Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 20, 2014, 08:26:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ehrlich unprofessional  (Read 3571 times)
JERKY

Ignore
« on: August 18, 2006, 11:19:37 PM »

His antics during and after race 9 tonite with Az Mutanto  are just out of hand.  We can read a form....we know that you own the horse....would you catch any other announcers at any other track acting like that if they owned a horse that won a 3 claimer with a  2 K purse.  i didn't bet a dime on the race and i was shaking my head as the horses crossed the wire........
Report to moderator   Logged
FreeLegged

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2006, 11:44:38 PM »

His antics during and after race 9 tonite with Az Mutanto  are just out of hand.  We can read a form....we know that you own the horse....would you catch any other announcers at any other track acting like that if they owned a horse that won a 3 claimer with a  2 K purse.  i didn't bet a dime on the race and i was shaking my head as the horses crossed the wire........

could you share with those of us who are less informed what exactly happened?

thx.

as Dan would say.....

NOW WE'RE TALKING HARNESS RACING   Grin
BalCalFan

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2006, 11:47:51 PM »

Mr Erlich has always been nice to me and my wife. I really don't understand why a majority of people at the track dislike him. I heard he may get caught up in this investigation but hopefully he is not involved in all the nonsense.
JERKY

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2006, 11:49:50 PM »

oh just your basic cheerleading from the booth....nothing out of the ordinary for calexpo.  If he wants to do that.....its fine....but to me it just makes him look unprofessional...thats all.
BOBBY ORR

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2006, 11:50:31 PM »

And what was he doing yelling in the 4th race about whipping and slashing ?  The only thing he should have been announcing is Luke moving over on the 1-1 shot Jovial Joker N and letting none other then his dad up the rail to win with Love Shark.

Another classic joke race.

Bobby
newyorker

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2006, 01:33:56 AM »

i also seen the race and it was a bit unprofessional!! it made me wonder what would happen if he had a horse win something other then a 3 claimer he would probably need the medics to respond to the booth!!
TC

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2006, 10:13:18 AM »

What all of these fine replies and their posters need to understand is that Dehrlich suffers greatly from OCD.  Dehrlich can't help but make a fool of himself, fawning over his supposed personal friends and associates in (monkey) business.  His contract here was non-renewed for this and several other reasons, and he still scratches the beaver pelt atop his chrome-dome every night wondering how he went from a major market and his longtime, lifetime home to the Devil's Island of harness racing.  If I had to guess, the next criminal investigation leading to subpoenas being handed out like missing cat fliers will be in CA's harness racing circles.  Lucky for most horseplayers east of the Mississippi that Cal Expo isn't offered as a wagering option to stymie and alienate even more horseplayers nationwide. 

There's a taint on the legitimacy of the effort of some horsemen out there, and at least the not-so-silent minority of those have joined the growing legion of fed up fan and put their grievances on this # 1 forum in all harness racing.  Bravo and let freedom reign !   flag   trotter  TC
harness24/7

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2006, 10:24:58 AM »

Chicago needs Ehrlich back and in a big way....The moron they have now should be sent back to indiana with a muzzle so we cant hear his whinning voice trying to call a race..At least ehrlich had a style that got you interested in the race...Now i find myself just sitting and not really into the races anymore..Somebody needs to eat crow and give the best harness announcer in the business a call..........bring back the man..........
silent one

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2006, 10:27:13 AM »

Yes, Scott Ehrlich did get people more interested, by turning off their televisions!!!
Lusty Tar Heel

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2006, 10:28:41 AM »

Great Post TC
Every word is true....His ego,(and why would he even have one?) is larger then his rug on top of his head
Thank God hes not here anymore...
CalFixpo can keep him and his polyester sansabelt slacks
TC

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2006, 10:30:51 AM »

Great Post TC
Every word is true....His ego,(and why would he even have one?) is larger then his rug on top of his head
Thank God hes not here anymore...
CalFixpo can keep him and his polyester sansabelt slacks
...and free golf shirts he gets.  When was the last time he went into his pocket for togs, 1977 ?  LOL  Those Sansablt slacks are a timeless classic I guess.   geezer   rat   trotter  TC
harness24/7

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2006, 10:36:51 AM »

Jealousy gets you nowhere folks...
TC

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2006, 10:39:21 AM »

Jealousy gets you nowhere folks...
...and misnamed emotions gets you a date with Baldie the Wonder Goof - LOL.   geezer   geezer   rat   rat   thumbs down   thumbs down   LOL   trotter  TC

DON'T FORGET TO BUCKLE UP AND DRIVE SAFELY !
harness24/7

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2006, 10:50:37 AM »

And a quote by the man himself....buckle up and drive safely.......do you have more of his famous announcments....
tonymfan

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2006, 10:52:05 AM »

I heard he may get caught up in this investigation but hopefully he is not involved in all the nonsense.

I heard you made that up.
sleepless

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2006, 10:55:17 AM »

And a quote by the man himself....buckle up and drive safely.......do you have more of his famous announcments....
What about his 10 minute weather reports   I YI YI YI YI
harness24/7

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2006, 10:58:40 AM »

Classics...nothing but classics
TC

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2006, 11:00:10 AM »

Classics...nothing but classics
Classless...nothing but classless.  Is that what you meant when describing Dehrlich ?   trotter  TC
off stride

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2006, 11:03:00 AM »

just in case you forgot
TC

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2006, 11:15:19 AM »

just in case you forgot
Notice the beaver pelt atop the scaly pate, the Sansabelts from 1977, and the free golf shirt.  Notice how the Big M is on in the background ?  It explains why he was always talking down to the fans - he wasn't paying attention to the live product and probably forgot that he had reminded us of "...the object of the Pick 3" or " ...#s 1 and 1-A are coupled" EVERY FREAKIN' millisecond !  Goof doesn't even scratch his oily surface - and that's only criticizing his announcing.  Oye vay !   trotter  TC

KING EPO

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2006, 12:50:49 PM »

This jack ass was in michigan for a while. We were all very happy whne he left. i thought it was a miracle he ever found another job. let alone at a major track.
Is he related to anyone that owns these tracks??
Grinder

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2006, 01:08:28 PM »

I too heard that race call, as AZ Mutanto forged to the front, right at the wire.  It was an exciting race, but come on!!  Scott needs to remember that about 90% of those fans he is announcing to did NOT have his prized 11-1 shot on top, and just lost money.  No need to rub it in.  In fact, no need to rub it in, or embellish your SELF EVER, is there?

And while we're on the subject, will someone tell the cameraman to keep the camera on Jessica Hensley for the same amount of time he kept Lisa Erlich and the two kids on the screen after that race??   

Thank you

The more you bet...the more you win
LVd

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2006, 01:36:16 PM »

Whata 12 slice toasterhead.
KIDDING ME

« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2006, 02:04:58 PM »

the sansabelts have been replaced by and upgraded to dockers, with his belt hovering to the lower part of the belt loops. the polo shirts are mostly feminine colors with approximately 75% of their original color faded, and when he is on tv he looks 40 pounds heavier and is an exact duplicate of mike eruzione

as for the race calls, its obvious who he has bet on (zoooooming by, caroooooosing, mojo workin') and as for when his horses race, wow what a bunch of petty favoritism

not a good look when the family trudges to the circle either

jerky was right, less than professional
theallbutton

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2006, 04:02:30 AM »

there they go off and pacing
calling a horse's name in the race that raced the night before
no problem up to this point, but he may have a problem now
mano y mano
he caught a tiger by the tail
here's the wire, here's the winner