Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

December 19, 2014, 08:15:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Drivers can take off any horse at anytime  (Read 8945 times)
Evan Sabove

« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2006, 01:20:06 PM »

Zero.  Although I would venture that it's not the classiest thing to do -- especially without talking to Scott first -- no rules were broken (to my knowledge).

Best,
EW

And I will agree with you there.  But whining about cheating is ridiculous.
Report to moderator   Logged
the DailyDaley

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2006, 01:20:58 PM »

Look at the Meadows entries on draw day on the USTA website. Palone is down to drive at least 4 or 5 in every race.

He has to make his phone calls on "TRAINING TECHNIQUES" for each horse he is listed on and to also check with the vet, blacksmith and other trainers on the ones that he is not down to drive for in that race.

It happens all the time with the "KING of B TRACKS".

"Let me go when I come to the front, fan out so I can hit the LIGHTNING LANE early when you are dead on the front and most importantly let me know when you need a race".

Yep, every day racing at Palone Meadows.
Evan Sabove

« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2006, 01:24:26 PM »

Hey grandstand goof who doesn't undertstand the rules of racing.

If the man doesn't want to drive the horse then he should take himself off AND OUT OF THE RACE PERIOD. The rules in Chicago have always said that if you're listed on only one horse you must drive that horse.

It's not a case of being a crybaby. It's a case of being jacked over by someone. PERIOD !! Tetrick was not listed on any other horse so he should be driving Scott's horse not Harmer's who didn't list him in the first place. If I were Scott I would just scratch the horse for getting jacked around and having no driver.  

The rules of Chicago?  ROTFLMAO!  And you call me a goof? Huh

There is no RULE forcing a driver to drive a horse.  But, there IS A RULE ABOUT FAILURE TO HONOR YOUR DECLARATION!  So let your brother scratch his horse just because he didn't get the driver he named.  After they fine him we'll be right here waiting for you to come back and moan like wh*re.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2006, 01:26:36 PM by Evan Sabove » Report to moderator   Logged
Dan Nance

« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2006, 01:26:08 PM »

How is naming off a horse cheating?  What rule did they break?  

Naming off a horse is not cheating. Jumping to another horse you were not listed on is cheating.

If that Golden Haired *** Harmer wanted Tetrick then he should have listed him in the first place. And, the bald snake should have never allowed this to happen.

Joe Dakuras warned Scott not to deal with the gestapo at Balmoral & Maywood because things like this would happen and it looks like he was right. They started early on SN putting Mack on the stewards list after Holland ran up on Hiteman's back. Now this. Scott tells me other things that they are doing but I won't bring them up until he does.

I told Scott that just maybe they'll slip up one too many times and you'll be able to sue their ass over something.  
Evan Sabove

« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2006, 01:28:57 PM »

Naming off a horse is not cheating. Jumping to another horse you were not listed on is cheating.

And where is this listed as cheating?  USTA?  IRB rules?  Name the rule that was broke.  I'm not interested in the Nance Family Code of Conduct either.
Dan Nance

« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2006, 01:34:38 PM »

The rules of Chicago?  ROTFLMAO!  And you call me a goof? Huh

There is no RULE forcing a driver to drive a horse.  But, there IS A RULE ABOUT FAILURE TO HONOR YOUR DECLARATION!  So let your brother scratch his horse just because he didn't get the driver he named.  After they fine him we'll be right here waiting for you to come back and moan like wh*re.

***hole ! I said there was no rule that says that a driver must drive a horse. But, there always was always a rule in Chicago that said that if a driver is listed on only ONE horse he must drive that horse or not drive the race at all.

CAN YOU GET THAT THROUGH YOU THICK SKULL, GOOF ?

Guess what, Scott's horse just got sick and has a temp of 102. The vet will give him a scratch paper to give to the stewards saying the horse is sick. So, take your failure to honor a declaration and shove it up your ass. This is what he can do if he wanted too but I'm sure he'll race.

Everytime Robin draws the 8 hole at Maywood she scratches. Are the fines for failure to honor a declaration piling up on her for her numorus scratches?  
TrackRatMole

Grandstand Goof T-shirts Now On Sale!

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2006, 01:40:08 PM »

Look at the Meadows entries on draw day on the USTA website. Palone is down to drive at least 4 or 5 in every race.

He has to make his phone calls on "TRAINING TECHNIQUES" for each horse he is listed on and to also check with the vet, blacksmith and other trainers on the ones that he is not down to drive for in that race.

It happens all the time with the "KING of B TRACKS".

"Let me go when I come to the front, fan out so I can hit the LIGHTNING LANE early when you are dead on the front and most importantly let me know when you need a race".

Yep, every day racing at Palone Meadows.

Ditto Manzi at Freehold. I wonder if Cat comes in 6-packs?

RACE: 5  -  08/10/2006  -  FREEHOLD RACEWAY  -  PURSE: $ 10,000  -  CLASS: NJGA2CP-L1
GAIT: Pace  -  Early Betting  -  DIST: 1 Mile  -  STRS: 9
PP Horse 2006 Year to Date Driver Clm. Med.
Sts W P S Time Earnings
1 MATTINEZ 3 1 0 0 1:59.0F $ 3,075 Catello R Manzi $ 0 
2 KINGS POINT 3 0 0 0 - $ 0 Daniel Dube $ 0 
3 BEWARE OF DARKNESS 1 0 1 0 - $ 2,500 Michel Lachance $ 0 
4 ARTCHDUKE 3 1 0 1 2:01.3H $ 2,108 Catello R Manzi $ 0 
5 MR DOODLES 4 0 1 1 - $ 3,388 Catello R Manzi $ 0 
6 RED MAN A 1 0 0 0 - $ 0 Eric L Abbatiello $ 0 
7 RICHIE'S FELLA 2 0 0 0 - $ 170 Catello R Manzi $ 0 
8 BEAM OF LIFE 0 0 0 0 - $ 0 Daniel Dube $ 0 
9 CARD SHARK DE VIE 0 0 0 0 - $ 0 Catello R Manzi $ 0

RACE: 12  -  08/10/2006  -  FREEHOLD RACEWAY  -  PURSE: $ 10,000  -  CLASS: NJGA3FP-L1
Sts W P S Time Earnings
1 PUBLIC LIFE 10 0 0 2 - $ 16,424 Catello R Manzi $ 0 
2 EMOTIONAL BALANCE 11 2 0 1 1:55.2F $ 4,548 Catello R Manzi $ 0 
3 MY SISTER'S PLACE 10 1 1 0 1:57.3H $ 2,899 David A Pinkney $ 0 L
4 FOUR STARZ DEAL 3 2 1 0 1:58.1H $ 3,775 Catello R Manzi $ 0 
5 WHAMMY HANOVER 5 1 0 1 1:57.3F $ 1,840 Catello R Manzi $ 0 
6 ALL DEUCE 4 2 1 0 1:58.1H $ 4,400 Jeffrey M Gregory $ 0 
7 ZIP'S IMAGE 4 0 0 2 - $ 920 Mark N Lancaster $ 0 
8 BOCA BECKONS 12 2 1 0 1:55.3F $ 10,747 Catello R Manzi $ 0 
9 LIFE'S MEMORIES 1 0 0 0 Q1:59.2H $ 0 Daniel Dube $ 0
Dan Nance

« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2006, 01:40:47 PM »

And where is this listed as cheating?  USTA?  IRB rules?  Name the rule that was broke.  I'm not interested in the Nance Family Code of Conduct either.

And I'm not interested in the comments that come from grandstand goofs like you either.

I raced thouands of horses over 20 years in Chicago and know what the rules set down by Phil Langley always were. I don't need goofs like you telling me anything about chicago harness racing unless you were there involved as a trainer also.
Dan Nance

« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2006, 01:42:41 PM »

Ditto Manzi at Freehold. I wonder if Cat comes in 6-packs?

RACE: 5  -  08/10/2006  -  FREEHOLD RACEWAY  -  PURSE: $ 10,000  -  CLASS: NJGA2CP-L1
Sts W P S Time Earnings
1 MATTINEZ 3 1 0 0 1:59.0F $ 3,075 Catello R Manzi $ 0 
2 KINGS POINT 3 0 0 0 - $ 0 Daniel Dube $ 0 
3 BEWARE OF DARKNESS 1 0 1 0 - $ 2,500 Michel Lachance $ 0 
4 ARTCHDUKE 3 1 0 1 2:01.3H $ 2,108 Catello R Manzi $ 0 
5 MR DOODLES 4 0 1 1 - $ 3,388 Catello R Manzi $ 0 
6 RED MAN A 1 0 0 0 - $ 0 Eric L Abbatiello $ 0 
7 RICHIE'S FELLA 2 0 0 0 - $ 170 Catello R Manzi $ 0 
8 BEAM OF LIFE 0 0 0 0 - $ 0 Daniel Dube $ 0 
9 CARD SHARK DE VIE 0 0 0 0 - $ 0 Catello R Manzi $ 0

RACE: 12  -  08/10/2006  -  FREEHOLD RACEWAY  -  PURSE: $ 10,000  -  CLASS: NJGA3FP-L1
Sts W P S Time Earnings
1 PUBLIC LIFE 10 0 0 2 - $ 16,424 Catello R Manzi $ 0 
2 EMOTIONAL BALANCE 11 2 0 1 1:55.2F $ 4,548 Catello R Manzi $ 0 
3 MY SISTER'S PLACE 10 1 1 0 1:57.3H $ 2,899 David A Pinkney $ 0 L
4 FOUR STARZ DEAL 3 2 1 0 1:58.1H $ 3,775 Catello R Manzi $ 0 
5 WHAMMY HANOVER 5 1 0 1 1:57.3F $ 1,840 Catello R Manzi $ 0 
6 ALL DEUCE 4 2 1 0 1:58.1H $ 4,400 Jeffrey M Gregory $ 0 
7 ZIP'S IMAGE 4 0 0 2 - $ 920 Mark N Lancaster $ 0 
8 BOCA BECKONS 12 2 1 0 1:55.3F $ 10,747 Catello R Manzi $ 0 
9 LIFE'S MEMORIES 1 0 0 0 Q1:59.2H $ 0 Daniel Dube $ 0

Manzi can pick any horse he wants because he's listed on several. If he was listed on just one I'm sure he would have to drive that horse or not drive the race at all.
Evan Sabove

« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2006, 01:45:26 PM »

***hole ! I said there was no rule that says that a driver must drive a horse. But, there always was always a rule in Chicago that said that if a driver is listed on only ONE horse he must drive that horse or not drive the race at all.

You are so full of shit!  There is no way on God's Green Earth anyone in Chicago can force a driver to drive a horse even if he is only down on that horse!  Chicago rule or Rule from Mars!
saveilracing

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2006, 01:46:39 PM »

Don't feel like it just happened to you and they are trying to single you out.   It has never in 21 years happened to me and it has now happened TWICE in the last 2 weeks.             JOE
Evan Sabove

« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2006, 01:48:07 PM »

Guess what, Scott's horse just got sick and has a temp of 102. The vet will give him a scratch paper to give to the stewards saying the horse is sick. So, take your failure to honor a declaration and shove it up your ass. This is what he can do if he wanted too but I'm sure he'll race.

So now you are putting a vet's license on the line?   
  What a smooth operator you are!
Evan Sabove

« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2006, 01:49:17 PM »

And I'm not interested in the comments that come from grandstand goofs like you either.

I raced thouands of horses over 20 years in Chicago and know what the rules set down by Phil Langley always were. I don't need goofs like you telling me anything about chicago harness racing unless you were there involved as a trainer also.

Obviously I do know a bit more than you.   Roll Eyes
Evan Sabove

« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2006, 01:51:54 PM »

Everytime Robin draws the 8 hole at Maywood she scratches. Are the fines for failure to honor a declaration piling up on her for her numorus scratches?  [/b]

I don't know Robin.  Don't know why the horses are scratched but how about you defend your own stupid argument with out throwing someone else under the bus?  Seems a bit childish wouldn't you say?

You can be pissed all you want about him not driving, but the fact of the matter is, you can't force him to drive, and there were no rules broken in him taking himself off.
Dan Nance

« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2006, 01:52:58 PM »

Obviously I do know a bit more than you.   Roll Eyes

You know nothing, you just think you do. One thing I do know and that is your brain is the size of a pea.
Evan Sabove

« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2006, 01:54:01 PM »

You know nothing, you just think you do. One thing I do know and that is your brain is the size of a pea.

Wrong again.  Don't you think you should give up before you dig yourself in deeper?
Evan Sabove

« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2006, 01:56:04 PM »

I'm sure he would have to drive that horse or not drive the race at all.

Once again, can you tell us why?  I just love reading your incessant nonsense.

Dan Nance

« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2006, 02:01:24 PM »

I don't know Robin.  Don't know why the horses are scratched but how about you defend your own stupid argument with out throwing someone else under the bus?  Seems a bit childish wouldn't you say?

You can be pissed all you want about him not driving, but the fact of the matter is, you can't force him to drive, and there were no rules broken in him taking himself off.

I can give 2 flying f*ucks if he's driving or not. I have nothing to do with any horses racing in my brothers stable right now.

The whole point about this topic is that Doc allowed Tetrick to move to the #1 horse when he was NOT listed on the horse. Tetrick was only listed on my brothers horse and should drive that horse in the race or no horse at all. That's why your brain is the size of a pea.

And, don't tell me who I can bring up in a comment. I'll tell everyone what people do if guys like you try and tell me my brother would be breaking a rule if he were to scratch his horse.

I got news for you. Vets give phony scratch slips to the stewards all the time. When a horse is standing in a stall dead crippled and can't walk the trainer has his vet scratch the horse sick not lame so that he doesn't have to qualify the horse. If you scratch lame you must qualify.

LEARN THE GAME LADDIE !!  
Dan Nance

« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2006, 02:03:45 PM »

Once again, can you tell us why?  I just love reading your incessant nonsense.

I don't care what they do in New Jersey. I know what they do in Chicago and have always done in the past. If you're not from Chicago get lost and get out of the conversation.
Evan Sabove

« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2006, 02:04:52 PM »

I got news for you. Vets give phony scratch slips to the stewards all the time. When a horse is standing in a stall dead crippled and can't walk the trainer has his vet scratch the horse sick not lame so that he doesn't have to qualify the horse. If you scratch lame you must qualify.

LEARN THE GAME LADDIE !!  [/b]

Yes you are right there.  Vets do.  Most of them do under the presumption that the trainer doesn't have a blow mouth brother ready to post on the internet about his brothers phony scratch slip!

edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2006, 02:04:58 PM »

I can give 2 flying f*ucks if he's driving or not. I have nothing to do with any horses racing in my brothers stable right now.

The whole point about this topic is that Doc allowed Tetrick to move to the #1 horse when he was NOT listed on the horse. Tetrick was only listed on my brothers horse and should drive that horse in the race or no horse at all. That's why your brain is the size of a pea.

And, don't tell me who I can bring up in a comment. I'll tell everyone what people do if guys like you try and tell me my brother would be breaking a rule if he were to scratch his horse.

LEARN THE GAME LADDIE !! 

Dan,

I don't think Tim did the right thing, especially without talking to Scott first, however, as a catch driver, it's his right to accept a drive on whomever he wishes.  It's his neck on the line, and as a result, his choice.

I believe that simply in the guise of common courtesy he should've talked to your brother first, that's all.

Best,
EW

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
FreeLegged

« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2006, 02:05:04 PM »

cant someone post the rules from this track regarding catch driving, driver changes etc.
Evan Sabove

« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2006, 02:07:39 PM »

It is 4:05 EST and 3:05pm CST and you are wrong again!

The whole point of the thread is.... THERE IS NO RULE SAYING HE CAN NOT SWITCH TO A DIFFERENT HORSE BEFORE SCRATCH TIME!
Evan Sabove

« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2006, 02:09:07 PM »

I don't care what they do in New Jersey. I know what they do in Chicago and have always done in the past. If you're not from Chicago get lost and get out of the conversation.

Is there a rule saying I have to?  Or is it another one of your silly made up bullshit? geezer
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2006, 02:09:30 PM »

cant someone post the rules from this track regarding catch driving, driver changes etc.

The only thing I can find:

Section 1312.230  Drivers

a)         Declarations shall state who will drive the horse and give the driver's colors. Drivers must be named at the time prescribed by the presiding judge at a meeting.

b)         After being named, no driver shall be changed except by permission of the judges. When a nominator starts two or more horses, the judges shall approve or disapprove the second and third drivers.

This doesn't really deal with the situation here.  I'll see if I can find anything else...

Best,
EW

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: