Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 22, 2014, 11:03:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OT: And now ladies and gentlemen, a proclamation!  (Read 516 times)
LV_GaryD
Highly Unesteemed Former Horseman

Ignore
« on: August 01, 2006, 12:39:45 AM »

Your 2006 Cleveland Indians have folded. Quit. Given up. Ceased caring.

I used to groom a decent $20,000 claimer/open horse named Majestic Creed. He could pace faster off the gate than any horse I've seen before or since. His trouble was the last 1/16 of a mile. No matter how fast or slow he got to the 3/4 pole, he walked home the last 1/16.

The difference between Majestic Creed and the Indians? He tried like hell till the last 1/16. The Indians spit the bit at the quarter pole. The one thing they have in common: a severe case of commonitis.
Report to moderator   Logged
micha goss

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 12:44:05 AM »

Once they changed pitchers for the 9th inning i knew they were done.

How do you walk a nobody where you can't get the ball over the plate and then when Ortiz comes up you find a way to put one RIGHTDOWNTHEMIDDLE.

Indians are a joke, they won't beat Boston once in this series.
vegas jay

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006, 01:12:23 AM »

Your 2006 Cleveland Indians have folded. Quit. Given up. Ceased caring.

I used to groom a decent $20,000 claimer/open horse named Majestic Creed. He could pace faster off the gate than any horse I've seen before or since. His trouble was the last 1/16 of a mile. No matter how fast or slow he got to the 3/4 pole, he walked home the last 1/16.

The difference between Majestic Creed and the Indians? He tried like hell till the last 1/16. The Indians spit the bit at the quarter pole. The one thing they have in common: a severe case of commonitis.

Gary:

Here's a possible solution to the Indians' perseverance problems.....just change trainers. Hire a harness racing "juiceman" to treat the players and watch what happens!  Wink
LV_GaryD
Highly Unesteemed Former Horseman

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2006, 01:20:27 AM »

Jay, Belcher and his paper trainers certainly have the wherewithal to get that band of stoppingĀ  rat s home, and he's right there in Hudson, Ohio. Maybe they should make Belcher manager??? Or Walter Case when he gets out...maybe Walter could kick them in the ass a few times to wake them up!

This is worse than the 70s and 80s. This team was supposed to be good...

thumbs down thumbs down thumbs down rat rat rat
« Last Edit: August 01, 2006, 01:22:35 AM by LV_GaryD » Report to moderator   Logged
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2006, 01:20:51 AM »

Gary:

Here's a possible solution to the Indians' perseverance problems.....just change trainers. Hire a harness racing "juiceman" to treat the players and watch what happens!  Wink

People might get tipped off if Victor Martinez starts stealing four bases a game!    Cheesy

Best,
EW

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
vegas jay

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2006, 01:56:39 AM »

Jay, Belcher and his paper trainers certainly have the wherewithal to get that band of stopping  rat s home, and he's right there in Hudson, Ohio. Maybe they should make Belcher manager??? Or Walter Case when he gets out...maybe Walter could kick them in the ass a few times to wake them up!

This is worse than the 70s and 80s. This team was supposed to be good...

thumbs down thumbs down thumbs down rat rat rat

Gary:

Misery loves company...you love your Indians and I love my beloved Cubbies. I don't know if yoiu were around in 1954, but I'm sure you know that was the year when Cleveland set an American League record with 111 victories (in a 154-game season) but got swept in four straight in the World Series by the N.Y. Giants. A bitter and certainly unexpected disappointment, to be sure.

Then, in 1997, your team battled into the 11th inning of the seventh and final game of the World Series before losing a heartbreaker to the Florida Marlins. Another heartbreak for Cleveland fans.

Yet, perhaps foolishly, I can still take heart and have hope for my team---and I believe you can, too---when you look at the dramatic turnaround of the Detroit Tigers.

Going into this season, the Tigers had endured 12 straight losing years! Just three years ago they lost 119 games (one short of the '62 Mets' all-time major league record for losses)---but now they have the best record in baseball, by plenty (70-35). They are on a current pace to win 108 games!

Based on very recent history, how unlikely was the Tigers' turnaround? Highly. But they made dramatic changes in their organization, beginning at the top and moving completely throughout their roster of players. I think the Indians and Cubs need to do likewise.

But IF they do, imminent improvement becomes a realistic prognosis.The Tigers have shown how quickly and dramatically a team's fortunes can change for the better.

The only question is whether the ownership of the Indians and Cubs have the guts to rid themselves of those who fail to produce in the front office and on the field.

The Tigers' ownership had the guts. Chances look good they'll get the glory, too.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: