Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 25, 2014, 02:46:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: buy in contest update  (Read 4111 times)
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2005, 12:58:38 AM »

I do agree with one point you make -  John Franks is my hero Grin Cheesy Cheesy

His name is John Frank. No S. This is your hero, get it right. Only those harness forum characters mix up his name with the trainer of a similar sounding name. Are you a harness forum character?
Report to moderator   Logged
robertv

« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2005, 08:53:03 AM »

His name is John Frank. No S. This is your hero, get it right. Only those harness forum characters mix up his name with the trainer of a similar sounding name. Are you a harness forum character?

I've known John for about 10 years, as one of his good friends calling him
Franks has been an inside joke between us for years.
Oh I forgot you probably don't have many friends.......

The thoroughbred/harnesss characters debate - quite frankly I find the majority of either
type of gambler to be somewhat uneducated and usually broke. Of course being a bit more
intelligent than the average gambler I only play the thoroughbreds.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2005, 09:40:17 PM by robertv » Report to moderator   Logged
APCD Dan

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2005, 09:15:15 PM »

Ashton John said:

>>>well no surprise once again when something negative is said about the thorne somebody steps up to defend LOL<<<<

Horse Voice said:

>>>>well, you are just pissin' and moaning about nothing, and your excuse for not entering the contest is merely a paper tiger -- that was my point. Hawthorne needed no defense from your weak argument.<<<<

APCD Dan said:

>>>I think John considers himself more of a horseman than a gambler.  His interest seems to be more with the horses, trainers, and jockeys.  Like me, John seems to bring out the inferiority complex in the Hawthorne supporters, who then reply with mean-spirited comments like the above. <<<<<

Horse Voice replied:

>>>>Dan, either you can't read for comprehension, or you are deliberately fanning the flames of the pro vs. anti-Hawthorne debate in the most specious way imaginable. This isn't about Hawthorne, per se, and once again: Hawthorne needs no defense here; as others have pointed out -- had you read any of the other replies besides mine -- other venues, including your beloved Arlington Park, have hosted tournaments in which multiple entries were allowed.

Nor is it mean-spirited for me to take you to task for your ill-informed attack on me -- I'd expect better from a retired school teacher. Pretty weak sauce, IMO.<<<

I picked up a deeper comprehension of using the argument on contest entries for a disguised attack on Ashton John, based on his first reply.  He was not "just pissin' and moaning about nothing" with a "weak argument" as he talked about a one for one contest.  Your reply to him was a little stronger than just a debate on the number of contest entries.

Ashton John can defend himself, but it was an automatic response from this "retired school teacher" to break up your bullying tactics.  I am not a handicapper or contest player, but I agree with the one entry only limit.  Make your single choice and live with it.  That shows you know or don't know what you are doing.  Otherwise, you might as well be in a Bingo game, playing multiple cards.  Oh, the one entry only limit should apply to all contests at all tracks, now is that fanning any flames?
Horse Voice

« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2005, 10:05:28 PM »

I picked up a deeper comprehension of using the argument on contest entries for a disguised attack on Ashton John, based on his first reply.  He was not "just pissin' and moaning about nothing" with a "weak argument" as he talked about a one for one contest.  Your reply to him was a little stronger than just a debate on the number of contest entries.

A "disguised attack on Ashton John"? Please stop with the histrionics. Your "comprehension" isn't the only thing that's getting deeper around here. 

I asked Ashton a simple question in *my* first reply to him, which, to my bewilderment, he turned into me defending Hawthorne. (He must have that "deeper comprehension" thing, too, having read something into my post that simply was not there.)

My second response was a little stronger, yes -- a known debate tactic -- in an attempt to draw an answer out of him after he ducked it the first time with his bizarre "well no surprise once again when something negative is said about the thorne somebody steps up to defend" comment. 

Ashton John can defend himself

Yeah, he can -- where is he?

but it was an automatic response from this "retired school teacher" to break up your bullying tactics.

What a pile of crap that is, Dan. You didn't read the whole thread the first time through what with your haste to take a shot at me; now, to save face, you say that you did so to "break up [my] bullying tactics". 

What subject did you teach, Dan -- Revisionist History?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2005, 12:30:03 AM by Horse Voice » Report to moderator   Logged
g3tPWNed_24

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2005, 04:09:09 PM »

ive played in 1 buy in contest horse@hawthorne horse voice and that was last year. i believe the top 3 in that 1 all had 3 entries. alotta people here know and respect my handicapping ability and ive done well in other contests like finishing 3rd in one that had over 10k people in it and went for multiple weeks. i dont think it matters whether ive been in 50 of em or 0 the bottom line is the contest is unfair. i wouldnt feel good winning the entry to vegas and even the money if i had 3 entries and beat a bunch of people with a single 1. again you have no advantages over your opponents in the final round so why have em in the qualifyers? i wasnt ducking any of your questions, i pretty much think they were all answered in my previous statements. i dont know if you were trying to inslut my knowledge or ability but hey if youre free sometime and wanna meet up with me at the track and have a heads up contest for money im game.

thanks dan but hell say or do anything to justify his side of the debate. hell next time i go play a poker tournament ill ask if you pay triple the entry fee can you start with 3x the chips.....not like id need em Wink
Thomas Graham

« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2005, 12:43:01 AM »

John:

I don't like multiple-entry contests either, but the contest itself is not unfair.  The only way it would be unfair is let's say I am ALLOWED to buy 3 entries but your are NOT ALLOWED to buy three entries, than it was unfair.

The Hawthorne contest (which had a max of two this year) allowed ANYONE the opportunity to buy two.  If one chose not to make the additional investment, that was his/her choice.

That is not unfair.

TJG
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: