Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 24, 2014, 08:04:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: interesting comment in Ap overnight?  (Read 3569 times)
zooropa34

Ignore
« on: August 30, 2006, 11:21:18 PM »

"The Racing Office is extremely grateful to the trainers that have participated
with us during the current meet. A special thanks to those who have been there
when the office called for that extra horse."

Was looking at the overnight for friday and was surprised to see this comment.  It certainly seems even more plausible now they were asking trainers to enter horses who might not be that fit.  It just seemed strange to me.
Keith
Report to moderator   Logged
BeauNarro

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.....

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2006, 07:26:47 AM »

Hey zoo,

yup your partly right, but not only horses that may not be completely fit, but the owners often suffer when their horses are put in a race way above their level of comfortability when trainers are "called for that extra horse".
I'm surprised that Arlington management would allow this to be put into print.
mel4600

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2006, 08:22:28 AM »

Hey zoo,

yup your partly right, but not only horses that may not be completely fit, but the owners often suffer when their horses are put in a race way above their level of comfortability when trainers are "called for that extra horse".
I'm surprised that Arlington management would allow this to be put into print.

I had a trainer admit to me that he put my horse in a race to help the racing office fill a race. Although I did not fire him I did pull the horse. When I pay him I want him to look out for my best interest.
Moon

My new motto: Remain Vertical!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2006, 08:31:58 AM »

I think I would actually fire the trainer on that. Supposedly, the trainer does that to get favors in the future, but what the odds that the favor will be for somebody else's horse??? Or the trainer's own horse?
NYRA 792

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2006, 09:17:38 AM »

You don't help out , you don't get stalls next year.
That's how it works.They can also do little things to make your stay a little more uncomfortable.
Now who was saying this was going on much earlier in the meet..... Wink
Jim C

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2006, 03:15:36 PM »

From what I have heard most of the time a horse is entered to make a race go, they will scratch anyway. Thus the many 5 horse fields we have come to see over the meet. I think there are just as many requests for the office to put up a race for a horse that is not in the book too. It is a 2 way street. As an owner you can always tell your trainer not to run in a race.
BeauNarro

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2006, 04:16:43 PM »

From what I have heard most of the time a horse is entered to make a race go, they will scratch anyway. Thus the many 5 horse fields we have come to see over the meet. I think there are just as many requests for the office to put up a race for a horse that is not in the book too. It is a 2 way street. As an owner you can always tell your trainer not to run in a race.

You're right on all points Jim C. However, IMO the racing office made a mistake by printing that "thank-you" on the overnights so anyone could run with it, as did here. With all the breakdowns this year at Arlington, if I was the track owner I certainly wouldn't want to see that paragraph on an overnight that ANYONE can get their hands on.
Jim C

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2006, 11:13:49 PM »

Oh I agree....I have always found that there is never any reason to volunteer information when not asked.....it can be taken the wrong way and open doors you don't want or need opened!
Moon

My new motto: Remain Vertical!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2006, 09:05:21 AM »

It seems like a lot of these horses have actually been running, though, at least recently.

It's kind of nice, because you can almost always eliminate them and somebody will bet on them for sure.

One horse on Saturday was 25/1 and a guy was asking me how to figure out how much he would pay to place.
CLOCKERbiggestal

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2006, 01:37:36 PM »

"The Racing Office is extremely grateful to the trainers that have participated
with us during the current meet. A special thanks to those who have been there
when the office called for that extra horse."

Was looking at the overnight for friday and was surprised to see this comment.  It certainly seems even more plausible now they were asking trainers to enter horses who might not be that fit.  It just seemed strange to me.
Keith

Okay. I won't use names but I swear this is 100% true.

They are running at a track out west and they need some horses for a stakes race. the trainer's got a decent hard trying hoss who is not quite stakes quality. the trainer gets a call from the racing office to enter the hoss in the stake. the racing secretary throws in the entry fee and becuase of the late entry, the hosses jock has another mount. Racing Secretary says "no problem" you can have JOckey X (JOckey X leads the track in wins). Hoss runs and wins (at boxcar numbers) by a 1/2 length. Just amazing. all hustled hosses aren't losers.

clocker biggestal

Kickers beat one-pacers almost every time.
madgirl

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2006, 07:14:56 PM »

Directed to Mel4600--- I don't know why you would put your trainer are a jockey under investigation for pulling your horse.  I think you are an absolute idiot.  If you don't think your trainer is putting the best interest in your horse so let him go. Don't put his are her license at risk.  I know who you are.  You say you pay your bills, but I know they are very slow coming are the checks are in the mail are the bank's makes n.s.f. mistakes.  If you are not happy with the day rate's in Illinois maybe, you should move all your horses with the $35.00 man.  I don't see are hear of any trainer's in Ill. fighting to get your horses.  so stop all the critics you do. just fed up with it.  One day i will meet up with you and tell you to your face what kind of jack a-- you are.
mel4600

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2006, 09:39:28 PM »

Directed to Mel4600--- I don't know why you would put your trainer are a jockey under investigation for pulling your horse.  I think you are an absolute idiot.  If you don't think your trainer is putting the best interest in your horse so let him go. Don't put his are her license at risk.  I know who you are.  You say you pay your bills, but I know they are very slow coming are the checks are in the mail are the bank's makes n.s.f. mistakes.  If you are not happy with the day rate's in Illinois maybe, you should move all your horses with the $35.00 man.  I don't see are hear of any trainer's in Ill. fighting to get your horses.  so stop all the critics you do. just fed up with it.  One day i will meet up with you and tell you to your face what kind of jack a-- you are.

Madgirl or mad cow whatever your name is,

You talk like a 50 cent crackbitch! Everyone knows who I am, who are you? We know your illiterate so please finish the 8th grade so we know what your talking about. Pulling horse? Investigation? By the way crackbitch, if you have something to say to me you can say it tomorrow at the track when I run my horse. Now go earn your money the old fashion way, on your back. Remember, your credit report speaks for itself.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2006, 09:43:17 PM by mel4600 » Report to moderator   Logged
John Frank

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2006, 10:20:14 PM »

Jim C. Your the most stupidist *** that posts. PAPA said do this. WHAT A Puppet. Here's you. Mommy and Daddy taught me to always be with whoever controls tracks in ILLINOIS horse racing. Daddy taught me to SUCK. I now still believe in what daddy taught me. After all,I have no mind of my own and DADDY taught and left it ALL TO ME. I LOVE Daddy for doing that.SIGNED jim C.
John Frank

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2006, 10:27:45 PM »

bY THE WAY jim C. tHAT NOTE BY YOU BEARS GREAT RESEMBLENCE TO THE ONE LEFT AT RAMSEY MURDER. Any FBI OR BOULDER COUNTY AUTHORITY'S READ THIS FORUM. You might have the SCOOP OF THE CENTURY WITH JIM C.
BeauNarro

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2006, 12:03:09 AM »

mel,

I think madcowgirl is John Franks wife. They sound very similar. GAWD I would be scared to see their kids..
SWAY BACK

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2006, 12:25:49 AM »

MADCOWGIRL TOOK ONE TO MANY HORSEKICKS TO THE HEAD. DONT SOUND LIKE A GIRL SOUNDS LIKE A DRUNK.
madgirl

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2006, 06:50:40 PM »

MEL4600:  TO LET YOU ALL KNOW I'M NOT A CRACKBITCH, I FINISH THE 4TH GRADE. I WAS AT THE TRACK TODAY IN THE PADDOCK FOR THE 4TH RACE SITTING ON THE BENCH WHERE WERE YOU.  I DON'T EARN MONEY ON MY BACK I'M A TRAINER AND KNOWS YOUR HISTORY.  I RAN 2ND TODAY WHERE DID YOU FINISH.  I'M NOT JOHN FRANKS WIFE SO JUST KEEP GUESSING BEAUNARRO.  AND SWAY BACK  I'M NOT A DRUNK BECAUSE I DON'T DRINK ARE TAKE CRACK, AND NEVER GOT KICK IN THE HEAD BY ANYONE. SO I DON'T KNOW WHY YOU ARE KNOCKING ME THAT WAY, ONLY BECAUSE THE TRUTH CAME OUT.   JUST KEEP LOOKING WILL BE AT THE RACES SUNDAY AND MONDAY TO. SO FINE ME MR. MEL.  BRING A CHECK TO PAY YOUR BILLS. 
mel4600

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2006, 07:54:03 PM »

Got news for you MADCOW you don't saddle a horse sitting on the bench. You are one dumb *** if your not on something. For your information, you say you ran 2nd? Guess what? I had one scratched and I ran one out of state and WON! You see, I still got one up on you!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2006, 08:41:53 PM by mel4600 » Report to moderator   Logged
SWAY BACK

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2006, 09:40:49 PM »

MADGIRL YOU CANT BE A TRAINER, WHO IN THE HELL WOULD PAY YOU FOR ANYTHING. YOU ARE ONE RADICAL CRAZZZY ***. ARE YOU MARRIED? IF SO TELL YOUR HUSBAND HE HAS MY CONDOLENCES.
Trackman

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2006, 10:26:14 PM »

interesting comment in Ap overnight?
« on: August 31, 2006, 12:21:18 AM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"The Racing Office is extremely grateful to the trainers that have participated with us during the current meet. A special thanks to those who have been there when the office called for that extra horse."

"Was looking at the overnight for friday and was surprised to see this comment.  It certainly seems even more plausible now they were asking trainers to enter horses who might not be that fit.  It just seemed strange to me."

I don't really see this as such a strange thing. I think it's just a way of building bridges for next year. I know a lot of you think that Kevin won't be back (I do think he will be back, who else is going to come into that thankless job?).

If a trainer enters a horse at the request of the racing secretary, as others have said, he/she will be rewarded in the future.

I don't believe that that there are a lot of trainers who will enter unfit or unrested horses. I DO believe that trainers will pull out of a larger field to run a bit over their horse's head when he AND the owner will get a check just by beating one horse.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2006, 10:36:07 PM by Trackman » Report to moderator   Logged
madgirl

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2006, 05:26:16 PM »

MR. MEL I DIDN'T HAVE A HORSE IN THE 4TH RACE YOU SAID YOU WOULD FIND ME SO I WAS THERE. GOOD GLAD TO HEAR YOU WON ONE. WISH EVERYONE GOOD LUCK IN THIS GAME.   
mel4600

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2006, 05:42:56 PM »

MR. MEL I DIDN'T HAVE A HORSE IN THE 4TH RACE YOU SAID YOU WOULD FIND ME SO I WAS THERE. GOOD GLAD TO HEAR YOU WON ONE. WISH EVERYONE GOOD LUCK IN THIS GAME.   

Let me ask you a question. Did you see me in the paddock? You know who I am and at the time I did not know who you were. Now I do. You are not a trainer, your husband is. At one time he worked for one of my trainers who told me who you are and why they parted ways with you. As a matter of fact 2 other people on this board emailed me with the same information. I know you have a full plate to deal with so I am not going to add to your problems. I have talked to you one time in my life at Hawthorne just before you were heading East to CT.
John Frank

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2006, 05:46:39 PM »

Why don't you both post your real names. It's tough trying to crack this ENIGMA CODE.
mel4600

« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2006, 06:11:18 PM »

Why don't you both post your real names. It's tough trying to crack this ENIGMA CODE.

I posted my real name for you 3 times!!
nmslim

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2006, 01:33:13 PM »

It is no secret that races are filled by unfit horses. Racing offices remember who helped them when it comes to getting stalls next time.
BDHPlayer

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2006, 06:09:30 PM »

It happens all the time.  When it does, the trainewr will give me a call and let me make the final decision.

Remember it happening once at Sportsman Park.  Had an Il Bed filly that I claimed for around $16k at the end of the Hawthorn meet.  Sent her down to the Fair Grounds for the winter and brought her back for Sportsman.  She was fit, so when they hustled her for a $32k claimer, I wan't happy with the idea.  Racing office said she would be competitive so we decided to run her.  She ended up winning the race.

So, sometimes it works.
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: