Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 24, 2014, 06:58:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CAN SN WIN 2 TONIGHT?  (Read 4122 times)
Dan Nance

« on: August 03, 2006, 12:38:28 PM »

I'm looking at tonights Maywood program and I see that SN has the leading driver Tim Tetrick driving both his horses tonight.

It looks to me that SN's horses Fox Valley Clarion & Illini Monstermack can both win. Marsh decided to take the 8 horse instead of Fox Valley Clarion so SN was able to land Tetrick. The field looks like the biggest bunch of  rat'S around and Clarion's lines look pretty decent to me against these bunch of rats. I'm not at all concerned about the 29 day layoff against these dogs. Besides, I know my brother knows how to get one ready to give a top effort after a few weeks off.

I believe the Tetrick will have the lead in 2 steps with Monstermack regardless of the 7 hole. Remember, the only 2 times Monstermack had a " top driver " he won and had a big second. Now he picks up the leading driver in Chicago who can fire one out of the gate.

I think SN might win 2 tonight. What do the rest of you expert cappers out there think? 
Report to moderator   Logged
FreeLegged

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2006, 12:44:30 PM »

I ain't an expert 'Capper. In fact, I'm not one at all.
I just know 2 things:

1. I hope he does win both races.

2. I am looking forward to deviled eggs to die for.
HOOFHEARTED

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2006, 12:46:55 PM »

WILL BURN THEM BOTH OUT!!! WILL NOT FINISH IN THE TRI'S WITH EITHER ONE!!!!
vcackerman

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2006, 12:47:35 PM »

I agree with your assessment on Monstermack.   Tetrick should be able to get him to the top and either take the 1 or 2 hole trip with him.   The only question is how he will handle the half mile and can Tetrick clear the first turn.   Warren's horse on the rail went big last start and if he can change tactics this week - he'll be tough.

As for Clarion, yes he has a shot in with this bunch of garbage but the horses I like here are the horses inside of him.  Both the 3 and 4 are dropping and have some gate speed to get to the front.  If the 3 stays flat, he'd be my play.
Dan Nance

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2006, 12:52:19 PM »

WILL BURN THEM BOTH OUT!!! WILL NOT FINISH IN THE TRI'S WITH EITHER ONE!!!!

How can you burn out 2 horses that may be the best in the race and are trained by a guy who knows what he's doing?

Are you saying he's going to stiff? You say " WILL BURN THEM BOTH OUT ". That's saying to me he will not even try and rate them if he gets an easy lead. Do you know something I don't? Tell me before my money goes down.  
Dan Nance

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2006, 01:03:20 PM »

I agree with your assessment on Monstermack.   Tetrick should be able to get him to the top and either take the 1 or 2 hole trip with him.   The only question is how he will handle the half mile and can Tetrick clear the first turn.   Warren's horse on the rail went big last start and if he can change tactics this week - he'll be tough.

As for Clarion, yes he has a shot in with this bunch of garbage but the horses I like here are the horses inside of him.  Both the 3 and 4 are dropping and have some gate speed to get to the front.  If the 3 stays flat, he'd be my play.

There is no 2 hole for Monstermack with this bunch. It's the lead all the way. Nobody in this race has the gate speed Mack can exhibit. Warren's horse is a dog. 15 lifetime starts and can't win.

Mack can handle the half just fine. He's very good gated and qualified with Jacobs over the track with ease.

The 3 &4 in Clarion's race are big rats. The 4 has Larry Finn and John Roberts horse trained by the great Larry Banks only showed speed off the rail. Besides, who says Tetrick is leaving in that race? He may race from off the pace and make his move when the rest of these rats spit the bit.

I can't see these horses not being 1-2 unless they get a bad drive or get out right stiffed.

NOW WE'RE TALKING HARNESS RACING !!
vcackerman

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2006, 01:07:00 PM »

You have more faith in Clarion than I do.   I am not questioning your brother's ability as a trainer, but I think the horse is a dog.  A blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while and some night Clarion will get a perfect trip and win.   I'd be surprised if he hits the board because in a boat race like this, he'll probably end up first over or shuffled back from that hole.  He'd have been better off drawing 6 or 7 if he's coming off the pace.

The other two horses I mentioned are rats - agreed.   Roberts did win 3 last week at May so he knows how to carry a horse at that track.  He's lost on the big mile.
Dan Nance

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2006, 01:15:11 PM »

You have more faith in Clarion than I do.   I am not questioning your brother's ability as a trainer, but I think the horse is a dog.  A blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while and some night Clarion will get a perfect trip and win.   I'd be surprised if he hits the board because in a boat race like this, he'll probably end up first over or shuffled back from that hole.  He'd have been better off drawing 6 or 7 if he's coming off the pace.

The other two horses I mentioned are rats - agreed.   Roberts did win 3 last week at May so he knows how to carry a horse at that track.  He's lost on the big mile.

After looking at the horses in Clarion's race I believe this is the worst bunch of rats he's ever faced. If he can't win in here with the leading driver up then he's never going to win. He may very well be a rat but he looks like the best rat in this field of rats. I have no clue if he is going to race on the lead or off the pace. I ask no questions of my brother and I do my own capping. This may be one of the very few times this horse gets the leading driver. If he drives live I believe he has a big shot. 
« Last Edit: August 03, 2006, 01:45:09 PM by Dan Nance » Report to moderator   Logged
vcackerman

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2006, 01:18:46 PM »

After looking at the horses in Clarion's race I believe this is the worst bunch of rats he's ever face. If he can't win in here with the leading driver up then he's never going to win. He may very well be a rat but he looks like the best rat in this field of rats. I have no clue if he is going to race on the lead or off the pace. I ask no questions of my brother and I do my own capping. This may be one of the very few times this horse gets the leading driver. If he drives live I believe he has a big shot. 

Welcome to Maywood's bottom of the barrel.   Good luck today for Scott.   Should be interesting to see how it plays out.    Good talking racing for once and not other crap!
HOOFHEARTED

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2006, 01:19:36 PM »

WE WILL NO THE OUTCOME LATER ON.....GOOD LUCK!!! I WOULD NOT WAIST MY MONEY$$$
vcackerman

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2006, 01:24:55 PM »

I recommend using that money on spelling and grammar lessons.   
Dan Nance

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2006, 01:40:52 PM »

WE WILL NO THE OUTCOME LATER ON.....GOOD LUCK!!! I WOULD NOT WAIST MY MONEY$$$

Tell me hoofhearted, are you someone on the inside like maybe a driver who knows something we don't?

You sound like you know what the outcome will be before it happens. Are you saying not to bet because you think the horses have no shot or are you saying not to bet because you already know what the outcome will be?

Please answer my question on why you think Tetrick will burn both horses out. 
Dan Nance

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2006, 03:47:54 PM »

Tell me hoofhearted, are you someone on the inside like maybe a driver who knows something we don't?

You sound like you know what the outcome will be before it happens. Are you saying not to bet because you think the horses have no shot or are you saying not to bet because you already know what the outcome will be?

Please answer my question on why you think Tetrick will burn both horses out. 

Well, I guess if hoofhearted is a driver or someone on the inside he's not admitting it to me. He said that Tetrick will burn both horses out and they won't be in the tri's. We'll know if he's right in about 5 hours. 
burton

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2006, 03:49:56 PM »

Well, I guess if hoofhearted is a driver or someone on the inside he's not admitting it to me. He said that Tetrick will burn both horses out and they won't be in the tri's. We'll know if he's right in about 5 hours. 
Think positive Dan.
I hope you're not looking for an excuse before they've even raced?
Good luck to Scott tonight!
FreeLegged

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2006, 03:55:04 PM »

hey dan..just out of curiousity, what are the morning lines for these 2 tonight?
Dan Nance

« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2006, 03:57:32 PM »

Think positive Dan.

Look for an excuse? I've stated I think both can win with Tetrick driving. I'm betting win or lose because I like their chances with no inside info from SN.

I just can't understand why this person hoofhearted made the statement that Tetrick will burn both horses out and won't be in the tri's. Why would this person say such a thing? Does this person know something ahead of time for him or her to make such a statement like Tetrick is out to drive like a wildman to make sure both horses don't hit the board? I hope he just drives to win because that's all we can ask for as bettors.  
Dan Nance

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2006, 03:59:04 PM »

hey dan..just out of curiousity, what are the morning lines for these 2 tonight?

Both are 6-1. With the big driver change they both are 2-1 in my eyes.
Joe B

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2006, 04:08:39 PM »

I would question whether Monstermack can leave hard on the half.  I think he can beat that field, but I'm not sure he'll be on the lead in two steps....he seems more like a grinder to me than raw speed from the gate.....good luck with him tonight.  Joe B
Dan Nance

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2006, 04:28:03 PM »

Think positive Dan.

One other thing burton. Just remember, I don't make excuses for horses no matter who's horses they are. If a horse races like a rat then I'll say the horse raced like a rat and had no excuse. If I see a bad drive then I'll say the horse got a bad drive, as in the case when Holland got Mack put on the list. Also, if i see a down right stiff job then I'll say the driver of the horse tanked the horse stone cold.

Don't worry about me making excuses. Good luck to you tonight and do me a big favor. Bet against these horses and I hope everyone else does too so that if they do win I'll get a better price.

P.S.
        Joe B. you have an opinion about Mack getting out of the gate at Maywood and I also have my opinion about him getting the lead with no problem. We'll see what happens.

I do know one thing. If Tetrick ducks this horse against this field of non-leavers it would be criminal. 
ageecee

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2006, 04:41:54 PM »

What races are Scotts horses in?
Dan Nance

« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2006, 04:53:15 PM »

What races are Scotts horses in?

Second & Sixth. I just hope Tom ( La Bella Vita ) and Scott leave a little for us small time bettors so we can make a few bucks.

I'm betting a $100 Double 1-5 and then I'm saving with a few $20 doubles 3-5 with 5. I really don't like Holland on dead chalks but the horse looks tons the best from the rail in the 1st. I'm taking a shot on Clarion because he gets Tetrick and the field looks so bad I wouldn't know who to bet if I didn't bet on Clarion. I'm even going to make a $20 double for Nate because I know he needs the money.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2006, 04:58:55 PM by Dan Nance » Report to moderator   Logged
Buggied

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2006, 05:29:51 PM »

the obvious horse in the 2nd race  is apache rebel with a saver on avid sportsman just in case
Dan Nance

« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2006, 05:35:17 PM »

the obvious horse in the 2nd race  is apache rebel with a saver on avid sportsman just in case

OK, thanks. I'll make $30 exactas 5 with 2-6 and I'll take a $5 tri wheel 5 with 2-6 with all. I must say I can't see Apache Rebel at all. Looks to me like he can't go forward. Avid Sportsman I can give a shot too since the Q wasn't bad. 
pacerfan

« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2006, 05:41:24 PM »

OK, thanks. I'll make $30 exactas 5 with 2-6 and I'll take a $5 tri wheel 5 with 2-6 with all. I must say I can't see Apache Rebel at all. Looks to me like he can't go forward. Avid Sportsman I can give a shot too since the Q wasn't bad.

I also like the 4 sport the clown, but don't like the anchor.
You have to go "with all" Not a whole lot of driving class here.
davenchop

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2006, 05:42:06 PM »

hey nance.. watch what a difference tetrick makes on monstermack over marsh.....

HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: