucker deal?  I told you in my post it wasn't going to be honored at the Meadowlands!!!  Your reply was I didn't know what I was talking about!!  I am not busting your balls, but there are some people on here that have sources HIGHER up the food chain then you and your friends Matty and  Birdie Twice and whoever. Not saying it is right or wrong, but the INFO I posted was RIGHT ON!!!  (atleast so far)

GOD BLESS RUCKER
Dan Nance

« Reply #81 on: December 08, 2005, 11:38:13 AM »

I guess you're right for now. The e-mail I recieved from the Big M. said he is under appeal and that's why he's allowed to race.

If you know so much then tell us if he has a TRO.
tough business

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: December 08, 2005, 12:10:39 PM »

Dan, as of yesterday evening, the story is that the Rucker barn is moving all horses(those not sold) to the Big M. Illinois will not be an issue for him now..

BUT who cares???

Guys like you and several others on this site, are only interested in this game to gamble!!!! the names just change, from Nance to Anderson to Rucker to Plowman to Morgan to Tetrick on and on and on...and the gamblers adjust their "capping" and go on....you won't quit, so don't get excited about things you have NO control over...go on and make $700 a night and laugh yourself to sleep!!!  Lighten up, life is too short..you got a beautiful family, enjoy them!!!  How is the weather in the countries fastest growing city?
talking head

« Reply #83 on: December 08, 2005, 12:30:20 PM »

Tough business

Well said!!
Dan Nance

« Reply #84 on: December 08, 2005, 12:53:17 PM »

Dan, as of yesterday evening, the story is that the Rucker barn is moving all horses(those not sold) to the Big M. Illinois will not be an issue for him now..

BUT who cares???

Guys like you and several others on this site, are only interested in this game to gamble!!!! the names just change, from Nance to Anderson to Rucker to Plowman to Morgan to Tetrick on and on and on...and the gamblers adjust their "capping" and go on....you won't quit, so don't get excited about things you have NO control over...go on and make $700 a night and laugh yourself to sleep!!!  Lighten up, life is too short..you got a beautiful family, enjoy them!!!  How is the weather in the countries fastest growing city?

I thank Rucker for making me see the light. New Jersey is the place to be with their lax rules. He gets suspended in Illinois and closes up shop there and heads to Jersey to carry on business as usual.

" YOU'VE GOT TO LOVE THE GAME LADDIES "
njhorseman

« Reply #85 on: December 08, 2005, 01:03:35 PM »

I thank Rucker for making me see the light. New Jersey is the place to be with their lax rules. He gets suspended in Illinois and closes up shop there and heads to Jersey to carry on business as usual.

Dan:
If he has a stay or a TRO he can also race in Illinois.
Dan Nance

« Reply #86 on: December 08, 2005, 01:12:39 PM »

No kidding Paul. Do you think I don't know how to play the game? Remember, I got a 10 day TRO and then a permanent injunction after I appealed the ruling to the IRB back in " 85 " when I was accused of that M99 positive. Only difference is the IRB never had a hearing for me in 4 years and it was proved I didn't give the horse M99 or the horse never had it in him in the first place. The IRB made a deal with me in 89 to wash the ordeal away. That's the one and only time in 20 years I ever had a problem because I was Joe Honest. I should have been Joe Crook and retired from the game with tons of cash. It's not to late for me to become Joe Crook I'm still a young man.   
Dan Nance

« Reply #87 on: December 09, 2005, 10:42:43 PM »

BUT who cares???

More bad information. He's racing in Chicago and down as trainer.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: