Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

August 29, 2014, 05:23:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WHAT'S WITH THE PLANE LANDING ON THE TRACK AT BALMORAL?  (Read 15469 times)
John Doe

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: August 21, 2006, 09:43:43 PM »

There are less homes surrounding Balmoral than there are surrounding Midway airport.  A heck of a lot less kids too.

Donna:

Correct-o, however, when you purchase a home in the neighborhood of Midway Airport, you are fully aware of what to expect and understand that planes will be flying over your house every 10 minutes. 

On the flip side of this argument, when you visit Balmoral Park, do you expect to see airplanes landing on the track?  It that the sole purpose of going to the horse races---to watch airplanes land on the track?

This all goes back to the argument that if you visit an airport, air and water show, or blue angels air show, you know where you are going and what you are expecting to see.  I hardly doubt that people who go to  Balmoral Park are doing so to see a airplane land on the track.  What do you think is the reason people go to Balmoral?  I think you know the answer!

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras
« Last Edit: August 21, 2006, 09:54:35 PM by JDakuras » Report to moderator   Logged

AND NOW, HERE ARE YOUR UNLV 1990 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS:
                       GREG ANTHONY
                       ANDERSON HUNT
                       MOSES SCURRY
                       STACEY AUGMON
                       LARRY JOHNSON
THE BEST COACH EVER, JERRY "TARK" TARKANIAN
THIS IS HEAVEN
DLeestable

« Reply #226 on: August 21, 2006, 09:54:09 PM »

Yes Joe,

But what about those tickets??  I am ready to fly anywhere, anytime.  In fact I would gladly take a flight with Mike ( Sky King) Oosting anytime.  His landing was a lot smoother than the last flight I took.

I am done discussing it.  You have your opinion and I have mine. I am not afraid of a flying Volkswagon beetle with wings.
Report to moderator   Logged
John Doe

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: August 21, 2006, 10:10:19 PM »

Yes Joe,

But what about those tickets??  I am ready to fly anywhere, anytime.  In fact I would gladly take a flight with Mike ( Sky King) Oosting anytime.  His landing was a lot smoother than the last flight I took.

I am done discussing it.  You have your opinion and I have mine. I am not afraid of a flying Volkswagon beetle with wings.

Donna:

I agree---nothing like beating a dead horse, huh? I'm going to take your stand and not discuss this situation anymore.   

I'll get those tickets together on Thursday or Friday and pass them along to either Brent Holland or Mikey Perrin to give to you.

Since I'll be giving you these tickets, is it possible that you can do me one favor?  I'd appreciate if you could lend me some of that courage you have since you're willing to fly a Volkswagen Beetle with wings!!  How about it?  LOL  Have a good night and we'll chat again.

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras

AND NOW, HERE ARE YOUR UNLV 1990 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS:
                       GREG ANTHONY
                       ANDERSON HUNT
                       MOSES SCURRY
                       STACEY AUGMON
                       LARRY JOHNSON
THE BEST COACH EVER, JERRY "TARK" TARKANIAN
THIS IS HEAVEN
Harness fan

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: August 22, 2006, 12:57:33 AM »

just wanted to extend this "snakes on a plane" type threads longevity...I have a feeling that you will not be seeing another plane landing on balmoral for at least a pretty long time if you know what I'm saying...or at least until the same time next year?!?
bigdaddy

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: August 22, 2006, 12:59:52 AM »

There are less homes surrounding Balmoral than there are surrounding Midway airport.  A heck of a lot less kids too.
I started this thread so I Will try to end it, Donna the fact that there are less homes surrounding Balmoral has nothing to do with the main concern of tragedy. We can thank God that nothing happened, and all of the replies are just everybody's thoughts on the situation. I am thankful that we can debate the fact,whether it was it right or wrong. Instead of the unthinkable.
Harness fan

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: August 22, 2006, 04:38:06 AM »

did someone say an airplane landed at balmoral?
DLeestable

« Reply #231 on: August 22, 2006, 07:08:43 AM »

Joe,

I don't think there will be anymore landings at Balmoral.  Maybe some flying Elvis' would be nice....I suggested letting them parachute down the next time. 

Grin
Double Joker

« Reply #232 on: August 22, 2006, 08:45:48 AM »

Donna.I seen the flying Elvis group land at the Cell almost two weeks ago and I must tell you it was pretty cool! flag
eljay

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: August 22, 2006, 09:30:02 AM »

THIS NEVER ENDING THREAD HAS CHANGED MY THINKING!
WITH ADMITTED SNIVELING , WHINING , CRINGING *** WILLING TO ADMIT TO IRRATIONAL FEARS,  THIS COUNTRY MUST IMMEDIATELY REINSTITUTE THE DRAFT.

CAN ANYONE ELSE WHO ENDURED THE MARINE CORPS DURING THE 60'S IMAGINE A GROUP OF RECRUITS WRINGING THEIR HANDS WHILE STANDING ON "THE YELLOW FOOTPRINTS" AND CRYING " I'M AFRAID"

IF THIS IS THE STANDARD OF THE CURRENT GENERATION, I AM PROUD TO BE FROM THE OTHER ONE.

SINCE YOU DON'T HAVE THE BALLS TO JOIN, WATCH FULL METAL JACKET AND TRY TO GROW A PAIR.

SEMPER FI
« Last Edit: August 22, 2006, 09:34:16 AM by eljay » Report to moderator   Logged
vaporize

« Reply #234 on: November 19, 2010, 12:25:11 AM »

A blast from the past.  Some real funny reading.  laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy
Got a pm about this and figured I would bump it up.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 12:28:28 AM by vaporize » Report to moderator   Logged
FILLYNATION

« Reply #235 on: November 19, 2010, 08:53:46 AM »

Amazing that a man 3x convicted of driving under the influence can still retain a pilots licence . I saw a list of upcoming court dates in will county for November 2010 and Oosting has a driving on revoke licence hearing coming up soon . Looks like drivers will be getting more drives soon ....
vaporize

« Reply #236 on: November 19, 2010, 10:21:23 AM »

Amazing that a man 3x convicted of driving under the influence can still retain a pilots licence . I saw a list of upcoming court dates in will county for November 2010 and Oosting has a driving on revoke licence hearing coming up soon . Looks like drivers will be getting more drives soon ....
Driving on a revoked driver's license not horse license.  laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy
sleepless

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: November 19, 2010, 10:37:36 AM »

OOSTING MICHAEL J   11 23  10 PEOT    100     10TR093869      2642090     DRIVING ON SUSPENDED   1     Pretrial
sleepless

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: November 19, 2010, 10:39:42 AM »

OOSTING MICHAEL J   11 23  10 PEOT    100     10TR093869      2642090     DRIVING ON SUSPENDED    1     Pretrial           
vaporize

« Reply #239 on: November 19, 2010, 11:28:06 AM »

OOSTING MICHAEL J   11 23  10 PEOT    100     10TR093869      2642090     DRIVING ON SUSPENDED    1     Pretrial           

lot better than a revoked.  laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy Day before Thanksgiving.
supernaut

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: November 19, 2010, 03:58:04 PM »

Not likely. They seldom do ANYTHING to Teflon Mike.The Golden Child.
Fillmore Bear

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: November 19, 2010, 06:08:35 PM »

Not likely. They seldom do ANYTHING to Teflon Mike.The Golden Child.
Mike has been incarcerated twice for automobile violations.

supernaut

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: November 20, 2010, 11:08:47 AM »

I was talking about the racetracks and the racing board.
hungry

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: November 22, 2010, 05:15:29 PM »

That's right, laddie.

ITS A DEAD GAME LADDIE !!!!  beer
sleepless

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: January 17, 2012, 06:33:11 PM »

Wow!  Dont seem like this was over 5 years ago.  How time FLYS   laughing guy
vaporize

« Reply #245 on: January 17, 2012, 07:31:50 PM »

Wow!  Dont seem like this was over 5 years ago.  How time FLYS   laughing guy
  laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy
Homestretch

Harness Racing is "King" Of All Sports

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: January 17, 2012, 07:59:32 PM »

I have seen drivers helicopter onto the Yonkers and Roosevelt infield on a regular basis but a plane takes the cake.
Usually at least 2 @ Freehold in the early 80's and sometimes more !
sleepless

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: August 10, 2013, 04:32:57 PM »

Had to bring this up   7th year anniversary  of one of the craziest things allowed
Juicejunkies

Ignore Button Below↓↓↓

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: August 10, 2013, 04:49:05 PM »

ITS A DEAD GAME LADDIE !!!!  beer

laughing guy
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: