Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 16, 2014, 06:37:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Roth/Dane at BigM  (Read 3529 times)
burton

Ignore
« on: December 01, 2005, 04:20:32 PM »

Does this group read the condition sheet or do they throw a dart as to what races they put their stock in?
With the exception of NW-2 races where they don't have much of a choice as to where to place their stock, their horses have been terribly misclassed.
Even after a start or two, they still are outgunned from the start.
Are they just praying that someone will claim one of their horses at an inflated price?
Tomorrow night take a look at Franco Trubrooke, No Hassle ($560 won in last five starts), Leon's Gambit, White Star JO JO, Big Green Machine ($1,340 won in last 6 starts).
I almost feel sorry for Patrick Berry.

Then take a look at Rucker's entries on any night.
Rarely are they a throw out.
Rarely do they miss a check.
Positives or no positives, it takes more than drugs to win money racing.

Report to moderator   Logged
Armonsol

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2005, 04:24:42 PM »

Burton, I agree with you on this one.  As you mentioned, last night in the NW2 they won with Hopeful Ideal at 6-1, and they had no choice as to where to put that one.  I believe they are trying to hold on to their stock, unlike last year when they got raided. A barage of long shots with a wee chance of winning or even getting a check.
TC

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2005, 04:29:48 PM »

Does this group read the condition sheet or do they throw a dart as to what races they put their stock in?
With the exception of NW-2 races where they don't have much of a choice as to where to place their stock, their horses have been terribly misclassed.
Are they just praying that someone will claim one of their horses at an inflated price?
Tomorrow night take a look at Franco Trubrooke, No Hassle ($560 won in last five starts), Leon's Gambit, White Star JO JO, Big Green Machine ($1,340 won in last 6 starts).

How about Jazzbo Brown in a $50K claimer Sat, instead of a NW/3 ?  Scary stuff indeed.
njhorseman

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2005, 04:30:09 PM »

After last year's Big M meet, Dane even admitted that he had overclassified his horses because he was afraid of getting them claimed. I haven't paid much attention to the new meet, other than the Breeders Crown races, but if you're right, then he hasn't changed his ways.
burton

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2005, 04:37:14 PM »

After last year's Big M meet, Dane even admitted that he had overclassified his horses because he was afraid of getting them claimed. I haven't paid much attention to the new meet, other than the Breeders Crown races, but if you're right, then he hasn't changed his ways.

NJ,
I highly respect your opinion.
Isn't the business (mainly claiming) about turning your stock and replenishing and hopefully coming back stronger?
It doesn't seem like this barn has any confidence out there?
Why hang on to these horse and place them where they probably won't even get checks?
dt2

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2005, 04:40:49 PM »

BURTON

GOOD POINT!
njhorseman

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2005, 04:43:18 PM »

NJ,
Isn't the business (mainly claiming) about turning your stock and replenishing and hopefully coming back stronger?
Why hang on to these horse and place them where they probably won't even get checks?

Burton:
I agree. No one makes money around here by overclassifying their horses. "Put them in where they can win."
TC

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2005, 04:44:06 PM »

NJ,
burton, how can you be confident going to post when the barn is under double-nonsecret probation and has Pat Berry up in the 1st place ?  I'm glad all the fractional BTW stable guys come on here and tell us all how profitable they are, because given the cloud the barn is under, and their driver, and the obvious lack of solid pre-racing the stock is now denied access to, the barn PROBABLY won't make that same claim by next year's time.  JMO.  TC   P.S.  I like RD and wish him well.  Using Berry and being behind the 8-ball now is hamstringing him -er Kim.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2005, 04:46:44 PM by TC » Report to moderator   Logged
Dan Nance

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2005, 04:45:02 PM »

Who said Rick Dane was at the Big M? Isn't he suspended for a year? He said he was in Beecher watching races on Xpressbet. Now Tom Burton is saying he's at the Big M. training and entering horses.

Maybe Eggiewon can let us know if he's training on the sly out east or abiding by the rules. Either way it's none of your business Tom Burton where they enter their horses. Stick to betting on that SICK product in Chicago where half the goofs can't spell horse let alone know where to enter one.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2005, 04:46:44 PM by Dan Nance » Report to moderator   Logged
burton

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2005, 04:50:47 PM »

burton, how can you be confident going to post when the barn is under double-nonsecret probation and has Pat Berry up in the 1st place ?  I'm glad all the fractional BTW stable guys come on here and tell us all how profitable they are, because given the cloud the barn is under, and their driver, and the obvious lack of solid pre-racing the stock is now denied access to, the barn PROBABLY won't make that same claim by next year's time.  JMO.  TC   P.S.  I like RD and wish him well.  Using Berry and being behind the 8-ball now is hamstringing him -er Kim.

Then they should race elsewhere.
It's a losing proposition for the owners.
No way to star out a meet.
It just reinforces the difference between Roth/Dane and the top stables.
TC

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2005, 04:56:34 PM »

Then they should race elsewhere.
It's a losing proposition for the owners.
No way to star out a meet.
It just reinforces the difference between Roth/Dane and the top stables.
Don't think that this isn't all just a dress rehearsal for returning to the Meadows or somewhere of that ilk once slots come aboard.  The owners as you say, claim to be nicely in the black at this point, so they apparently are unaware of how that could change, given the course they are on.  TC
burton

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2005, 05:12:33 PM »

TC,
I didn't claim the owners were in the black.
My point is as a handicapper or horseman, their classification of stock makes no sense.
Dan Nance

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2005, 05:16:13 PM »

TC,
I didn't claim the owners were in the black.
My point is as a handicapper or horseman, their classification of stock makes no sense.

It's none of your business where they classify their horses. When you start paying the bills then worry about it Tom.
Zulu

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2005, 10:26:58 PM »

It's none of your business where they classify their horses. When you start paying the bills then worry about it Tom.

Excellent point!!
icare

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2005, 01:15:36 AM »

Who said Rick Dane was at the Big M? Isn't he suspended for a year? He said he was in Beecher watching races on Xpressbet. Now Tom Burton is saying he's at the Big M. training and entering horses.

Maybe Eggiewon can let us know if he's training on the sly out east or abiding by the rules. Either way it's none of your business Tom Burton where they enter their horses. Stick to betting on that SICK product in Chicago where half the goofs can't spell horse let alone know where to enter one.

Hey Dan who's house is dane at in beecher? He lives in crete, I was at the farm twice this week no rick no red head only hard working kim, POOR GIRL, she loves a dog.
Heede

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2005, 12:22:44 PM »

I talked to my man at the BTW stable.
They are lowering all  of there horses.
They need a purse check.  BILLS are piling up.
He wants to turn some stock over.

Heede
swoodall

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2005, 12:39:44 PM »

What I don't understand is why Rick doesn't take his horses back to the Meadows where they (him/Berry) were on fire?  Better to win races at smaller purses than none at all.  Maybe there is an outrider at the Meadows that might make racing there uncomfortable!

I think I remember Rick stating that last year at the Meadowlands his EPS was approx. $1700.  At that rate he can stay racing there but it leaves very little room for profit without gambling.  If Rick and Kim are both in Illinois,  then who is training their horses in NJ?  Is Rucker helping out with training or chemistry instruction?  Also they have 6 horses in tonight and Pat drives all but one.
burton

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2005, 12:52:37 PM »

I talked to my man at the BTW stable.
They are lowering all  of there horses.
They need a purse check.  BILLS are piling up.
He wants to turn some stock over.

Heede

It's gonna have to be lower than where they placed them this weekend.
VitoTheCapper
Beat your book

VitoTheCapper (#1 handicapper)

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2005, 01:01:03 PM »

DON'T THINK THAT THE OWNERS DONT KNOW WHERE TO CLASIFY THIER OWN HORSES.....REMEMBER WE PAY THE BILLS WE HOLD THE LEASH...........

I ONCE WON A $40,000 CLAIMER WITH A HORSE I CLAIMED FOR $27,000..NOW WHJAT DO I DO HE WON 4 RACES ALREADY HAD TO MUCH MONEY EARNED...JUST PUT A LIFETIME MARK ON......ONLY RACED ON A HALF(YONKERS)

PHUK LETS TRY THE MEADOWLANDS    I THOUGHT HE MIGHT GET CLAIMED IN $50,000  YEAH RIGHT..NO CHANCE WELL ANYWAYS RACING SECRETARY DROPS ME IN THE BOX FOR A 75,000-100,000 CLAIMING HANDICAPPE AFTER NOT GETING INTO THE 50,00 CLAIMER BOX.........

HORSE GETS LUCKY WINS PAYS ..$98.00 ..........IN GOT LUCK MADE DD WHEEL WITH HIM........DD PAID 1400.00  HORSE COMES BACK SORE....REAL SORE...

WE HIDE HIM OUT FOR 2 WEEKS GET HIM TO THE TRACK ON HIS KNEES...IN 50,000 CLAIMERS......

HE GETS CLAIMED......

HORSE NEVER LEFT NEW BOLTON CENTER.

WE WIN FIVE RACES SCORE OUT ON A PRICE MAKE 60,000 IN PURSE MONEY ON A 27,000 CLAIMER.......
ALL BECAUSE I CHOSE TO KEEP HIM IN "OVER HIS HEAD"

I HATED A HORSE SO MUCH ..HE WAS JUST A COMMON *** COULDNT LEAVE THE GATE  FOR CHIT....ALWAYS BE COMMING LIKE A FREIGHT TRAIN..................BUT NOT MY KIND OF HORSE...

I GAVE HIM TO SOME ONE TO DRIVE IN NON PARIMUTUAL AMATEUR DRIVING EVENTS...

SAME CHIT COULDNT WIN..........BUT HE WOULD FINISH IN THE MONEY EVERY TIME.......I WASNT IN IFOR PURSE MONEY WHEERE HE WAS RACING..........SEE YA LATER GOOD LUCK...........

VitoTheCapper
#1 Handicapper
Put your money up!!
burton

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2005, 02:01:59 PM »

How about Jazzbo Brown in a $50K claimer Sat, instead of a NW/3 ?  Scary stuff indeed.

A 3 year old in against all 4 yr. olds.
Do they think they can win?
Do they think someone will pluck this horse for $75,000?
Do they think???
njhorseman

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2005, 02:16:58 PM »

A 3 year old in against all 4 yr. olds.
Do they think they can win?
Do they think someone will pluck this horse for $75,000?
Do they think???

I think the 1 horse in that race has a great name.  Grin
burton

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2005, 02:26:31 PM »

I think the 1 horse in that race has a great name. Grin

That's one that got by the censors.
Armonsol

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2005, 08:04:31 PM »

How about Woody Woodrow in the 6th $35000 trot tonight at the big M?  10-1 morning, I think more like 35-1.
burton

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2005, 08:06:16 PM »

How about Woody Woodrow in the 6th $35000 trot tonight at the big M? 10-1 morning, I think more like 35-1.

The rabbit at the start.

A steinway on his back in the stretch.
burton

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2005, 12:05:02 PM »

Just want to get some harness racing topics back on top of the list.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: