Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 25, 2014, 04:04:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WHAT'S WITH THE PLANE LANDING ON THE TRACK AT BALMORAL?  (Read 16293 times)
bigdaddy

Ignore
« on: August 12, 2006, 06:46:02 PM »

They said mike oosting was the pilot? Is that correct
Report to moderator   Logged
Dan Nance

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2006, 06:47:02 PM »

They said mike oosting was the pilot? Is that correct

That's right, laddie.
bigdaddy

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2006, 06:48:10 PM »

I'm sure the horses loved the loud engines of the plane, What A joke!
pursesaredropping

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2006, 06:49:58 PM »

Thats Mikes personal plane that he flys and yes it landed on the track.
Kenneth J. Chadwick

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2006, 06:52:04 PM »

Hope they got FAA approval.

Kenneth J. Chadwick   

It's a Wonderful Life, let's live every moment like its your last.
Buffaloboy

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2006, 07:03:47 PM »

Hope they got FAA approval.

Kenneth J. Chadwick   

I have seen drivers helicopter onto the Yonkers and Roosevelt infield on a regular basis but a plane takes the cake.

When will Barn To Wire finally do the right thing and ban Clockerterry & Edwarren for their continued lies, anti-American & anti-semetic statements and their general disrutpive stupidity? 

The answer to a government thats too big is to stop feeding its growth. - President Ronald W. Reagan
emp

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2006, 07:26:37 PM »

Why couldn't he come up to North Avenue Beach today and land here?

It's just the same as landing on the limestone isn't it?

Heard a few years ago that some drivers were scared sh#tless to ride in the plane with him; he's probably a better airline pilot by now.....

Guess people will do anything to drive horses, eh?

The track is, however, private property so he probably asked and got clearance to land his plane there. Which lot is it parked in? Does he have a handicapping placard or is he in the paddock lot?

We need some clarification here........
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2006, 07:29:01 PM »

Thats Mikes personal plane that he flys and yes it landed on the track.

Isn't this dangerous?  If something goes wrong, couldn't he end up killing people in the grandstand?

Best,
EW

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
emp

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2006, 08:13:09 PM »

Isn't this dangerous?  If something goes wrong, couldn't he end up killing people in the grandstand?

Best,
EW

Great point. Nobody ever called me to be the target at Balmoral. Next time have him call me with an approximate arrival and I'll dress in full HV gear so he can't miss me.

EWubs you must be smoking some good stuff to think and post a comment like that!
DLeestable

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2006, 08:16:06 PM »

There was no danger to anyone in the grandstand. He came in from the south and started his landing coming out of the chute. There was an ambulance and a fire truck on the backside, so they were prepared.  Man it was the coolest thing I have ever seen at the track. He landed that plane perfectly.  It was sweeetttt!! Everyone was outside watching the plane, more than I think I have seen watch the races lately.  

Good job Mike....
shuffledagain

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2006, 08:16:48 PM »

Best,
EW

Is there anyone there?

Last in 24.2, "something ain't right with that!"
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2006, 08:17:21 PM »

Great point. Nobody ever called me to be the target at Balmoral. Next time have him call me with an approximate arrival and I'll dress in full HV gear so he can't miss me.

EWubs you must be smoking some good stuff to think and post a comment like that!

Smoking good stuff?  They don't put the terminals next the runways at airports.  Probably for a reason.

Best,
EW

bigdaddy

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2006, 08:17:43 PM »

Isn't this dangerous? If something goes wrong, couldn't he end up killing people in the grandstand?

Best,
EW
EW, Good point I'm sure he is a good pilot and we know he is a good driver, but we all have seen him make a judgement error on the track so "God forbid" a judgement error in the sky is possible.
emp

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2006, 08:18:47 PM »

There was no danger to anyone in the grandstand. He came in from the south and started his landing coming out of the chute. There was an ambulance and a fire truck on the backside, so they were prepared.  Man it was the coolest thing I have ever seen at the track. He landed that plane perfectly.  It was sweeetttt!! Everyone was outside watching the plane, more than I think I have seen watch the races lately. 

Good job Mike....

Thanks for the clarification Donna Lee. Just curious if anyone else stepped off the plane with him? Were the TSA people there to check the bags? Did anyone have any liquids as carryon baggage? Ah, security on planes is the hot topic these daze!
DLeestable

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2006, 08:21:31 PM »

EMP.

It was Mike, Andy, Dale and Timmy T.  I do think there might have been some hair gel involed with the trip, they all looked pretty good when they came off. 

emp

« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2006, 08:25:02 PM »

EMP.

It was Mike, Andy, Dale and Timmy T.  I do think there might have been some hair gel involed with the trip, they all looked pretty good when they came off. 

That plane ride must have had some interesting conversations going on unless it was too noisy and they were all smiling at each other enjoying the ride....... who was the co-pilot.

Thanks again for the clarification but not to get off the subject......are they doing security checks at the Illinois State Fair in Springfield too? I need to be sure to pack the car carefully.

DLeestable

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2006, 08:30:25 PM »

EMP,

I believe the man upstairs was the co-pilot tonight.
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2006, 09:03:54 PM »

Thanks for the clarification Donna Lee. Just curious if anyone else stepped off the plane with him? Were the TSA people there to check the bags? Did anyone have any liquids as carryon baggage? Ah, security on planes is the hot topic these daze!

You ask strange questions.

Best,
EW

rocket fuel

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2006, 09:06:41 PM »

That plane ride must have had some interesting conversations going on unless it was too noisy and they were all smiling at each other enjoying the ride....... who was the co-pilot.

Thanks again for the clarification but not to get off the subject......are they doing security checks at the Illinois State Fair in Springfield too? I need to be sure to pack the car carefully.

HEY EMP, YOU ARE A GOOD GUY.  WHY THE IDIOTIC QUESTIONS? D0 FOUR HARNESS DRIVERS FLYING FROM THE STATE FAIR TO BALMORAL SEEM LIKE A THREAT TO YOU?  JUST PLAIN DUMB.
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2006, 09:13:44 PM »

There was no danger to anyone in the grandstand. He came in from the south and started his landing coming out of the chute. There was an ambulance and a fire truck on the backside, so they were prepared.  Man it was the coolest thing I have ever seen at the track. He landed that plane perfectly.  It was sweeetttt!! Everyone was outside watching the plane, more than I think I have seen watch the races lately. 

Good job Mike....

Gotcha!  In that case, there really wasn't much at stake.  Hope the horses didn't mind the fly over.

Good job Mike!

Best,
EW

bigdaddy

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2006, 09:59:10 PM »

HEY EMP, YOU ARE A GOOD GUY. WHY THE IDIOTIC QUESTIONS? D0 FOUR HARNESS DRIVERS FLYING FROM THE STATE FAIR TO BALMORAL SEEM LIKE A THREAT TO YOU? JUST PLAIN DUMB.
Rocket, he was just making a minor statement about the terrorist situations that have come up in the last few days. BY all means he never felt threatend, the only threat he may feel is the driver may make a bad move on the track and not win for him.
icare

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2006, 10:52:44 PM »

Mike did a great job, Everyone loved it.  it was not loud at all, Hawthorn is loud!!!
Tannor

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2006, 11:23:35 PM »

I heard them talking about it in the paddock today. I think it was a joke at first and then it got serious. They wanted to drive in as many races as they could. After driving in nearly 25 races here (spr1) i am sure they needed some hair gel to make themselves look good. I wish i coulda saw it. If anyone taped it or recorded it please send it to me.

Tannor

They're at the gate!!!!
jrstark
Administrator

« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2006, 11:59:07 PM »

Photos here:
http://www.barntowire.com/2006/BPnotes060812.html
John Doe

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2006, 12:07:03 AM »

I disagree and think it was downright dangerous to land an aircraft within the close proximity of the grandstand.  The person I was sitting with was outraged and going to file a complaint with the FAA.   I do not care of Balmoral is private property or not, you still need FAA permission and clearance to land a plane in a place that is occupied with people like that.  

It might have been neat and all in some of your opinions, but this could have ended up being a very tragic situation if something went wrong.  Mike Oosting might be the greatest pilot ever but a mechanical malfunction can happen at any time.  This is serious business.  I could understand the situation better if Balmoral had forewarned their patrons ahead of time but they didn't.  

Just imagine if that plane lost control and hit the grandstand or barn area.  I'm sorry folks, but Balmoral Park should be heavily fined and possibly have to forfeit some days of racing as a form of punishment.  You can’t just land an aircraft anywhere you want to without FAA approval.  This was not only stupid, but just plain dangerous in my opinion.

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras

AND NOW, HERE ARE YOUR UNLV 1990 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS:
                       GREG ANTHONY
                       ANDERSON HUNT
                       MOSES SCURRY
                       STACEY AUGMON
                       LARRY JOHNSON
THE BEST COACH EVER, JERRY "TARK" TARKANIAN
THIS IS HEAVEN
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Up