Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 24, 2014, 06:18:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WHAT'S WITH THE PLANE LANDING ON THE TRACK AT BALMORAL?  (Read 15775 times)
DLeestable

« Reply #175 on: August 20, 2006, 02:01:49 PM »

"Johnston’s gambled with our lives"

I give them permission to gamble with mine. If that is the greatest risk I have to face in my life, damn it,  I'll do it.  Good grief, time to get over it.
Report to moderator   Logged
burton

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: August 20, 2006, 02:03:53 PM »

I give them permission to gamble with mine. If that is the greatest risk I have to face in my life, damn it,  I'll do it.  Good grief, time to get over it.
Donna you beat me to it.
That ridiculous quote is priceless!!!!!
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!
TC

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: August 20, 2006, 02:06:40 PM »

Joe, that's a load and a half.
Burton, I have to disagree with you here.  Joe D. spoke at great length at his fear of all things aviation last night.  It seems to stem from 9/11 and that plane landing so close to him in an area not used to hosting aircraft landings really shook him up.  When talk started about the potential for a tragedy, Joe D. turned ashen and didn't join in the conversation until much later in the evening after he calmed down from seeing this event before his very eyes.  It was his enthusiastic support of my suggestion that led to someone picking up their cell and getting the FAA hotline number in the DC metroplex.  We all owe Joe D. a thanks for seeing a complaint was filed.  Thanks Joe and keep those studies up at an "A" level or you'll be hanging your sheepskin on the outhouse shingle next to where RDUKE's will surely be - LOL.   trotter  TC
eljay

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: August 20, 2006, 02:16:07 PM »

http://
Evan:

I think America became very speculative of Aviation due to the 9-1-1 terrorist attacks, but of course, that’s just my opinion.  For myself, I've been on an airplane about five times in my lifetime (mostly when I was a kid).  I am fearful of heights and airplanes.  It's not something that I'm exactly proud of, I just don't like airplanes or anything associated with them.

As far as your statement, my guess would be that 9-1-1 made American's reevaluate the entire aviation industry, noting that aircrafts could be used to demolish the Twin Towers like they did. It makes me shudder to think what would have happened if Mr. Oosting had encountered any type of mechanical, or physically emotional trouble last Saturday.  That is why I continue to say that this stunt was simply not worth taking that kind of chance.  But one thing for sure, the Johnston’s gambled with our lives by allowing this because none of them were anywhere near Balmoral on that night.  LOL They stayed far away once they realized how stupid this really was.  I guess they were thinking along the same lines as me, better to be safe then sorry. Have a good day.

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras 

NOW THAT TC HAS BERATED R DUKE'S EDUCATION AND ADMIRES ALL THAT JD POSTS, 
SPECULATIVE... DO YOU MEAN SUSPICIOUS?
PHYSICALLY EMOTIONAL...WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?
SAME LINES AS ME...DO YOU MEAN "I"?
TC

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: August 20, 2006, 02:25:04 PM »

Donna, I NEVER gave them permission to gamble with my life and had I known that a small plane was going to be landing on the track, I would NOT have attended the races.  I wasn't afraid, but the potential for disaster at such a venue where fire code violations are as common as Chinns in the Chinese Yellow Pages is too big a risk to take.  I can take care of myself, but if you would walk through the stands once in a while, you'd see there is no good evacuation plan, and the place is populated by a majority of those that would panic in a heartbeat and trample their fellow patrons in a desperate attempt to escape a burning building.  We don't need airplane fuel as an accelerant around there now do we ?   trotter  TC

PERMISSION DENIED !
burton

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: August 20, 2006, 02:58:15 PM »

Donna, I NEVER gave them permission to gamble with my life and had I known that a small plane was going to be landing on the track, I would NOT have attended the races.  I wasn't afraid, but the potential for disaster at such a venue where fire code violations are as common as Chinns in the Chinese Yellow Pages is too big a risk to take.  I can take care of myself, but if you would walk through the stands once in a while, you'd see there is no good evacuation plan, and the place is populated by a majority of those that would panic in a heartbeat and trample their fellow patrons in a desperate attempt to escape a burning building.  We don't need airplane fuel as an accelerant around there now do we ?   trotter  TC

PERMISSION DENIED !
A mountain out of a mole hill.
Pure and simple.
Fillmore Bear

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: August 20, 2006, 04:09:14 PM »

Joe Dakuras,

Do you actually believe airplanes crash 1% of all landings made in clear  calm weather on an approach with the ability to come in dead straight and at a low angle onto a very brightly lit "strip" that can be clearly seen a LONG LONG way?

Robby Knievel jumped a very large motorcyle over 100 feet free flight launching at over 100 miles an hour on the outside of the homestretch with spectators crowded on the apron at Balmoral.

There's a freight line as close to the grandstand as the chute is.Trains 200 cars long go 60 miles an hour down that track.Some of the trains have tanker cars with poisonous or potentially explosive chemicals in them.

If the person operating the starting gate,water truck or grader had a stroke it would be much mor likely to impact the grandstand than a tiny plane coming down on the chute.
Evan Sabove

« Reply #182 on: August 20, 2006, 04:29:10 PM »

i am still trying to finger out how someone fails gym?

I'll give you that one.
burton

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: August 20, 2006, 04:35:59 PM »

Joe Dakuras,

Do you actually believe airplanes crash 1% of all landings made in clear  calm weather on an approach with the ability to come in dead straight and at a low angle onto a very brightly lit "strip" that can be clearly seen a LONG LONG way?

Robby Knievel jumped a very large motorcyle over 100 feet free flight launching at over 100 miles an hour on the outside of the homestretch with spectators crowded on the apron at Balmoral.

There's a freight line as close to the grandstand as the chute is.Trains 200 cars long go 60 miles an hour down that track.Some of the trains have tanker cars with poisonous or potentially explosive chemicals in them.

If the person operating the starting gate,water truck or grader had a stroke it would be much mor likely to impact the grandstand than a tiny plane coming down on the chute.
You have to realize that Joe takes every opportunity he has to criticize the Johnstons.
No matter how far fetched.
That is his modus operandi.
This is perfect fodder for that kind of nonsense.
Evan Sabove

« Reply #184 on: August 20, 2006, 04:40:58 PM »

Evan:
     I think America became very speculative of Aviation due to the 9-1-1 terrorist attacks, but of course, that’s just my opinion.

I respect your opinion but would like to point out............Why the HELL should we let the terrorists make us scared of a damn single engine airplane landing at a racetrack?!

Cowering in a back corner fearful of every flying object LET'S THEM WIN!

Fly your damn airplane boys!  GOD BLESS AMERICA!
John Doe

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: August 20, 2006, 04:50:40 PM »

Joe Dakuras,

Filmore:

Honestly, I have no clue about stats or information relating to airplanes and landings.  I guess the 1% we speak of wouldn't mean a thing...unless of course you happen to be somewhere in that 1%, now would it?

You have some very valid points about other possible dangers at a racetrack, i.e. starting gate, water truck (Burton knows about those dangers), or grader.  However, one problem is that all of the above are necessary to maintain and operate a racetrack.  I guess if you're asking me whether or not I would have the above-mentioned equipment at a racetrack, or a small plane landing on the track, I'd have to take my shot with the track equipment.  

Are you saying that we should expect to see airplanes at the racetrack nowadays?  Maybe you know something that I don't.  I always expected to go to the track and bet on horses, not watch flying airplanes.  

On a serious note, I fully understand the everyday risks that are associated with life in general---but why complicate things and make matters worse by allowing an airplane to land on the track?  It still makes no sense to me and as Buffalo Boy put it, what good intensive purpose did it serve?  NONE!  

I respect your opinion and maybe I am overreacting a bit, but I'll tell you what; if I ever hear ahead of time that they are landing a plane or pulling some nonsensical stunt at the track like that again, I believe that I'll stay put or find something else to do.  I give Mike Oosting all the credit in the world.  He is able to do something that you couldn't pay me a million dollars to do...fly an airplane.

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras

AND NOW, HERE ARE YOUR UNLV 1990 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS:
                       GREG ANTHONY
                       ANDERSON HUNT
                       MOSES SCURRY
                       STACEY AUGMON
                       LARRY JOHNSON
THE BEST COACH EVER, JERRY "TARK" TARKANIAN
THIS IS HEAVEN
tonymfan

« Reply #186 on: August 20, 2006, 06:03:27 PM »

take me to tony packo's for a chili dog or two and i'll show you what real danger at the track is all about

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Buffaloboy

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: August 20, 2006, 06:52:29 PM »

I respect your opinion but would like to point out............Why the HELL should we let the terrorists make us scared of a damn single engine airplane landing at a racetrack?!

Cowering in a back corner fearful of every flying object LET'S THEM WIN!

Fly your damn airplane boys!  GOD BLESS AMERICA!

Evan,

I do not know where you live but I will give you my prospective as somebody who has lived in New York City his entire live ... lived through 9/11 ... could smell the burning Towers and had United States military helicopters and jets flying so close to his house that it shook.

Should we let terrorists make us afraid of anything? ABSOLUTELY NOT.

Should a single engine airplane coming down near anything other then an airport raise eyebrows and concern? ABSOLUTELY.

Again, I am sure that being in Illinois, you have a far different prospective of aircraft and what Oosting did and thats fine, but what he did was unnecessary. In this day and age, we just dont need to see stunts like that.

If Oosting had done that at The Meadowlands, Belmont Park or Aqueduct, he and the boys would have been sitting in prison and the tracks would have been closed until they sorted it out.

Again, different prospective and different mind set but times have changed.

When will Barn To Wire finally do the right thing and ban Clockerterry & Edwarren for their continued lies, anti-American & anti-semetic statements and their general disrutpive stupidity? 

The answer to a government thats too big is to stop feeding its growth. - President Ronald W. Reagan
tonymfan

« Reply #188 on: August 20, 2006, 07:04:23 PM »

If Oosting had done that at The Meadowlands, Belmont Park or Aqueduct, he and the boys would have been sitting in prison and the tracks would have been closed until they sorted it out.

Could you cite the law that would allow that?
detective4u

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: August 20, 2006, 07:24:10 PM »

do you people mess your pants when you see gatorade bottles now

get a grip 
tonymfan

« Reply #190 on: August 20, 2006, 07:29:38 PM »

do you people mess your pants when you see gatorade bottles now

get a grip 

They're kidding detective.

No one really has these irrational phobias some posters claim. They're acting out.
Buffaloboy

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: August 20, 2006, 08:26:03 PM »

Could you cite the law that would allow that?

Tonymfan,

The exact law they enforce here in New York is called Post 9/11 Precaution.

The New York City / Tri-state area airspace has far more strict regulations and security levels.

Bottomline is if he did that here, he better have had his paper work in order and the permission to land atthe track cause he and the boys would be sitting in jail until they sorted things out and they sure as hell would have closed the tracks until they did.

When will Barn To Wire finally do the right thing and ban Clockerterry & Edwarren for their continued lies, anti-American & anti-semetic statements and their general disrutpive stupidity? 

The answer to a government thats too big is to stop feeding its growth. - President Ronald W. Reagan
John Doe

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: August 20, 2006, 08:40:15 PM »

Tonymfan,

The New York City / Tri-state area airspace has far more strict regulations and security levels.

Bottomline is if he did that here, he better have had his paper work in order and the permission to land atthe track cause he and the boys would be sitting in jail until they sorted things out and they sure as hell would have closed the tracks until they did.

Buffalo Boy:

Thanks so much for sharing your insight and FACTS on important matters like this.  New Yorkers are lucky that you have laws that protect you from silly nonsense like landing an airplane at a racetrack full of patrons.  Then again, New York tracks are professionally operated and would never succumb to such a foolish thing.  We don't have professionally run tracks here in Illinois and it's a real shame.  It was great that you backed up your story with facts and the law; most of these non-believing goofs want facts and laws just to bust your balls.  At least you shut them up by citing the law you have in New York.  I wish we had something like that here in Illinois.

I want to personally say thanks for understanding about my concerns and fears of flying/landing airplanes in residential areas.  It’s a blatant disregard for human life.  Keep up your great posts and maybe you can educate these guys on matters as pertinent as this.  Have a great evening, and thanks again.

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras

AND NOW, HERE ARE YOUR UNLV 1990 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS:
                       GREG ANTHONY
                       ANDERSON HUNT
                       MOSES SCURRY
                       STACEY AUGMON
                       LARRY JOHNSON
THE BEST COACH EVER, JERRY "TARK" TARKANIAN
THIS IS HEAVEN
DLeestable

« Reply #193 on: August 20, 2006, 10:57:57 PM »

Joe,

How did you not know the plane was coming in, and why didn't you leave before it landed if your worried about it.  I knew an hour and a half before they landed that they were coming in. I didn't think anyone didn't know.  I knew they were coming and I put Hiteman down on my horse while he was still in Springfield because I talked to him and he said they were getting ready to leave. 

I am not afraid of things that may or may not happen.  9/11 or not...if you live in fear of everything, you aren't living anyway.

When I was 12 years old, a twin engine plane crashed on my farm. They landed right in the woods behind my house.  No explosion, my house didn't blow up or it didn't injure anyone except the people in the plane.  I can still remember hearing the women screaming, but they all lived. That plane was a lot closer to me, than the grandstand was to that plane, and we all lived through it.
Lovetotrot

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: August 20, 2006, 11:32:12 PM »

You have to be kidding me? Huh Just because a guy (sucessful one I might add) can afford a light plane you insinuate he is a crook?
okay it doesn't matter who's who they will all think they are crooks. bottem line bad gamblers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so sorry?!!!!!!!!!!
Richard Breth

« Reply #195 on: August 20, 2006, 11:58:25 PM »

As for myself, when I seen the plane heading for Balmoral, I started running for the exit.  I was without question in fear of my life and scared to death.

After a week, I am just now getting back to feeling better.  I was suffering from nightmares and emotional duress because these morons decided to scare the hell out of me by letting an airplane land at a horse track.

THIS IS HALARIOUS! Keep it up Joe. ROTFL!
Richard Breth

« Reply #196 on: August 21, 2006, 12:08:42 AM »

Buffalo Boy

Can you hyper link that law to here from New Yorks web site. I did a goolge search for it no luck.
Fillmore Bear

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: August 21, 2006, 02:27:39 AM »

In March 2003 during the IHHA strike I was in Las Vegas and attended Nascar qualifying.
A large group of jet fighter planes flew directly over the stadium several times in tight formation at very high speed and very low altitude.
This was at least 100 times as scary,noisy and dangerous as Oosting's Balmoral landing.
I personally did not enjoy the spectacle (it seemed I was distinctly in the minority) but I was completely recovered in MINUTES NOT DAYS.
Richard Breth

« Reply #198 on: August 21, 2006, 02:35:39 AM »

In March 2003 during the IHHA strike I was in Las Vegas and attended Nascar qualifying.
A large group of jet fighter planes flew directly over the stadium several times in tight formation at very high speed and very low altitude.
This was at least 100 times as scary,noisy and dangerous as Oosting's Balmoral landing.
I personally did not enjoy the spectacle (it seemed I was distinctly in the minority) but I was completely recovered in MINUTES NOT DAYS.

Joes more sensative then you.
Richard Breth

« Reply #199 on: August 21, 2006, 02:45:54 AM »

Burton, I have to disagree with you here.  Joe D. spoke at great length at his fear of all things aviation last night.

Was he touching your wiener then?

More pages from this subject read the more bizzare.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: