Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 31, 2014, 04:16:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: my little dragon  (Read 2206 times)
dt2

Ignore
« on: November 26, 2005, 08:23:12 PM »

Wow, what a filly there!!! I guess that is the way you drive a horse that much the best, huh!
Report to moderator   Logged
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2005, 09:07:45 PM »

Wow, what a filly there!!! I guess that is the way you drive a horse that much the best, huh!

Seems like she doesn't even know how fast she is yet...VERY impressive.

Best,
EW

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
dt2

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2005, 09:23:00 PM »

EW

you got that right. she set the track record tonight, i wonder how much she would of lowered it with something on her. Darling's delight is by no means a slouch and she just opened up on her!

Dan Nance

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2005, 10:33:13 PM »

Andy Miller just can't get the job done against the " Big Boys " when it comes down to the big cash. Once he goes to the whip he's beat for sure.
dt2

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2005, 10:41:21 PM »

Dan

I thought he didn't have much choice with the way that outer flow was shaping up but to got to the front. I thought he did a poor job once he got there in not rating her a little better. And IMO, he has never been able to keep one alive very well.

Dan Nance

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2005, 10:42:51 PM »

Jereme's Jet looks like he's on the left line a little scoring down to me. I guess we'll find out in about 2 minutes.
Dan Nance

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2005, 10:49:20 PM »

Jereme's Jet looks like he's on the left line a little scoring down to me. I guess we'll find out in about 2 minutes.

He had his head cocked to the left the whole mile but he's a monster!!!!!! Harmer deserves the credit.
dt2

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2005, 10:49:41 PM »

Dan

You were rightlast week. harmer would have him ready tonight! Too bad andy didn't give restive a trip like that
Dan Nance

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2005, 10:59:46 PM »

Dan

You were rightlast week. harmer would have him ready tonight! Too bad andy didn't give restive a trip like that

I don't understand why Harmer wasn't out there with the horse for a big race like that. If I trained that colt I would be there for the race.

I'll bet Joe (the knife) is steaming that he wasn't training the horse. Does Joe deserve the credit for developing the horse? When did Harmer get the horse? 
dt2

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2005, 11:09:37 PM »

Dan

Are you kidding!!!! Not only would I be there, but I would be the one on the ground with the paramedic's around me.

I don't know when Harmer got him, but you can bet Anderson is 4 shades of pissed off! Serves the son of a *** right. he *** so many chicago horsemen since his arrival, it is about time he starts getting was he has coming!!!!!!!!
Dan Nance

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2005, 11:15:20 PM »

Say what you want but Brett Pelling is one of the best horseman to ever come along. He learned so much from his dad too.

The sport is losing another great horseman now that he is retiring.
dt2

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2005, 11:24:01 PM »

Dan

You defiantly cant knock Pelling's numbers!!! He gets it done in every arena, from 2 year old trotting fillies to 10k claimers. I think he has the most consistant stable from top to bottom than anyone!
Dan Nance

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2005, 11:33:45 PM »

Dan

You defiantly cant knock Pelling's numbers!!! He gets it done in every arena, from 2 year old trotting fillies to 10k claimers. I think he has the most consistant stable from top to bottom than anyone!

I give him all the credit in the world because of what he has accomplished and the fact that he did it being the son of Brian Pelling who was labled in the business as a race fixer. Brian Pelling was a very smart horseman and he tought Brett most of what he knows and don't think he hasn't.

Was that Brian in the winners circle with the white hair for his son's finale BC?   
njhorseman

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2005, 01:11:25 AM »

He had his head cocked to the left the whole mile but he's a monster!!!!!! Harmer deserves the credit.

The horse was nearly scratched. On Friday he had to have one of his hocks drained. That's why he was on one line.
sn

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2005, 01:18:08 AM »

Paul, you can bet your book that they didnt just "Tap" that hock, they also through a little "Serapin" in there to get him through to race!!!!

A good horse is a good horse!!!!
race track phil

« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2005, 02:43:56 AM »

Paul, you can bet your book that they didnt just "Tap" that hock, they also through a little "Serapin" in there to get him through to race!!!!

A good horse is a good horse!!!!
      he had a lot of swelling ! some woman vet gave him some antibiotics to get the swelling down just before he went to the detention barn . the horse has had a lot of problems ! big heart though .   RTP
njhorseman

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2005, 12:44:57 PM »

A good horse is a good horse!!!!      he had a lot of swelling ! some woman vet gave him some antibiotics to get the swelling down just before he went to the detention barn . the horse has had a lot of problems ! big heart though .   RTP

That wasn't just "some woman vet," it was Dr. Patty Hogan (aka Mrs. Ed Lohmeyer), one of the best and most famous racehorse vets in the country.

dt2

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2005, 02:30:57 PM »

Dan

I think that was Brian, but it has been years since I last saw him. No doubt Brett had a hell of a teacher in his father. And you are right on the money--Brett was tagged from the beginning. But, being able to learn from his father was a fair trade off in my opinion.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: