Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

August 03, 2015, 03:47:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UPI Horse Racing Roundup  (Read 53 times)
jrstark
Administrator

« on: August 02, 2015, 11:04:40 PM »

American Pharoah coasted to victory in the Haskell, Beholder won but Stopchargingmaria upset Untapable as the Distaff division headed toward a showdown at Keeneland and the sprint division heated way up -- all in weekend racing action.

The weekend "feel good" news: Rachel Alexandra's first foal to race, Rachel's Valentina, won at first asking Sunday at Saratoga and could make it to the Grade I Spinaway at the end of the Spa meeting.

The weekend oddity: The top four finishers in Saturday's feature at Santa Rosa all had names starting with the word "Miss" -- a can't "miss" superfecta that paid $540.40. Another: Stopchargingmaria's Saratoga victory came just hours after Amazing Maria found Group 1 glory in France.

Note that Saturday was the second annual Permanently Disabled Jockey Fund "Day Across America". See "news and notes" below and please consider helping if you can.

Meanwhile, consider:

Classic

U.S. Triple Crown winner American Pharoah was the easiest of winners in Saturday's $1.75 million William Hill Haskell Invitational at Monmouth Park. Victor Espinoza parked the Pioneerof the Nile colt just behind pacesetter Competitive Edge all the way down the backstretch. But when the pair hit the turn and Espinoza turned him loose, American Pharoah quickly spurted out to a gigantic lead as the record Jersey Shore crowd roared its approval. The champ was geared way down in the final sixteenth, but still won by 2 1/2 lengths over Keen Ice, who closed sharply late, just as he did in finishing third in the Belmont Stakes. That margin and American Pharoah's final time of 1:47.95 were irrelevant as it was obvious Espinoza was saving the champ for his remaining races. Neither trainer Bob Baffert nor owner Ahmed Zayed was offering any clues what those races might be, with the possibilities including the Travers at Saratoga, the rich Pennsylvania Derby and even the Jockey Club Gold Cup, should his connections really want to test his mettle before the Breeders' Cup Classic. "What I saw was amazing," Baffert said after the Haskell. "I watched like a fan today. I'm looking at this horse like, where did he come from? I've had some really nice horses, but this horse, what he does is just incredible. He makes me emotional because he's a gift from God." "It was pretty easy," Espinoza added. "For me, the key was just coming out of there running. I didn't want to get into any bumping out of the gate. I just wanted to let him run his race."

Saturday's $600,000, Grade II Jim Dandy at Saratoga was scratched down to just four starters and, of those, Texas Red proved best. Last year's Breeders' Cup Juvenile winner bided his time in second, well off pacesetting Japan, then got by that one in the lane and held on to win by 1/2 length from a late-running Frosted, who lost a shoe early in the fray. Frammento ran last from start to finish. Texas Red, an Afleet Alex colt, got 9 furlongs on a fast track in 1:48.77 with Kent Desormeaux up for his trainer brother, Keith. Texas Red finished second in his first two starts of 2015 -- the Grade II San Vicente at Santa Anita and the Grade III Dwyer at Belmont. Frosted had not run since finishing second to American Pharoah in the Belmont Stakes. Trainer Kiaran McLaughlin said Frosted is headed to the Travers. Keith Desormeaux said he's not so sure he wants to see Texas Red there. "No. I'd rather be the big fish in a little pond," he said. "We'll save that for the Breeders' Cup Classic."

Madefromlucky made his move from a stalking position in the stretch run of Saturday's $750,000, Grade II West Virginia Derby and outfinished Souper Colossal, winning by 1 1/2 lengths from that rival. War Story rallied from last of nine to take show money, 1/2 length farther back. Madefromlucky, a Lookin At Lucky colt, ran 9 furlongs on a fast track in 1:51.40 with Joe Bravo in the irons for trainer Todd Pletcher. The colt finished fourth in the Grade I Arkansas Derby this spring, behind American Pharoah, then bypassed the Run for the Roses to, instead, win the Grade II Peter Pan at Belmont Park a week later. In his only intervening start, he finished a well-beaten sixth in the Belmont Stakes, again behind American Pharoah.

Looks to Spare rolled in from Arlington Park and scored a 75-1 upset win in Saturday's $200,000 West Virginia Governor's Stakes at Mountaineer. The 5-year-old, Illinois-bred Pollard's Vision gelding raced in mid-pack, made a bid at the 3/16 pole and kicked away to win by 2 1/2 lengths over Page McKenney. Majestic Harbor finished third and the favorite, Carve, faded from the front to get home sixth. East Hall was fourth, Albano fifth and Commanding Curve got home seventh. With Deshawn Parker in the irons, Looks to Spare ran 1 1/16 miles on a fast track in 1:44.55. The Otabek Umarov trainee exited a last-place finish in the Grade III Arlington Handicap on the turf and picked up his first stakes win.

Bradester led from gate to wire in Sunday's $200,000, Grade II Monmouth Cup, winning by 2 3/4 lengths from Valid. Freestyler was third and Protonico was a late scratch. Bradester, a 5-year-old son of Lion Heart, ran 1 1/16 miles on a fast track in 1:42.43 with Corey Lanerie up.

Florida Won outfinished Pender Harbour to win Sunday's $150,000 (Canadian), Grade III Seagram Cup at Woodbine by 1/2 length. Asserting Bear asserted himself early on the lead and faded to finish third. Florida Won, a 4-year-old son of Birdstone, ran 1 1/16 miles on the all-weather track in 1:43.33 with Patrick Husbands up.

On Saturday, the New York Racing Association announced it will hike the purse for the Aug. 29 Travers Stakes, the "Midsummer Derby", from $1.25 million to $1.6 million -- provided American Pharoah runs in the Saratoga setpiece. The Travers is one of six Grade I races at the Spa on that day.

Distaff

Beholder was something to behold in Saturdays $300,000, Grade I Clement Hirsch at Del Mar. After waiting for Gary Stevens to give her the cue, the 5-year-old Henny Hughes mare went to the lead between the leaders heading for home and kicked away to a 7-lengths victory. Yahilwa beat the other six with Warren's Veneda third. Beholder ran 1 1/16 miles on a fast track in 1:43.81. "This isn't work, I'll tell you," Stevens said. "This is fun." Beholder now has won eight straight races, a skein broken only by a fourth-place finish in the Grade I Ogden Phipps at Belmont Park in July of last year. She missed last year's Breeders' Cup with a minor injury. Trainer Richard Mandella said Saturday's performance was so dominant that he will consider running Beholder against males in the $1 million, Grade I Pacific Classic on Aug. 22. " It has been in the back of my mind a while," Mandella said. "The timing is good. We're far enough away from the Breeders' Cup to do it. The question will be that it's three weeks and will she look good enough to do that."

Beholder won the 2013 Breeders' Cup Distaff and missed last year's edition with a minor injury, clearing the way for Untapable to score in that renewal. But Untapable on Sunday lost a stretch battle with rival division star Stopchargingmaria. The latter overcame a wide trip in the $200,000 Grade III Shuvee Handicap at Saratoga to win by 1 length, edging clear of Untapable at the end. Tiz Windy was well back in third. Stopchargingmaria, owned by Town and Country Farms and trained by Todd Pletcher, ran 9 furlongs on a fast track in 1:49.37. "The most important thing about my position is that I was outside," said winning rider Javier Castellano. "I was able to choose where I wanted to be and it worked out great today. Good post, good setup, and turning for home, the filly was much the best." Stopchargingmaria won twice at the Spa last season as a 3-year-old -- the Grade I Coaching Club American Oaks and the Grade I Alabama. She won the Grade III Alaire DuPont at Pimlico before heading for this year's resort meeting. "You can see in Stopchargingmaria's personality that she loves it here at Saratoga," Pletcher said.

Got Lucky ranged up three-wide to take the lead in Sunday's $100,000 Lady's Secret Stakes at Monmouth Park and drew off to a 4 1/2-lengths victory over Power of Snunner. Montana Native was third. Got Lucky, a 4-year-old A.P. Indy filly, ran 1 mile and 70 yards on a fast track in 1:40.16 under Paco Lopez, picking up her second win in a row following the Grade III Molly Pitcher a month ago over the same track.

Sprint

Defending Breeders' Cup winner Work All Week returned to the winner's Circle after Saturday's $100,000 Senator Robert C. Byrd Memorial at Mountaineer. The 6-year-old, Illinois-bred gelding by City Zip showed the way and said goodbye to seven rivals in the late going, winning by 8 lengths. Jasizzle was second, 1 length to the good of Bump Start. With Florent Geroux in the irons, Work All Week covered 6 furlongs in 1:09.71. He had finished second in each of two previous starts this season -- the Grade II Aristides at Churchill Downs and the Grade II Smile Sprint Stakes at Gulfstream Park.

Rock Fall is quickly shaping up as another good one for Stonestreet Stables and trainer Todd Pletcher. The Speightstown 4-year-old rallied from off the pace to take Saturday's $350,000, Grade I Alfred G. Vanderbilt Handicap at Saratoga by a nose over The Big Beast. The early leader, Favorite Tale, held on for third and Salutos Amigos ran evenly to finish fourth. Rock Fall, with Javier Castellano up, ran 6 furlongs on a fast track in 1:08.75. He now has won six straight races since a maiden loss last year, moving up the ranks through the Grade II True North in his previous start. "He finished powerfully and we were fortunate to be on the right side of a very close head-bob," Pletcher said. "It's tough to win a photo against a horse as big as The Big Beast. If you're head-and-head, he's got a head on you. We got a fortunate bob and it was a great horse race."

Out west, Gimme Da Lute had a field of fellow California-bred 3-year-olds totally at his mercy in Sunday's $200,000 Real Good Deal Stakes at Del Mar. With Martin Garcia riding, the Midnight Lute colt gave trainer Bob Baffert a nice 1-2 punch of sprint and classic victories. After tracking the pace, much as American Phaorah did at Monmouth Park, Gimme Da Lute exploded to the lead in the stretch and won off by 12 1/4 lengths in a hand ride. He finished 7 furlongs on a fast track in 1:22.23 without being asked. Rocko's Wheel and Grazen Sky filled out the trifecta slots. It was his third straight win, following the Grade III Affirmed Stakes in June and the Grade II Los Alamitos Derby last month. In the latter, he went 9 furlongs and held on to win by a nose and Garcia said he tried to pull himself up after making the lead. "I didn't want that to happen today, so I stayed after him," the rider said. Baffert assistant Mike Marlow said, "I didnít have any instructions for Martin. Martin works him, and he knows the horse. We just tell him, 'Go win the race.'"

Holy Boss tracked a quick pace in Saturday's $200,000, Grade II Amsterdam for 3-year-olds at Saratoga, dueled briefly in the stretch with Requite and then kicked clear to win by 2 1/4 lengths over that one. Barbados was a non-threatening third as the favorite. Holy Boss, a Street Boss colt out of the Holy Bull mare Holy Grace, completed 6 1/2 furlongs on a fast track in 1:15.38 with Ricardo Santana Jr. in the irons. "The draw was very good to him," said winning trainer Steve Asmussen. "He's shown a lot of talent before. I love him winning a race on this stage." Asmussen said he is pointing Holy Boss for the $500,000, Grade I King's Bishop on Travers Day.

Wildcat Red, who has run at just about every distance offered, found 6 furlongs very much to his liking in Saturday's $100,000 Teddy Drone Stakes at Monmouth Park. After lying the weeds behind the speed, the 4-year-old D'Wildcat colt surged between pacesetting Delta Bluesman and late-running Stallwalkin Dude and put a head in front at the wire. Stallwalkin Dude nipped Delta Bluesman for place money. Wildcat Red, with Paco Lopez up, finished in 1:09.01. The colt finished second behind Constitution in last year's Florida Derby but not much has gone right for him since. The Teddy Drone was his first win since June 26, 2014 -- a stretch during which he has tried distances from 6 furlongs to 1 1/8 miles.

Filly & Mare Sprint

Room For Me found room for herself three-wide entering the stretch in Saturday's $75,000 Regret Stakes at Monmouth Park and drew off briskly to a 5 3/4-lengths victory. Aireofdistinction was second with Legal Laura fading from the lead to finish third. Room For Me, a 5-year-old daughter of Harlington, got 6 furlongs on a fast track in 1:09.38 with Daniel Centeno in the irons.

Turf

Red Rifle emerged from well back in the pack in Saturday's $250,000, Grade II Bowling Green Handicap at Belmont Park and took charge in the lane, winning off by 2 1/2 lengths over War Dancer. Imagining was third. The favorite, Belmont Gold Cup winner Innovation Economy, broke down and was euthanized, Equibase reported. Red Rifle, a 5-year-old Giant's Causeway gelding, won the Grade III Dominion Day Handicap on the all-weather course at Woodbine in his previous outing, following a ninth-place finish in the Belmont Gold Cup. He finished Saturday's 1 3/8 miles in 2:11.69. " "Beautiful trip. Perfect trip," said winning rider Javier Castellano.  "I was able to take advantage all the way inside on the rail. In a long distance, on the grass, the most important thing is to save all the ground, and that's exactly what I did. He did it very professionally today, and I'm very satisfied with the way he did it." Trainer Todd Pletcher added, "He's now won big races on three different surfaces. He's just a throwback kind of horse. He's hardy. He's tough." Red Rifle won the Grade II Hawthorne Gold Cup on the dirt last fall. "All options are on the table," Pletcher added.

Heart to Heart led from the start in Sunday's $150,000, Grade III Oceanport Stakes at Monmouth Park and was in front by 1 1/2 lengths at the end. Hothersal was second, 2 1/4 lengths better than Cage Fighter. Heart to Heart, a 4-year-old English Channel colt, ran 1 1/16 miles on firm turf in 1:40.79 under Victor Espinoza. Usually a dependable sort, Heart to Heart was bouncing back from a poor showing in the Grade III Poker Stakesat Belmont in June.

Filly & Mare Turf

Casual Smile continued her sharp recent improvement for trainer Chad Brown as the British-bred and British-raced filly came from next-last of eight to win Sunday's $150,000 WinStar Matchmaker Stakes for fillies and mares at Monmouth Park by 1 1/4 lengths over I'm Already Sexy. Test Rossi finished third and Cushion was fourth. Casual Smile, a 4-year-old daughter of Sea the Stars, ran 9 furlongs on firm turf in 1:47.12 with Abel Castellano Jr. in the irons. She was sent to America still a maiden after a nice run in last year's Glorious Goodwood Maiden Stakes. It took four tries this year to find the winner's circle but she subsequently stepped right up to win an allowance event at Monmouth last month.
Report to moderator   Logged
jrstark
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2015, 11:07:18 PM »

Juvenile

Bullet Gone Astray flew straight down the straight in Saturday's $100,000 Mountaineer Juvenile and went on to win by 9 lengths. Save the Drama was best of the rest, 1 1/4 lengths ahead of Derby Express. Bullet Gone Astray, a Florida-bred Gone Astray colt, ran 6 furlongs on a fast track in 1:12.97 with Luca Panici handling the reins. He won at first asking at Gulfstream Park in June and remains undefeated.

Juvenile Fillies

Trainer Todd Pletcher was worried that 6 furlongs might be too short for Rachel's Valentina, the first foal to race from champion Rachel Alexandra. Indeed, the Bernardini filly was slow away from the gate in Saturday's second race at Saratoga. But with John Velazquez providing instructions, Rachel's Valentina overcame a wide trip, won a stretch battle and went on to win by 2 lengths over Awesome Dame. She finished 6 furlongs in 1:10.39. "I love the way she finished," Pletcher said. "She galloped out extremely professional. Before and after the race, it was everything you can hope for in a debut." Asked about the Sept. 5 Spinaway, Pletcher said, "I think there's time. I think she's a filly that wants to stretch out and run two turns and has a big future. So we won't rush anything." Rachel Alexandra's first foal, Jess's Dream, is in training at the Spa but has yet to make his first start.

Sombree tracked the early pace in Saturday's $100,000 Mountaineer Juvenile Fillies, circled the leaders en route home and edged clear to win by 2 1/2 lengths. Cheyann's Hope was second, 3/4 length in front of Cosmic Evolution. The favorite, Paddy's Flight, never recovered from an awkward start and finished last of 12. Sombree, a daughter of the young sire Eskendereya, got 6 furlongs in 1:13.23 with Edgar Prado riding. It was her second straight win following a maiden event at Indiana Grand.

Over the waters:

England

Legatissimo, second in her two previous starts including the Oaks, rebounded emphatically with a 2 1/4-lengths victory in Saturday's Group 1 Qatar Nassau Stakes at Goodwood. With Wayne Lordan up, the Danehill Dancer filly hit the front with a bit more than a furlong to run and quickly put the issue to rest. Wedding Vow and Arabian Queen gave chase late but finished second and third. The disappointment of the heat was Diamondsandrubies, the Group 1 Pretty Polly Stakes winner in her last outing, who trailed the field Saturday. Legatissimo, trained by David Wachman, got 1 1/4 miles on good to firm footing in 2:06.04. "She is very good and she showed her true worth today, which we always thought she had," said winning owner Michael Tabor, who also has Wedding Vow. "I think she has been a bit unlucky this year." Wachman said there are many options for the filly now, including the potential of running against males later in the year.

Muthmir bounced back from a poor effort in the Darley July Cup at Newmarket to win Friday's Group 2 King George Stakes at Goodwood by a head over Take Cover. Move In Time didn't quite and settled for third with a late bid. With Paul Hanagan up, the winner got 5 furlongs on good to firm turf in a snappy 56.08 seconds. Before the misfire at Newmarket, Muthmir, a 5-year-old Invincible Spirit gelding, was a good third in the Group 1 King's Stand at Royal Ascot and victorious in a Group 2 event at Chantilly. "It's been a little frustrating with him this season and I was gutted after the King's Stand Stakes [at Royal Ascot, in which he was third] because I thought that was his race this year," said winning trainer William Haggas. "He didn't do well in the July Cup but sprint races can be messy and that was a messy race for him." Haggis said he's eyeing the Nunthorpe Stakes at York.

Tashaar, a late-blooming son of Sea the Stars, won Friday's 11-furlong Betfred Mobile Handicap by 1 1/2 lenghs, geared down at the end by Frankie Dettori, and looks to be a promise for trainer Richard Hannon. "He has always been a lovely horse but a work in progress," the trainer said of the colt who gave sponsoring Al Shaqab its third winner on the penultimate day of Glorious Goodwood. "We have given him the time and are being rewarded for it now."

France

Amazing Maria came running in the final 100 yards of Sunday's Group 1 Prix Rothschild for fillies and mares at Deauville and went right on to win by 1 1/4 lengths over the favorite, Ervedya. Bawina finished third. Amazing Maria, a 4-year-old daughter of Mastercraftsman, scored her third straight win, following victories in the Group 2 Duke of Cambridge at Royal Ascot and the Group 1 Falmouth Stakes at Newmarket. Ervedya saw a three-race winning skein snapped.

Germany

Turfdonna tracked the leader into the final furlongs in Sunday's Group 1 157th Henkel-Preis Diana at Dusseldorf and went by to win by 3/4 length over Nightflower. Amona was third and the favorite, Lovelyn, strolled home ninth under Goodwood champ Frankie Dettori. Turfdonna, a daughter of Doyen, entered the fray a maiden. Trainer Andreas Wohler said the 11 furlongs of Sunday's event is about Turfdonna's limit so 1 1/4 miles likely will be the top of her target list.

Other action:

Woodbine

Bear's Pride settled near the back of the pack in Saturday's $125,000 (Canadian) Victoriana Stakes for Ontario-sired distaffers, then had to overcome some traffic issues before getting clear to win by a neck over pacesetting favorite Silent Treat. Sweater Weather rallied from even farther back from the quick early pace to get show money. Bear's Pride, a 4-year-old Kentucky Bear filly, ran 1 1/16 miles on firm turf in 1:40.22 with Patrick Husbands aboard. "By the time I reached the bottom of the lane, all of them were coming back to me and I just had to weave my way through and get the job done," said Husbands.

Mountaineer

Officer Griffin overcame the outside post position in a field of 11 to win Saturday's $100,000 West Virginia Legislature Chairman's Cup by 1 1/4 length over Mongolian Saturday. Just Fuhr Real was third at a big price. Officer Griffin, a 5-year-old Officer gelding, ran 4 1/2 furlongs on a fast track in 51.12 seconds with Corey Lanerie up.

Keep Crossing stalked the pace in Saturday's $100,000 West Virginia Secretary of State Stakes for fillies and mares and was along to win by 1 length over Brown Eyed Mary. The early leader, Lucky Mary G., settled for third. Keep Crossing, a 4-year-old Istan filly, ran 6 furlongs in 1:11.87 under Kerwin Clark.

Market Magic battled for the lead in Saturday's $100,000 West Virginia Senate President's Cup for fillies and mares, put away his early rival and went on to win by 1/2 length from Annulment. Street of Gold finished third and the pacesetting favorite, Kiss Moon, tired to finish fifth. Market Magic, a 4-year-old After Market filly, ran 1 mile and 70 yards on firm turf in 1:37.89 with Miguel Mena in the irons.

Aztec Brave shadowed the pace in Saturday's $100,000 West Virginia House of Delegates Speaker's Cup, shot out to a big lead in the stretch and held on to win by 1 length over Rose Briar. Knights Nation finished third. Aztec Brave, a 4-year-old, French-bred gelding by Pyrus, got 1 mile and 70 yards on firm turf in 1:38.22 for jockey Corey Lanerie.

Saratoga

Thieves Guild got first run to the lead in Sunday's $100,000 Caress Stakes for fillies and mares and had no problem outfinishing the favorite, Free as a Bird, winning by 1 1/4 lengths. Old Harbor finished third. Thieves Guild, a 4-year-old Medaglia d'Oro filly, stole away to a 1:00.82 time for 5 1/2 furlongs on firm turf, just shy of the course record. Jose Lezcano had the mount.

Smart Transition rallied four-wide into the lane in Friday's $100,000 Curlin Stakes for 3-year-olds and drew off smartly to win by 4 3/4 lengths. Tekton, running here instead of Saturday's Grade II Jim Dandy, was second with King of New York third. The favorite, Stanford, opting for this instead of Saturday's Grade II West Virginia Derby, faded from the lead to finish next-last of six. Smart Transition, a Smart Strike colt, ran 9 furlongs on a fast track in 1:50.40.

Finger Lakes

Atlantic's Smile led all the way in Friday's $50,000 Arctic Queen Stakes for New York-bred fillies and mares, winning by a nose over Cinematize and another neck from Smitten By Gold. Atlantic's Smile, a 5-year-old Stormy Atlantic mare, ran 6 furlongs on a fast track in 1:11.52 with John Davila Jr. up.

Arlington International Racecourse

Recount took the lead in the lane in Saturday's $50,000 Addison Cammack Handicap for Illinois-breds and held off 21-1 chance Jazzy Sun in the final yards, winning by 1/2 length. Sweet Luca finished third. Recount, a 3-year-old Limehouse gelding, ran 6 furlongs on the all-weather track in 1:10.77 with Emmanuel Esquivel in the irons.

Royal Posh stalked the pace established by the favorite, Richies Sweetheart, in Saturday's $50,000 Isaac Murphy Handicap for Illinois-bred distaffers, went by and edged clear in the stretch to win by 3/4 length over Dolly Peach. Algonquin Posse edged Richies Sweetheart for third. Royal Posh, a 7-year-old daughter of Posh, ran 6 furlongs on the all-weather course in 1:12.80 with Santo Sanjur riding.

Santa Rosa

Miss Double d'Oro rallied from last of nine to land Saturday's $50,000 Wine Country Stakes for 3-year-old fillies by 1 1/2 length over Miss Boom Boom. Miss Centerfold was third and Miss Forty Niner finished fourth and punters must have wondered how they could "miss" that superfecta. Miss Double d'Oro, a Megaglia d'Oro filly out of the Dynaformer mare Lost Gold, ran 1 1/16 miles on firm turf in 1:46.48 with Silvio Amador at the controls.

News and notes

On Saturday, Saratoga Race Course united with racetracks across the country for the second consecutive year as part of the second annual Permanently Disabled Jockey Fund "Day Across America". A commemorative PDJF magazine, produced in cooperation with The Blood-Horse, was given to fans who offered a $10 donation. John Velazquez, chairman of the Jockeys Guild and a PDJF board member, noted, "We don't have guaranteed funding for the guys and girls who get hurt on the racetrack and this day is for us to keep the awareness up of how dangerous the game is ... We thank the fans for supporting us in helping those who get hurt at the racetrack. It's very important." The PDJF is a 501(c)(3) public charity that provides financial assistance to former jockeys who have suffered catastrophic on-track injuries.

By ROBERT KIECKHEFER
UPI Racing Writer
http://www.upi.com/
Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: