Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 25, 2014, 03:47:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Juvenlile Filly quotes  (Read 1020 times)
jrstark
Administrator

« on: October 29, 2005, 11:39:24 PM »

Saturday, October 29, 2005                    Contact: Breeders’ Cup Notes Team (516) 328-6017

ALBERTO VO5 BREEDERS’ CUP JUVENILE FILLIES QUOTES

D. Wayne Lukas (trainer, Folklore, winner) “When you win one on this day, they become special ones and they get a special place in the barn. We’ve been blessed with some good ones and we’ve also been blessed with people that support us. Bob & Beverly Lewis have been so great to us. I’m very proud to hear that this was Edgar Prado’s first win. He’s a great rider. This is the first of what’s going to be a lot of wins for him but I’m just tickled to help him get his first. We’re not going to do anything rash with Folklore right now. We’ve got a leg up on the game at this point.”

Edgar Prado (jockey, Folklore, winner) “She broke running out of the gate very fast. She did it all by herself, very sharp. She took a little breather at the half-mile pole and I was very comfortable with everything. I’m very happy with the way she was doing it.

(on his first Breeders’ Cup win) “It means a lot. I give thanks to my family and friends in Maryland and New York. Thanks to them, I am what I am. It feels super. It took me a long time but I finally got it done.”

Alex Solis (jockey, Wild Fit, second) “I was comfortable with where we were (far back early). We wanted to get her to relax, and she seemed to get that way by coming away and set her own pace. When we came on the turn, I had a little bit of traffic trouble, and it slowed us down some. But she came running, and for a minute there, I thought I was going to catch the winner. She ran great and I’m very pleased with her effort.”

Jeff Mullins (trainer, Wild Fit, second) “She ran awesome. She got steadied a little at the five-sixteenth pole. If she hadn’t steadied, she might have got there. They were going fast on the lead. We probably would liked to have had her closer, but that’s horseracing.”

Jerry Bailey (jockey, Original Spin, third) “I was where I wanted to be, and she was taking me through the pack. I moved up on the winner. I thought she hung in there well to be third; It was a long fight for it. The winner had a lot of horse at all times.”

Tony Mitchell (trainer, Original Spin, third) “She ran her race. I’m delighted. It was pretty awesome. She dug in and really tried. To run third in a Grade 1, what’s wrong with that?”

Rafael Bejarano (jockey, Ex Caelis, fourth) “She ran really good. She was comfortable early on. When I asked her, she fired a little bit, but then she got tired. She really tried.

D. Wayne Lukas (trainer, Ex Caelis, fourth) “I was very pleased with the wonderful run she turned in on a track where it looks like it could be tough to be that far back. She’s going to get better.”

John Velazquez (jockey, Adieu, seventh) “I thought I was in the perfect position. I had the winner right in front of me. She just didn’t fire. It’s strange because going into the turn, she switched leads and that was it. She just decided not to run”

Todd Pletcher (trainer, Adieu, seventh) “Just didn’t fire. There is nothing exciting to report.”

* Trainer D. Wayne Lukas captured his fifth winner in the Juvenile Fillies and has 18 Breeders’ Cup victories. His other Juvenile Fillies winners were: Cash Run (1999), Flanders (1994), Open Mind (1988) & Twilight Ridge (1985).

* Jockey Edgar Prado won his first Breeders’ Cup in 41 starts.

Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: