Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 30, 2014, 05:07:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Youbet adds 500k to Ill.thoroughbred purses  (Read 1180 times)
childewood

Ignore
« on: September 07, 2006, 09:52:20 PM »

Bal/May should look into going with Youbet. With Youbet contributing over a half mil to the purses for the runners, it can only help the trotters. Besides, Youbet reaches almost 3 times the states that TVG reaches. I think it's a no-brainer.      BALMORAL/MAYWOOD,  LET YOUBET CARRY YOUR SIGNAL>
Report to moderator   Logged
Armonsol

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2006, 09:55:56 PM »

Bal/May should look into going with Youbet. With Youbet contributing over a half mil to the purses for the runners, it can only help the trotters. Besides, Youbet reaches almost 3 times the states that TVG reaches. I think it's a no-brainer.      BALMORAL/MAYWOOD,  LET YOUBET CARRY YOUR SIGNAL>
They won't do it because:
youbet takes wagers from illinois and track mgmt. wants those bettors to go to the otbs they own or to the tracks. 
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2006, 10:12:42 PM »

They won't do it because:
youbet takes wagers from illinois and track mgmt. wants those bettors to go to the otbs they own or to the tracks. 

Can't they just prevent IL residents from wagering on May/Bal/Haw?

Best,
EW

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2006, 10:14:00 PM »

By the way, where did you see this?

I would estimate the YouBet contribution to harness purses at approximately $500 a night (if that), if it was to happen.  Just my estimate though.

Best,
EW

newyorker

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2006, 01:31:14 AM »

youbet could prevent illinois residents from betting on balm/may!! i live in buffalo,ny and i cant bet monticello,saratoga harness or finger lakes thru my youbet account!!
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2006, 01:38:35 AM »

youbet could prevent illinois residents from betting on balm/may!! i live in buffalo,ny and i cant bet monticello,saratoga harness or finger lakes thru my youbet account!!

Exactly.  That's what I was saying.

Best,
EW

Justafan

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2006, 01:50:35 AM »

What is the collective education of "Illinois track management"?  And of this collective education, how many degrees are from top 20 type schools?  Do they have any clue how to interpret numbers?  They are failing because they just don't have the intellect to compete for the entertainment/gambling dollar.  Most likely you have mid to upper 20's on the ACT trying to go head-to-head with mid 30's.  Doesn't Doc have an Ivy League degree?  He can't be that dumb, can he?  I've seen the Johnston guy at the downstate fairs and he looks a tick past handicapped, so I understand the problems there. 
childewood

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2006, 08:16:20 AM »

By the way, where did you see this?

I would estimate the YouBet contribution to harness purses at approximately $500 a night (if that), if it was to happen.  Just my estimate though.

Best,
EW
I believe it was in the first DRF article on the TVG/ARL subject by Marcus Hersh. I did try to post the link but a 2nd article was already written relacing the first.
childewood

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2006, 08:19:49 AM »

I believe it was in the first DRF article on the TVG/ARL subject by Marcus Hersh. I did try to post the link but a 2nd article was already written relacing the first.
Here's the link to the first article http://www.drf.com/news/article/78395.html
ComputerGeek

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2006, 08:32:28 AM »

Illinois Harness Management is like the Bill Wirtz (The owner of the Chicago Blackhawks, that doesn’t believe in telecasting local hockey games) of racing.  

Why try to promote your product???  Why not get it into homes that otherwise would NEVER see it?  IT’S LUDICROUS!!

I live 55 miles from Balmoral and I bet them once or twice a year.  I live some 800-900 miles from the NY and Toronto tracks and I bet them 3 times a week.  They’re decision of NOT putting it on YouBet has not forced me to bet on track.

These are changing times and we need to bring the product to the bettor, not force the bettor to GO TO the product.

As a side note, I noticed Xpressbet takes Balmoral.  But I can’t bet on it.  I just signed up, but I haven’t got an approval yet.  I’m curious why Xpressbet and not Youbet.  Is it just because of TVG?

edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2006, 12:16:19 PM »

I’m curious why Xpressbet and not Youbet.  Is it just because of TVG?

Possibly?

Does harness have an exclusivity contract signed with TVG?

Best,
EW

ComputerGeek

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2006, 12:59:03 PM »

Youbet does take other harness tracks.  I think it's the unintelligent decisions by Illinois Management.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: