Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 20, 2014, 01:14:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nicole's Dream - How did she do in Japan?  (Read 1512 times)
Scav

Ignore
« on: November 29, 2005, 11:56:40 AM »

Can't find it anywhere on the big three websites (DRF, TTimes, Bloodhorse), wondering if anyone else knew?
Report to moderator   Logged
childewood

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2005, 12:57:20 PM »

I thought the race was in December.
childewood

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2005, 12:58:00 PM »

and in Hong Kong, not Japan.
Scav

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2005, 04:25:04 PM »

yeah I just realized that. December 11th, hopefully TVG will carry it
APCD Dan

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2005, 03:06:28 PM »

There is a picture of Nicole's Dream arriving in Hong Kong at the Bloodhorse site. This is quite an honor for the Dare to Dream owners and Larry Rivelli.  ET Baird gets to go along for the ride too.  The turf sprint is worth 1.28 million, a lot more than the 50k purses this horse has been running for here in the states.  The big Asian sprint star, Silent Witness, looks like a no-go in this contest also.  With all that said, I think Nicole's Dream is in way over its head here, but it is still a nice trip for all involved which is probably free too.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2005, 06:35:12 PM by APCD Dan » Report to moderator   Logged
TommyCh

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2005, 04:44:55 PM »

This just in, from BloodHorse:

Invitee barred from Hong Kong International

Officials at the Hong Kong Jockey Club have barred one of the four North American invitees to the Hong Kong International Races after the unnamed horse tested positive for anabolic steroids, the South China Morning Post reported.

"The connections of the horse in question, knowing it had received steroid treatment, felt it would have been clear by the day of racing," Hong Kong Jockey Club Executive Director of Racing Winfried Engelbrecht-Bresges told the publication. "They now know from their elective test that it has no chance of being clear -- they are being asked to stay home."

The quartet consists of Sprint (HK-G1) hopeful NICOLE'S DREAM (Northern Trend); Mile (HK-G1) candidate DESIGNED FOR LUCK (Rahy); and Hong Kong Cup (HK-G1) invites WHILLY (Ire) (Sri Pekan) and WILLOW O WISP (Misnomer).
nwaryas

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2005, 04:53:11 PM »

Whilly(Ire) was never making the trip. For more info go to: http://www.drf.com/news/article/70648.html

Nicole's Dream landed in Hong Kong. She is cleared for racing. The question is will Lasix be a factor? Do they use it out in Hong Kong?

E.T. Baird will arrive in Hong Kong sometime next week. R.L. Baird told me last week. E.T. Baird will have a light racing schedule at Hawthorne before he leaves.

The only way to bet these races in on Youbet.com or Brisbet.com (TSNbet.com).
« Last Edit: November 30, 2005, 05:04:39 PM by nwaryas » Report to moderator   Logged
APCD Dan

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2005, 06:39:09 PM »

Nicole's Dream landed in Hong Kong. She is cleared for racing. The question is will Lasix be a factor? Do they use it out in Hong Kong?

I do not think Lasix is allowed anywhere but in the states, although I am probably wrong.
g3tPWNed_24

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2005, 04:24:30 PM »

can probaly bet through TVG but of course our idiotic laws dont allow it in illinois
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: