Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 22, 2014, 06:18:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WHAT'S WITH THE PLANE LANDING ON THE TRACK AT BALMORAL?  (Read 15728 times)
Buffaloboy

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: August 21, 2006, 04:47:52 AM »

Buffalo Boy

Can you hyper link that law to here from New Yorks web site. I did a goolge search for it no luck.

You missed my bit of obnoxiousness. There isnt an actual written law.

After 9/11, the New York City / Tri-state area has far tighter restrictions on its airspace compared to almost the entire rest of the country and more no-fly zones. As a general guideline, whatever the Terror Level is set at for the country, the NYC level is generally a level higher in many areas.
Report to moderator   Logged

When will Barn To Wire finally do the right thing and ban Clockerterry & Edwarren for their continued lies, anti-American & anti-semetic statements and their general disrutpive stupidity? 

The answer to a government thats too big is to stop feeding its growth. - President Ronald W. Reagan
TC

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: August 21, 2006, 06:52:54 AM »

Was he touching your wiener then?

More pages from this subject read the more bizzare.
No Rich, I think I'll leave the unwanted, tedious fumblings with male genatalia to registered sex offenders and weekend jailbirds such as yourself.  Prison scuttlebutt has you doing both Greek and Roman for 1/2 a pack of Lucky's - LOL.  Don't try to rationalize people's fears - you're no good at it.   trotter  TC
John Doe

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: August 21, 2006, 11:14:54 AM »

Joe,

How did you not know the plane was coming in, and why didn't you leave before it landed if your worried about it.  I knew an hour and a half before they landed that they were coming in. I didn't think anyone didn't know.  I knew they were coming and I put Hiteman down on my horse while he was still in Springfield because I talked to him and he said they were getting ready to leave. 

I am not afraid of things that may or may not happen.  9/11 or not...if you live in fear of everything, you aren't living anyway.

When I was 12 years old, a twin engine plane crashed on my farm. They landed right in the woods behind my house.  No explosion, my house didn't blow up or it didn't injure anyone except the people in the plane.  I can still remember hearing the women screaming, but they all lived. That plane was a lot closer to me, than the grandstand was to that plane, and we all lived through it.
Donna:

How the hell was I supposed to know that Balmoral was planning on allowing an airplane to land on the track?  I mean really, how would I know about that?  Just because you new about it an hour-and-a-half before it landed simply means that you were better informed...I should be so lucky. 

You say that you didn't think anyone did not know about it, what does that mean?  I arrived at Balmoral at 7:25 that night.  As I was walking through the parking lot, I was quite surprised because I didn't see the first race results on the tote board.  I thought that maybe my watch was a few minutes fast or the first race was just about to go off.  I had no idea that the card was being delayed so that an airplane could land on the track. I don’t know, maybe I should have been able to say to myself…”Let’s see, its 7:25 and the first race hasn’t gone off yet,” “Oh, that’s it--they must be waiting for an airplane to land on the track,”  “Let me rush right in to see this wonderful spectacle.”  NOT!   I can't believe that you thought I should automatically have known this and that you don't view landing an airplane at the track as being mighty dangerous. 

If you want to allow other people to place you and your loved ones in harms way, so be it, however, I feel differently about the night in question, and that is my God given right.  It was unprofessional and shows a complete disregard for the patrons, who like me, might have fears or issues with airplanes.

I never said that I live in fear every day or anything like that, but I want to be the one to decide if I want to accept an associated life-threatening risk, not somebody else. I want to be the one to make the important decision which might dictate whether I live or not.   It's my life and I'm in charge here.  Like I said, you can allow the Johnston's to play Russian Roulette with your family and you, I have no problem with that and I’m sure the Johnston’s don't mind either.  But they're not going to jeopardize my life with silly nonsense like this. 

As far as remembering the small plane that crashed on your farm when you were a young child, it too bad that you had to see something like that.  But your attitude is that, “you lived through it.” You lived through it so well that you have vivid memories of a screaming lady on board.  How wonderful.  Maybe you think something like that is not a big deal, but I do.

I've had nothing but bad experiences on airplanes with nausea and ill-feelings and will NEVER fly in an airplane unless absolutely necessary.  I don't like airplanes or anything associated with them. 

I’d love to of seen your reaction if something bad would have happened that night.  But then again, if an accident would have happened, as long as there were only some screaming people who were traumatized by the incident and everyone lived, it would have been all right? Is that really okay?   I just don't get it, and maybe I never will. 

Donna, I’ll make you an offer that you can't refuse.  You can have any airplane tickets I receive as gifts for the rest of my life.  I still have two round trip airline tickets sitting on my desk for anywhere United flies, you’re welcomed to them.  Just please try to understand and respect other peoples fears and feelings about serious matters like this.  That’s all I’m asking. Thank you and have a good afternoon.

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras

AND NOW, HERE ARE YOUR UNLV 1990 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS:
                       GREG ANTHONY
                       ANDERSON HUNT
                       MOSES SCURRY
                       STACEY AUGMON
                       LARRY JOHNSON
THE BEST COACH EVER, JERRY "TARK" TARKANIAN
THIS IS HEAVEN
Michigan Dale

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: August 21, 2006, 11:31:01 AM »

I was viewing from my perch in Michigan and we all knew the airplane was coming in.....still thought of it as a novel stunt and nothing to be afraid of.   The reality is, it appears, is that the hoopla over the plane really isn't about the airplane, its about the track itself permitting it.   If it was at some other track, perhaps with some other pilot, maybe John Campbell or Brian Sears or Ron Pierce landing at the Meadowlands I suspect we wouldn't be hearing such a whoop-de-do.   
Incidentally, airplanes, BIG airplanes fly right over Great Lakes Downs after taking off or landing at the Muskegon Airport.   Maybe each time we hear one we should run for cover?   Better not drive by any airports or near railways or God forbid drive the Dan Ryan Expressway at rush hour.   The story about the lady with the Rosary beads slays me.   She's got to be awfully sheltered and afraid of her own shadow.   Lets get back to talking harness racing and forget about airplanes landing at Balmoral Park - it was safe, its over, its finished and they can do it again as far as I'm concerned.
BOBBY ORR

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: August 21, 2006, 11:51:42 AM »

Please no more of this shit I can't take it I feel like I got hit in the head with a hockey puck, yuk,yuk.

Bobby
burton

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: August 21, 2006, 11:56:37 AM »

Please no more of this shit I can't take it I feel like I got hit in the head with a hockey puck, yuk,yuk.

Bobby
My God!
I agree with Bobby Orr.
eljay

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: August 21, 2006, 11:57:00 AM »

The next track promo will be BARF BAGS AND TAMPONS
tonymfan

« Reply #207 on: August 21, 2006, 01:52:00 PM »

If you want to allow other people to place you and your loved ones in harms way, so be it, however, I feel differently about the night in question, and that is my God given right.  It was unprofessional and shows a complete disregard for the patrons, who like me, might have fears or issues with airplanes.

Contact your congressman. Get him to sponsor an amendment to the Americans With Disabilities Act.

"No business may do anything that might trigger any irrational fear of any potential customer."
John Doe

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: August 21, 2006, 01:58:28 PM »

I was viewing from my perch in Michigan and we all knew the airplane was coming in.....still thought of it as a novel stunt and nothing to be afraid of.   The reality is, it appears, is that the hoopla over the plane really isn't about the airplane, its about the track itself permitting it.   If it was at some other track, perhaps with some other pilot, maybe John Campbell or Brian Sears or Ron Pierce landing at the Meadowlands I suspect we wouldn't be hearing such a whoop-de-do.   
Incidentally, airplanes, BIG airplanes fly right over Great Lakes Downs after taking off or landing at the Muskegon Airport.   Maybe each time we hear one we should run for cover?   Better not drive by any airports or near railways or God forbid drive the Dan Ryan Expressway at rush hour.   The story about the lady with the Rosary beads slays me.   She's got to be awfully sheltered and afraid of her own shadow.   Lets get back to talking harness racing and forget about airplanes landing at Balmoral Park - it was safe, its over, its finished and they can do it again as far as I'm concerned.

Dale:

I agreed with everything in your post but the last line!  I don't want them to do it again if I'm sitting in the place.  In addition, if they feel the need to allow such dangerous stunts, please pass the word to at least give the fans and patrons fair warning,  so we can vacate the premesis.  Thanks and have a good afternoon.

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras

AND NOW, HERE ARE YOUR UNLV 1990 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS:
                       GREG ANTHONY
                       ANDERSON HUNT
                       MOSES SCURRY
                       STACEY AUGMON
                       LARRY JOHNSON
THE BEST COACH EVER, JERRY "TARK" TARKANIAN
THIS IS HEAVEN
Michigan Dale

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: August 21, 2006, 02:07:14 PM »

No problem, Joe.   I just got a bit weary with all this airplane talk so figured I'd say lets get back to harness racing.   Its okay to agree to disagree on certain points and to do so professionally.   We've done that so now we move on.   Best regards to you as well.

Michigan Dale
race track phil

« Reply #210 on: August 21, 2006, 02:28:22 PM »

This has to be the alltime thread !  
            I personally have seen helicopters land at the track but never would
     think they would allow a plane to land at the track . To me its no big deal
     but I can understand some posters who have fears of planes not wanting
     to be in the same area as a plane landing ! We all have certain fears though
     though many differ there are still fears and should be respected by others
     in this case management ! I guess they could'nt ask every customer if
     there afraid of planes when they walk in the door , but all should have been
     informed ahead of time so those would fears could either leave or at least
     be aware of the situation . if your afraid of snakes like I'am it would be very
     unfair to me if I was invited to a party where the person had a pet snake
     in his house ! alls I'm saying is the track took a remote chance on the
     safety of its patrons without everyones awareness of the situation ! like
     i said no big deal to most fans and they probably thought it was cool , but
     to those few who felt very uncomfortable and panicked a little it was
     wrong and I can understand their frustration of being more or less forced
     to be in a place where their going to be exposed to their main fear !
                                              RTP
ilovecopper

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: August 21, 2006, 02:38:24 PM »

Donna:

How the hell was I supposed to know that Balmoral was planning on allowing an airplane to land on the track?  I mean really, how would I know about that?  Just because you new about it an hour-and-a-half before it landed simply means that you were better informed...I should be so lucky. 

You say that you didn't think anyone did not know about it, what does that mean?  I arrived at Balmoral at 7:25 that night.  As I was walking through the parking lot, I was quite surprised because I didn't see the first race results on the tote board.  I thought that maybe my watch was a few minutes fast or the first race was just about to go off.  I had no idea that the card was being delayed so that an airplane could land on the track. I don’t know, maybe I should have been able to say to myself…”Let’s see, its 7:25 and the first race hasn’t gone off yet,” “Oh, that’s it--they must be waiting for an airplane to land on the track,”  “Let me rush right in to see this wonderful spectacle.”  NOT!   I can't believe that you thought I should automatically have known this and that you don't view landing an airplane at the track as being mighty dangerous. 

I never said that I live in fear every day or anything like that, but I want to be the one to decide if I want to accept an associated life-threatening risk, not somebody else. I want to be the one to make the important decision which might dictate whether I live or not.   It's my life and I'm in charge here.  Like I said, you can allow the Johnston's to play Russian Roulette with your family and you, I have no problem with that and I’m sure the Johnston’s don't mind either.  But they're not going to jeopardize my life with silly nonsense like this. 

As far as remembering the small plane that crashed on your farm when you were a young child, it too bad that you had to see something like that.  But your attitude is that, “you lived through it.” You lived through it so well that you have vivid memories of a screaming lady on board.  How wonderful.  Maybe you think something like that is not a big deal, but I do.

I've had nothing but bad experiences on airplanes with nausea and ill-feelings and will NEVER fly in an airplane unless absolutely necessary.  I don't like airplanes or anything associated with them. 

I’d love to of seen your reaction if something bad would have happened that night.  But then again, if an accident would have happened, as long as there were only some screaming people who were traumatized by the incident and everyone lived, it would have been all right? Is that really okay?   I just don't get it, and maybe I never will. 

Donna, I’ll make you an offer that you can't refuse.  You can have any airplane tickets I receive as gifts for the rest of my life.  I still have two round trip airline tickets sitting on my desk for anywhere United flies, you’re welcomed to them.  Just please try to understand and respect other peoples fears and feelings about serious matters like this.  That’s all I’m asking. Thank you and have a good afternoon.

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras
WELL SAID.          I agree with you.  Why do  some think they can do whatever they want. Makes no sense.           I wasn't there. GLAD I MISSED IT.

tonymfan

« Reply #212 on: August 21, 2006, 02:42:21 PM »

It's #2 all time behind the big California race investigated thread. It's the all time goofy thread that's certain.
TC

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: August 21, 2006, 03:08:16 PM »

I personally have seen helicopters land at the track but never would
     think they would allow a plane to land at the track . To me its no big deal
     but I can understand some posters who have fears of planes not wanting
     to be in the same area as a plane landing ! We all have certain fears though
     though many differ there are still fears and should be respected by others
     in this case management ! I guess they could'nt ask every customer if
     there afraid of planes when they walk in the door , but all should have been
     informed ahead of time so those would fears could either leave or at least
     be aware of the situation . if your afraid of snakes like I'am it would be very
     unfair to me if I was invited to a party where the person had a pet snake
     in his house ! alls I'm saying is the track took a remote chance on the
     safety of its patrons without everyones awareness of the situation ! like
     i said no big deal to most fans and they probably thought it was cool , but
     to those few who felt very uncomfortable and panicked a little it was
     wrong and I can understand their frustration of being more or less forced
     to be in a place where their going to be exposed to their main fear !
                                              RTP
Phil, what time am I picking you up for the 8:00 showing of the new Samuel Jackson movie tonight ?  It's an off noght and I think you'll really enjoy it.   Grin   trotter  TC
race track phil

« Reply #214 on: August 21, 2006, 03:26:10 PM »

T C
                            Ok   I'll bite whats the name of the movie ?  whats the name of the snake thats starring ?  its not my biggest fear though ! My biggest fear is getting shut out by pinnacle on a winner as I did yesterday !

geezer   RTP
DLeestable

« Reply #215 on: August 21, 2006, 05:58:10 PM »

Joe,

We can disagree and I will take those tickets, anytime.  I want to go to Vegas this fall, so whenever you want rid of them, hand them over.

I live by the saying, " What doesn't kill you makes you stronger."

Have a good day....
theiman

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: August 21, 2006, 06:16:36 PM »

I have no idea what surrounds Balmoral Park. Are there homes? Were they in the flight path? Was the neighboorhood notified that a plane was going to fly very low? Were there kids playing in the area that got frightened? How about someone driving a car that might see a plane coming at them?

When Oosting took off the next day did he get flight clearance? From who? The guy in the TV tower? Did the starting gate lead him onto the track? Did he follow the gate and as the gate sped off Oosting took off?

Can you land a plane on Waverland?

Someone lacked a ton of common sense in allowing this. Sounds like typical Crimeoral management.

DLeestable

« Reply #217 on: August 21, 2006, 06:32:56 PM »

There are less homes surrounding Balmoral than there are surrounding Midway airport.  A heck of a lot less kids too.
TC

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: August 21, 2006, 06:57:31 PM »

T C
                            Ok   I'll bite whats the name of the movie ?  whats the name of the snake thats starring ?  its not my biggest fear though ! My biggest fear is getting shut out by pinnacle on a winner as I did yesterday !

geezer   RTP
I was a tad nervous too, since all other accounts were low due to this bill scare.  Fate smiled as a few extra dollars were accrued in the pre-NFL with a "fade the Dolts" twist.   trotter  TC

GOOD LUCK GAMBLING RTP !
SloppyHorses

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: August 21, 2006, 08:39:09 PM »

::)The plane was used for Andy Miller to go another track after he raced at Balmoral saw it on USTA 1

SLOPPYHORSES
sleepless

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: August 21, 2006, 08:53:40 PM »

I have no idea what surrounds Balmoral Park. Are there homes? Were they in the flight path? Was the neighboorhood notified that a plane was going to fly very low? Were there kids playing in the area that got frightened? How about someone driving a car that might see a plane coming at them?

When Oosting took off the next day did he get flight clearance? From who? The guy in the TV tower? Did the starting gate lead him onto the track? Did he follow the gate and as the gate sped off Oosting took off?

Can you land a plane on Waverland?

Someone lacked a ton of common sense in allowing this. Sounds like typical Crimeoral management.

There is a housing complex callled the water tower dorms with 28 dorm room that is located directly east of the racetrack i would estimate it is no more than 100 feet  where the plane landed.  There are children that reside in that housing complex.  I highly doubt that any precautionary measures were taken to ensure the safety of the residents of the housing complex.  This was my main concern.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2006, 09:48:36 PM by sleepless » Report to moderator   Logged
Grinder

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: August 21, 2006, 08:59:49 PM »

No comment on the plane, I just didnt want to be the only member who did NOT respond to this thread.

Ok, carry on folks     8)

The more you bet...the more you win
pacerfan

« Reply #222 on: August 21, 2006, 09:02:16 PM »

too bad you can't hit ignore on a thread. This is really getting to bore the hell out of me

flag light bulb light bulb
 dude flag trotter Grin
d00d

« Reply #223 on: August 21, 2006, 09:02:21 PM »

This thread no longer delivers.  Please cease and desist posting immediately.  
sleepless

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: August 21, 2006, 09:07:46 PM »

The only thing lacking with the plane landing were the FANTASY ISLAND stars  Mr. Roarke and Tattoo saying BOSS BOSS DE PLANE DE PLANE

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: