Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 25, 2014, 08:40:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RUCKER GETS SIX MONTHS  (Read 9576 times)
trotter

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2005, 01:30:18 PM »

The drug is not as effective as bute because it is not a pain medication. It is used for masking other things, for example milkshaking.
Report to moderator   Logged
Dan Nance

« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2005, 02:52:01 PM »

Latest "rumor" on Rucker is that the 3 tested horses in Chicago only one was positive, he DID NOT win but the other 2 did...in any case, TRO in place in Chicago and The Big M won't honor the suspension because of the drug classification..according to "experts", bute is a much better pain killer then the drug found in the horse..

You don't know what you're talking about. If anyone is suspended all other states will honor the suspension.
burton

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2005, 02:57:42 PM »

You don't know what you're talking about. If anyone is suspended all other states will honor the suspension.

Now Nance is saying 'if" suspended?
That's funny his daughters (LOL!!) started this thread saying that Rucker was suspended for six months.
No ifs, ands or buts.
Sounds like he's backing off.
Banker Barker

« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2005, 03:01:40 PM »

he said "if ANYONE"
njhorseman

« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2005, 03:10:41 PM »

The drug is not as effective as bute because it is not a pain medication. It is used for masking other things, for example milkshaking.

I'm curious about masking milkshaking. You get caught for "shaking" based on the horse's TCO2 level, not the presence of any substance. If something lowers the TCO2 level, wouldn't it also mean that it lowered the effectiveness of the "shake"?
Dan Nance

« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2005, 03:12:31 PM »

he said "if ANYONE"

Banker
             He's turning my words around. Rucker got six months you'll see. This is straight from the mouth of one of his right hand men in Jersey. Do I have to disclose all my inside info contacts? I'm not. I told you too much already. When the ruling gets posted NJ will honor the suspension. They are no doubt giving Rucker a chance to get his business in order before the ruling is posted on the board.
burton

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2005, 03:20:19 PM »

Banker
             He's turning my words around. Rucker got six months you'll see. This is straight from the mouth of one of his right hand men in Jersey. Do I have to disclose all my inside info contacts? I'm not. I told you too much already. When the ruling gets posted NJ will honor the suspension. They are no doubt giving Rucker a chance to get his business in order before the ruling is posted on the board.

I thought your daughters were hot on the trail of this news?
You stated on this forum that you "don't give a shit about Rucker."
Yet you've posted about Rucker all weekend?
Doesn't make any sense does it?
I'll believe it when it's official.
Not when the Nance Sisters gossip about it on a forum.
Dan Nance

« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2005, 03:25:13 PM »

Banker

Tell Burton to call his buddy Engel and he can confirm anything he wants confirmed. Or better yet tell him to call Matty in Jersey and Matty will give him all the details on what Rucker told him. Or if he can't get ahold of Matty then track down Birdie Twice and Birdie can also fill him in on the details. Then he can come back on this site and call all four of us liars.
burton

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2005, 03:39:01 PM »

Nance,
You'd better stop.
You're giving away all your secret sources.
Please tell us who gave you that great 3-5 shot in Balmoral's first on Saturday.
I want to make some real money.
twiliteguy

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2005, 08:19:19 PM »

NJ,
What if the medication nuetralized the lactic acid but slowed down the release of the CO2 byproduct thereby showing a lower reading when tested?

guy
njhorseman

« Reply #60 on: December 05, 2005, 08:29:27 PM »

NJ,
What if the medication nuetralized the lactic acid but slowed down the release of the CO2 byproduct thereby showing a lower reading when tested?

guy

But is there something that can do that?
twiliteguy

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: December 05, 2005, 08:33:24 PM »

Grin     maybe

guy
njhorseman

« Reply #62 on: December 05, 2005, 08:49:00 PM »

Grin     maybe

guy

And maybe they just found it in one of Rucker's horses.  Grin
ZeeGirl

« Reply #63 on: December 05, 2005, 08:53:46 PM »

Never heard of the scenario you are explaining.  I am skeptical to say the least.
swoodall

« Reply #64 on: December 06, 2005, 02:12:27 AM »

Guys

Trainers aren't responsible for these positive tests,  It's Drug addicted horses and environmental contamination!  Come on,  if a colt has gout he needs to take some medicine.  We need more control over all these illegal grooms filling the crack pipe of all these broken down severally in pain rats we call horses!  Someone needs to KO some of these inbred hillbillies drivers who park one of these rats to the 1/2 in 55 then beat the shit out of it all the way down the stretch while backing through the field,  it's enough to cause even a honest horse to take illegal drugs.  If you get caught drinking and driving,  we don't arrest the bartender.  Suspend the real villain,  the horse!  Give the horse the suspension and see what the owners do!
ZeeGirl

« Reply #65 on: December 06, 2005, 07:55:54 AM »

Excellent idea woodall, sure would be a lot of horses switching barns.................
trotter1

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: December 06, 2005, 12:11:47 PM »

I have to tell you, after all these years it's still amazes me to watch a guy like Rucker in action in the grandstands.  I admit there is some envy here to see how much money this guy is making betting on his horses but it's almost comical to watch:

I.e.  Hawthorne in June--grandstands...Rucker watching the T.V's with Engel and his
whole group of cling-ons at his side.  Program folded up and sticking out of his back pocket.  This night they have 7 horses racing here at Hawthorne and 6 racing at the Meadowlands.  Granted, most of the horses racing this night are owned by Rucker/Engel but, if I'm an owner, I would sure want my trainer ($55++/day) to be in the PADDOCK
before the race and not firing away with the $200 exacta boxes and tri-wheels at the windows.   (I know other trainers bet, of course, but at least they stay with their horses and have other people do it for them!)

Can you think of any other professional sport where the players, managers, trainers are OPENLY  making wagers on their teams??  Watching Rucker in action with his bets at the window, his cell phone constantly going off with new updates and their laughing and swearing (swearing because they were making a killing that night--"What a fuc... incredible mile!", etc.--"I hit the superfecta 4 fuc.... times!" (actual quotes).

Hey, I admit, jealously crept in there but this type of behavior is what I believe is slowly
killing the sport from the public's point of view.  Sure--most people had no idea who the guy was but plenty of others did and this cannot help with the public's overall interest in the sport of harness racing.

No, there's not much that can be done about it--hey, maybe we could start with a
minimal dress code to at least give the public the APPEARANCE that the trainers
are professionals.
burton

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: December 06, 2005, 12:18:26 PM »

Trotter1

I'm not trying to be a smart aleck.
I enjoyed your post and am sure most of it is actually what you saw yourself.
But I have a question.
I've seen alot of posts listing the amounts bet etc; by other people.
How do you know this?
Do you follow them to the SAM machine or teller and watch and listen?
Just curious?
trotter1

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: December 06, 2005, 12:19:50 PM »

Can you just imagine how shocked everyone would be if ERV MILLER was in the grandstands all evening firing away betting on his racing stock.  People would be
talking about it for MONTHS!  Why is it no big deal then when the #1 trainer (based on
some criteria) in New Jersey and Chicago is doing so every single night?
trotter1

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: December 06, 2005, 12:22:46 PM »

Truly, by coincidence I have been directly behind Rucker on 3 occassions.  He
apparently doesn't believe in using SAM machines and makes his bets live with a teller.

For whatever it's worth, he's always bet on his own horses in the 3 occassions I mentioned.
njhorseman

« Reply #70 on: December 06, 2005, 01:24:53 PM »

I have to tell you, after all these years it's still amazes me to watch a guy like Rucker in action in the grandstands.  I admit there is some envy here to see how much money this guy is making betting on his horses but it's almost comical to watch:

I.e.  Hawthorne in June--grandstands...Rucker watching the T.V's with Engel and his
whole group of cling-ons at his side.  Program folded up and sticking out of his back pocket.  This night they have 7 horses racing here at Hawthorne and 6 racing at the Meadowlands.  Granted, most of the horses racing this night are owned by Rucker/Engel but, if I'm an owner, I would sure want my trainer ($55++/day) to be in the PADDOCK
before the race and not firing away with the $200 exacta boxes and tri-wheels at the windows.   (I know other trainers bet, of course, but at least they stay with their horses and have other people do it for them!)

Can you think of any other professional sport where the players, managers, trainers are OPENLY  making wagers on their teams??  Watching Rucker in action with his bets at the window, his cell phone constantly going off with new updates and their laughing and swearing (swearing because they were making a killing that night--"What a fuc... incredible mile!", etc.--"I hit the superfecta 4 fuc.... times!" (actual quotes).

Hey, I admit, jealously crept in there but this type of behavior is what I believe is slowly
killing the sport from the public's point of view.  Sure--most people had no idea who the guy was but plenty of others did and this cannot help with the public's overall interest in the sport of harness racing.

No, there's not much that can be done about it--hey, maybe we could start with a
are professionals.

As an owner, I certainly would prefer my trainer to be in the paddock, and I would be more than  happy to place any bets he wanted to make, and in fact have done so many times. Of course, Rucker's horses have already gotten a lot of "help" from him before they get to the paddock, so you could probably put their tendon boots on upside down and it wouldn't matter Grin

However, I differ with you when you say "Can you think of any other professional sport where the players, managers, trainers are OPENLY  making wagers on their teams??"
There is no  professional sport other than horse (and dog) racing where wagering is officially sanctioned, and even encouraged. It is strictly taboo in all the others. As long as Rucker is betting on his own horses, and not against them, is doing nothing legally or ethically wrong. In fact I like trainers and drivers who bet on their own horses, because it means they're trying to win.
Dan Nance

« Reply #71 on: December 06, 2005, 01:25:15 PM »

are professionals.

First let me say " Good Morning " from Sunny Las Vegas. Heading for a high of 60 today and I just got done cutting my grass so now I have time to argue with you.

Trotter
             Your post was great!! One thing I don't understand.

Mr. Ran ALL the big gamblers out of Chicago because he hated to see horseman make " Big Scores ".  So, why does it not bother him to see Rucker run around the grandstand night after night with a program in his back pocket and bet his ass off and cash big tickets? The guy has recieved more positives then any other trainer racing and everyone knows he's always been a big gambler. This is what pissed off Langley about other "big gamblers" who were owners/ trainers/drivers but it doesn't seem to bother him about such things as you wrote about in your post above.
ZeeGirl

« Reply #72 on: December 06, 2005, 01:43:01 PM »

You think Langley is on his Christmas list???  My guess is a resounding YES 
off stride

« Reply #73 on: December 06, 2005, 02:24:38 PM »

DAN... WE HIRE PEOPLE TO MOW OUR GRASS... RUCKER MUST BE UNDER APPEAL... A GOOD HALF DOZEN OF HIS STEEDS ARE IN AT THE BIG M WEDS. NIGHT

Dan Nance

« Reply #74 on: December 06, 2005, 02:34:01 PM »

Well good for Rucker. I don't care if he gets 800 TRO's. The fact remains he's dirty not clean.

Yours Truly

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: