Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 18, 2014, 02:46:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Drivers can take off any horse at anytime  (Read 8859 times)
sn

« on: August 08, 2006, 12:57:50 PM »

This is what they told me this morning when they were paging me over the Maywood loud speaker furiously to try and beat the 9:30am deadline to name drivers for thurs.
When I answered the page they told me I need a driver for Illini Monstermack, I said what do you mean I have T.Tetrick listed and hes not on any other horse. They told me no hes driving Armbro Dollar the no. 1 horse. I said he wasnt listed to drive him, they said Hiteman was listed but chose to driv Incredible Mouse and Timmy chose to take off Monstermack(who he was listed on) to drive the No.1 horse. I said you have got to be kidding???
They said no, any driver can take off any horse at any time!!!!

Let me tell you what is going to happen from now on with my entries, I will NEVER name another driver on my horse at the time of entry. I will list every driver as TBA and when horse the gets in I will ask any driver I wish if he will drive my horse I dont care if hes listed on another guys horse or not!!!

now I have to explain to the owner that Tetrick, who has been driving his horses was listed only on his horse but chose to take off and drive another horse who he wasnt even listed on. How would you guys feel? And they wonder why there are no good owners left in Illinois racing who wants to put up with this nonsense!!!!!

Maybe Armbro Dollar is a lock I dont know, I seen him qua. in 59/2 what do you guys think?Huh
Report to moderator   Logged
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2006, 01:02:14 PM »

Let me tell you what is going to happen from now on with my entries, I will NEVER name another driver on my horse at the time of entry. I will list every driver as TBA and when horse the gets in I will ask any driver I wish if he will drive my horse I dont care if hes listed on another guys horse or not!!!

This might work, except it would severely limit your choices in many instances.  I follow driver choices in handicapping, and this occasionally happens -- you're not the first, although I'm sure it's frustrating.

Have you spoken with Tim?  It surely isn't the classy thing to do...

Best,
EW

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
sn

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2006, 01:06:13 PM »

How would it limit my choices? There telling me no matter who's listed on who the driver can take off any horse and drive who he wants to!!!

and No I have not talked to Timmy Yet
race track phil

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2006, 01:13:59 PM »

the drivers have all the power to do what they want and make the most money . its ridiculous that he opts to a horse he is'nt listed on and they let him get away with that late change . I sure dont remember the drivers being able to that years ago ! that kind of situation i'm sure could get an owner sour . but nothing surprises me in todays racing !
                                                       RTP
sn

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2006, 01:20:05 PM »

Phil, the proper thing to do would have been, Harmer, Dale took another horse you need a driver for Armbro Dollar, Ok how about Tetrick? Hes already listed on one!!!
Thats what they woyuld have told me!!! not , let me see if Tetrick will take off (The Favorite who he drove last time) for you!!! come on!!!
sn

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2006, 01:23:49 PM »

Maybe DN will show up and tell us again how Anthony Morgan did the same thing to him 15 years ago!!!!

Thats right DN nothing has changed around here!!!!

edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2006, 01:26:44 PM »

How would it limit my choices? There telling me no matter who's listed on who the driver can take off any horse and drive who he wants to!!!

and No I have not talked to Timmy Yet

I think it would limit your choices, because I assume that the vast majority of the drivers wouldn't just take off of a horse.

Perhaps he had a reason, but I would think that Harmer talked to him and asked him to drive -- and I really don't think that's a nice thing to do, considering you "asked" him first.

Best,
EW

race track phil

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2006, 01:27:59 PM »

SCOTT ,      I will say one thing if that was my horse i would be in that racing office screaming ! I would also tell mr tetrick a few words that he would remember for a long time ! the chances of getting someone else that you would prefer are probably slim now because the other descent drivers are already on someone else by now ! its a real joke that this could be allowed .

RTP
sn

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2006, 01:31:25 PM »

Yeah, why dont I just call up Sam Widger whos on a 10-1 shot and say, hey Sam do want to take off that maiden your listed on and drive the morning line favorate for me?

Do you see what I'm getting at?
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2006, 01:34:56 PM »

Yeah, why dont I just call up Sam Widger whos on a 10-1 shot and say, hey Sam do want to take off that maiden your listed on and drive the morning line favorate for me?

Do you see what I'm getting at?

Yes, absolutely, I just don't think that most would do that?

Best,
EW

HOOFHEARTED

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2006, 01:35:03 PM »

mr tetrick would never drive for me again over thaqt little stunt!!!!!
Dan Nance

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2006, 01:38:35 PM »

This bullshit happened to me back in 98. I had Morgan listed on Clark Gable and Morgan was not listed on any other horse in the race. The next morning Bob Larry called me at the farm and told me I need a driver. I said the same thing SN said and that is " What do you mean I need a driver, Morgan is not listed on any other horse in the race ", Bob gets all nervous and says " I don't know, just give me a driver ". Deep down inside Bib knew I got screwed but there was nothing he could do about it.

When I saw Morgan that night at Siegel's I asked him what happened and the dirty gymshoe man lied and said he knew nothing about it and didn't know why he was on Stampers horse and not on Clark Gable. He's a big liar because he told them to put him on Stampers horse because he thought Clark Gable had no shot because I entered him for 25K and just claimed him for 8K. If Morgan didn't tell Doc to put him on Stampers horse when he was not even listed to drive the horse then that means Doc cheated and jacked me over. Who knows the truth? Only Morgan and Doc.

It NEVER was like this yeas ago. If a driver wasn't doubled up on any other horse he had to drive the horse he was listed on when the overnight sheet came out. Now a driver can pick and choose who he wants to drive even if someone didn't list him in the first place? This is bullshit!! And, how could Doc allow this to happen? If a driver doesn't want to drive the only horse he is listed on then they can just sit the race out.

Once again SN, this is just one of the reasons why I retired back in 99. I got sick of putting up with this kind of unfair Chicago harness racing bullshit that goes on back there.

I agree, put down TBA and then go around and then try and recruit whatever driver you want. Tell them you'll give them $100 if they jump off someone else's horse that they are listed on and go to yours. How would the other horseman and Doc like that move?  
dt2

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2006, 01:41:14 PM »

Well Scott typical chicago bullshit politics!

But, you have to be use to it by now, no big deal, monster mac will  beat the piss out of that little wimp.

The second word would be
Petro

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2006, 01:53:29 PM »

This is a total bullshit!!   Tetrick learned all of these moves from the brown stain, how to pre-race, stiff horses, cash tickets and do throat surgeries!!!   I would confront Tetrick and tell him he will never drive anything I put on the track!!!!!   CROOKED PEOPLE LIVING CROOKED LIVES!!!!
Dan Nance

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2006, 02:00:02 PM »

SCOTT ,      I will say one thing if that was my horse i would be in that racing office screaming ! I would also tell mr tetrick a few words that he would remember for a long time ! the chances of getting someone else that you would prefer are probably slim now because the other descent drivers are already on someone else by now ! its a real joke that this could be allowed .

RTP

Phil,
           There are no drivers in Chicago as it is so you have to kiss the good drivers asses. If you go around yelling at them you will have 4th and 5th rate drivers driving for you all the time and then you'll win 2 out of 22 races. If you go into the racing office yelling then you'll be in Doc's doghouse and you know what that means.

The whole blame lies with Doc on this issue. He and Uncle Phil are allowing these guys to get away with this. Like I said in my post above, in the past drivers were not allowed to jump off the only horse they are listed on and drive one they were not listed on.

One of two things happened here. #1..... Harmer talked to Tetrick and asked him to jump off Scott's horse to drive his horse and he did. #2.... When Harmer needed a driver Doc told Harmer " Why don't you put Tetrick up and I'll tell *** you went to the #1 horse ". Either way all three of them are scumbags for pulling this shot just like how they did it to me back in 98.

The game in Chicago can't be played without someone cheating. PERIOD !!
Evan Sabove

« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2006, 02:00:47 PM »

What is total bullshit is you guys whining like *** over this. YOU CAN'T FORCE A DRIVER TO DRIVE IF THEY DON'T WANT TO!

It doesn't matter if you named him or not!  What if the horse occasionally puts bad steps in and the driver doesn't want to risk it?  Just because the trainer or owner think the horse is safe doesn't mean the driver does.

He didn't make a late change, he made a change, period!  He didn't want to drive your horse........BIG FREAKING DEAL!  If a trainer doesn't want to train a horse for an owner, can you force him?  No you can't.

Just because you think you are the best or just because you put his name down on a sheet does not make him obligated before scratch time.

Good Grief.  What a bunch a whining babies! thumbs down
« Last Edit: August 08, 2006, 02:02:53 PM by Evan Sabove » Report to moderator   Logged
sn

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2006, 02:05:34 PM »

Your wrong GOOF!!!!

I asked him after the race if he was ok, His reply was yes!!! put some light knee boots on him and open him up a little more and they cant beat him in there!!! hes fine!!!

does that sound like a guy who dont want to drive the horse? and if he didnt want to drive him he should have got ahold of me and told me!!!

I dont know if it was Timmy or the office people. Someone was wrong.

Petro

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2006, 02:07:14 PM »

I would definitetly confront Timmy on the issue!!!!!  DOC IS A CHEATING JAGOFF!!
Dan Nance

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2006, 02:07:47 PM »

Phil,
           There are no drivers in Chicago as it is so you have to kiss the good drivers asses. If you go around yelling at them you will have 4th and 5th rate drivers driving for you all the time and then you'll win 2 out of 22 races. If you go into the racing office yelling then you'll be in Doc's doghouse and you know what that means.

The whole blame lies with Doc on this issue. He and Uncle Phil are allowing these guys to get away with this. Like I said in my post above, in the past drivers were not allowed to jump off the only horse they are listed on and drive one they were not listed on.

One of two things happened here. #1..... Harmer talked to Tetrick and asked him to jump off Scott's horse to drive his horse and he did. #2.... When Harmer needed a driver Doc told Harmer " Why don't you put Tetrick up and I'll tell *** you went to the #1 horse ". Either way all three of them are scumbags for pulling this shot just like how they did it to me back in 98.

The game in Chicago can't be played without someone cheating. PERIOD !!

P.S.
          Back in 98 when this kind of bullshit was pulled on me more then once this forum did not exist. Now, the whole country can read about the unfair, cheating nonsense that takes place in Chicago harness racing.

I commend Scott for telling everyone in the country about this and bringing this out into the open. I beleive he's fed up with the bullshit that goes on back there. When I was training back in 98 and Scott was living in Vegas I would tell him about all the nonsense that goes on. Now he's living it for himself.

Don't kiss ass or get mad SN. JUST GET EVEN !!
Evan Sabove

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2006, 02:10:44 PM »

Your wrong GOOF!!!!

I asked him after the race if he was ok, His reply was yes!!! put some light knee boots on him and open him up a little more and they cant beat him in there!!! hes fine!!!

does that sound like a guy who dont want to drive the horse? and if he didnt want to drive him he should have got ahold of me and told me!!!

I dont know if it was Timmy or the office people. Someone was wrong.

Read my post again ***.  I never said YOUR horse was dangerous.  I was using it as an example as to why you can not force a driver to drive!

dt2

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2006, 02:11:16 PM »

Evan

The fact tetrick may or may not want to drive is not the issue. The issue is rules dont apply for some but do for everyone one else. I'll bet my life if roles were reversed, doc would of had a big chuckle at Scott and wished him the best after he denied the driver change.

Dan is right, Scott is in between a rock and hard spot. He cant go crazy ( like I would do) at Doc or that howdy duty looking ***. The only thing he can do is beat harmer's horse. I hope he does just that and at the very least run him into the ground!
Evan Sabove

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2006, 02:11:31 PM »

I would definitetly confront Timmy on the issue!!!!!  DOC IS A CHEATING JAGOFF!!

How is naming off a horse cheating?  What rule did they break?  
Evan Sabove

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2006, 02:13:42 PM »

Evan

The fact tetrick may or may not want to drive is not the issue. The issue is rules dont apply for some but do for everyone one else. I'll bet my life if roles were reversed, doc would of had a big chuckle at Scott and wished him the best after he denied the driver change.

Dan is right, Scott is in between a rock and hard spot. He cant go crazy ( like I would do) at Doc or that howdy duty looking ***. The only thing he can do is beat harmer's horse. I hope he does just that and at the very least run him into the ground!

I guarentee if he puts Tetrick on every horse in his stable and it comes out on the sheet as Tetrick and Scott and his owners change their mind that night, he can go right into the judges office before scratch time and change it!
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2006, 02:14:32 PM »

How is naming off a horse cheating?  What rule did they break? 

Zero.  Although I would venture that it's not the classiest thing to do -- especially without talking to Scott first -- no rules were broken (to my knowledge).

Best,
EW

Dan Nance

« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2006, 02:15:07 PM »

What is total bullshit is you guys whining like *** over this. YOU CAN'T FORCE A DRIVER TO DRIVE IF THEY DON'T WANT TO!

It doesn't matter if you named him or not!  What if the horse occasionally puts bad steps in and the driver doesn't want to risk it?  Just because the trainer or owner think the horse is safe doesn't mean the driver does.

He didn't make a late change, he made a change, period!  He didn't want to drive your horse........BIG FREAKING DEAL!  If a trainer doesn't want to train a horse for an owner, can you force him?  No you can't.

Just because you think you are the best or just because you put his name down on a sheet does not make him obligated before scratch time.

Good Grief.  What a bunch a whining babies! thumbs down

Hey grandstand goof who doesn't undertstand the rules of racing.

If the man doesn't want to drive the horse then he should take himself off AND OUT OF THE RACE PERIOD. The rules in Chicago have always said that if you're listed on only one horse you must drive that horse.

It's not a case of being a crybaby. It's a case of being jacked over by someone. PERIOD !! Tetrick was not listed on any other horse so he should be driving Scott's horse not Harmer's who didn't list him in the first place. If I were Scott I would just scratch the horse for getting jacked around and having no driver.  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: