Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 25, 2014, 04:19:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: track announcer  (Read 1859 times)
darth vader

« on: November 27, 2005, 10:50:31 PM »

who is that bum calling the races at balmoral man does he suck  calling the wrong horses  and calling photo's  wrong  he must work cheap
Report to moderator   Logged
potrasalve

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2005, 11:34:20 AM »

That's the Dominator !!
He usually is very accurate on photo's.  bad night to see drivers colors in stretch, front of shirts totally muddy. He's okay though has a lot of enthusiasm.  He's a lot better on Balmoral Beat with Kelley than the screamer erlick.
SUPERMAN

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2005, 11:55:08 AM »

The earache was just that.

I still cant figure out the name Dominator-Hes HORRIBLE and should be called the DUMBANATOR for his HORRIBLE stretch and photo calls.

Tom Kelly is so boring I would rather scalp a potato than listen to his cackle.
TC

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2005, 12:06:18 PM »

Tom Kelly is so boring I would rather scalp a potato than listen to his cackle.
Wait until the Balmoral Christmas Party then.  I heard he does a mean "Otis Campbell lampshade routine" that brings the house down.  TC
Chitown Stan

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2005, 01:08:43 PM »

I think the Johnstons need to take a hard, long listen to Edward Williams race calls. What Chicago needs is a young up and coming star, and I think Edward would fit the bill. Nothing against "The Dominator", but he shouldn't be calling in Chicago. He is not a top flight announcer. Edward, with a little work, can be, and he is already better then Dom, Kelly, Mazzone, and Erlich.
baron

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2005, 03:08:59 PM »

Just pay Peter Gallasi what he wants and bring him back.. He was the best Balmoral announcer I can remember..
potrasalve

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2005, 03:59:21 PM »

Is there anything he cant do? You guys act like you need a hero in your lives. EW this and Ew that. And soon as they hired him he would be ripped apart like all the other announcers. Who cares who announces they get e'm right across the wire that is all that matters. The only time a gambler rips an announcer is after they throw there losing tickets down. When they win there imitating the announcer's winning call all the way home in there car.  Grin
darth vader

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2005, 09:58:48 PM »

another nice call by the dominator wands high gypsy as the winner give it up you suck try stand up
vcackerman

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2005, 10:52:44 PM »

Peter Galassi kicks ass - what's he doing these days?

Salvaro was always a good guy - but to me a 1/2 mile track is easy since they usually end up 4 in and 4 out.
Chitown Stan

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2005, 12:27:08 AM »

The Dominator did a nice job tonight in the snow. He is getting better and better as a caller too. Keep up the good work Dominic!!
potrasalve

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2005, 11:56:12 AM »

The Dominator has day's where he is exceptionally good. He can run through  through a field as quick and accurate as the best of them.  He does take chance's calling tight photo's but  I would rather hear that than earache's "was it so and so or could it have been so and so" or earaches horrible "its going to beeeeeee!!
' absolutely horrendous. Dominic does have a lot flare in his annunciation and he can make a post parade enjoyable. As fars as Galassi rocks? you have to be brain dead that guy is a sleeping pill. Mazzone sounds exciting next to him. Kelley gets overexcited on finishes and does'nt have the voice. Anyway the Dominator will be gone in April when Indy starts, and Balmoral will  probably haul in the guy who's salivating for the job the humpty dumpty look alike Bozich. With that twangy voice and then all the horseman can feel like there back home. They forget there in Chicago not at the county fair. Who wants a yokel voice from the hicks in Chicago racing anyway.
mot tdnew

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2005, 01:02:19 PM »

Well, Potra, you have to look at it like this. Is Bozich going to take the pay cut to come to Chicago? From what I have gathered talking to friends and from this website, he left a pretty good paying radio gig in Chicago to announce at Hazel, so I'm hunching that he is making more at Hazel then he would at Bal/May. Come to think of it, almost anyone would have to take a pay cut to come and announce here.

In April guys, if Dominic does leave, I say its a prime opportunity to get Edward William involved. A young up an comer that has a great chance to pick up experience. Either him or that drab from Northville!
Michigan Dale

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2005, 01:32:27 PM »

Haven't met Edward William but he seems like a decent guy and his passion is obvious.   That being said, why would anyone want to toss him into a potentially adverse (bad) situation?    Must remember this, when it comes to announcers - its not always about money - its just as much about ego and sometimes ego overshadows $$ and common sense.   Without going into great detail suffice it to say announcing and radio are two things I have a great deal more than just a little knowledge of so I know whereof I speak.   As for a radio gig paying well.......not for most.   Radio is an ego thing that pays off in limelight and the illusion of big bucks.   For a small handful it is quite lucrative but for the significant majority, radio pays very poorly.   Its somewhat akin to considering a job in Florida where they pay in 'sunshine.'   Ridiculous.  I never knew of sunshine being able to pay the bills but some people think its wonderful.   Best of luck to whomever steps up to the mic.
Chitown Stan

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2005, 01:35:59 PM »

Anyway the Dominator will be gone in April when Indy starts, and Balmoral will  probably haul in the guy who's salivating for the job the humpty dumpty look alike Bozich. With that twangy voice and then all the horseman can feel like there back home. They forget there in Chicago not at the county fair. Who wants a yokel voice from the hicks in Chicago racing anyway.

Twangy voice? Salivating for the job? Are we talking about the same guy? I think you can get a lot of people here to agree that he would be a sharp upgrade from what we had over the years. I think you must be talking about that yutz from Northville. But back to Dominic, I hope that Chicago racing comes to their senses and give this guy a raise to stay here in April. He has improved dramatically, and I was real impressed the way he called Saturday night. I couldn't even see the horses and he didn't miss a beat. I wasn't a fan of Dom's early, but he has made a believer out of me. Chicago Racing, please don't let another good announcer go.
Les Moore

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2005, 01:16:35 AM »

First of all potbrain, Edward William happens to be good and I would not be suprised to hear him calling races if he so chooses. In fact I would enjoy it. Second of all why the personal attack on Mike B from Hazel Park? Why don't you ask Hazel's managment and the fans what they think of him? I know for a fact he had no intentions of inquiring for the Balmoral job because he told me so himself. He knows the situation in Chicago. For you to get on here and call him names is disgusting. I knew him as a kid and now as a man and let me tell you something. Not only is he good for the sport he is good for the human race.
Chitown Stan

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2005, 02:34:22 AM »

Potra sounds like he has a personal agenda of some sort. Everybody has tastes in announcers, but the personal attack is uncalled for. Potra has some kind of agenda obviously.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: