Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 24, 2014, 11:15:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Roger Hammer Head get out of the race bike and into the old folks home  (Read 1559 times)
BOBBY ORR

Ignore
« on: July 30, 2006, 05:14:41 PM »

I understand they guy has made some great horses but he must cost himself and owners about a million dollars a year in purse money with those just get a check drives. If you put up a top driver on some of those trotters the Swedes wouldn't be having a 5-some in the winners circle during every trot stake. Roger Hammer should be playing bingo at the old folks home instead of teaching all his horses to have pace or trot past the wire. What is wrong with this guy ?

Bobby Orr
Report to moderator   Logged
FreeLegged

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2006, 05:21:11 PM »

If they are his horses or if the owners want him to drive, what business is it of yours? I recall on hambo day when he was interviewed he said "I told the group for the hambeltonian that we'd get a catch driver and I was told NO WAY..you're the driver"

so, why do you care ? if you are betting him and losing $..stop betting him.
Otherwise, you have zero clue and it is none of your business if he drives or not.
BOBBY ORR

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2006, 05:25:17 PM »

Go put on your trotting hopples and run around the infield you goof !!

Bobby
FreeLegged

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2006, 05:27:25 PM »

Bobby

good answer and just what I expected. You have no clue and couldnt answer why it is such a concern to you whether he drives or not.

My only other question for you before I put you on permanent ignore is: are you 15 yrs old or do you just have that mentality?
silence

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2006, 05:28:00 PM »

Bobby
and stop at the infield lake and soak your head.double goof.good post bobby orr.
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2006, 05:39:54 PM »

If they are his horses or if the owners want him to drive, what business is it of yours? I recall on hambo day when he was interviewed he said "I told the group for the hambeltonian that we'd get a catch driver and I was told NO WAY..you're the driver"

Otherwise, you have zero clue and it is none of your business if he drives or not.

Correct.  Between his partners and talking to Mal Burroughs, he decided to stay up.

It's up to him, and as a gambler, I simply adjust.  However, as a fan, I'd like to see the horse at his full potential, and I believe that a catch driver could possibly do more.  At the same time, it's up to the connections (which RH is a part of), and if they go with Roger, more power to them -- I'm sure they're having a ball with this horse regardless...

Best,
EW

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
silence

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2006, 05:45:33 PM »

Correct.  Between his partners and talking to Mal Burroughs, he decided to stay up.

It's up to him, and as a gambler, I simply adjust.  However, as a fan, I'd like to see the horse at his full potential, and I believe that a catch driver could possibly do more.  At the same time, it's up to the connections (which RH is a part of), and if they go with Roger, more power to them -- I'm sure they're having a ball with this horse regardless...

Best,
EW
what?correct me if i'm wrong,but vivid photo has made more in 3 years of racing then you made your entire life.no job,no dollar,and you have to split up barn to wire profits with the other goofs tc,nance,and dakuris.hope that nerd eric doesn't have a cut too.haha.what a fabulous site.save me a trip to the dentist's chair to get the same feeling as reading any of you goofs.haha.vivid photo's full potential is to keep making  dollar for as long as roger the dodger wants to keep him racing.keep knocking other millionaires silly sob.haha.duncan price for ihha president.
FreeLegged

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2006, 05:56:51 PM »

EW-

thanks for your gentleman-like response. (as you always do)

however here is the one line where you kind of lose this argument (not that its an argument,pal)

However, as a fan, I'd like to see the horse at his full potential, and I believe that a catch driver could possibly do more.

these guys have paid for this privilege either monetarily or through sweat equity and they can damn well do whatever they please.it is not my business nor is it yours. Could a catch driver have done better on hambo day? ABSOLUTELY NO WAY. IMPOSSIBLE.
The only thing that could've been altered is a cacth driver could've driven him off his feet by being whip-happy or too aggressive.

my point being..-and I wouldnt know any of them if I tripped over them- but these guys are racing horses the old fashioned way...there are more deserving people to be ripped apart than this connection.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2006, 06:00:09 PM by FreeLegged » Report to moderator   Logged
silver

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2006, 06:08:14 PM »

You want a talk about catch driver. how bout choclatier in the hambo. He might win anyway.
njhorseman

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2006, 06:31:29 PM »

Actually, Hammer asked Cat Manzi to drive Vivid Photo in the Hambletonian before the eliminations were raced, and Cat was the one who convinced Roger that he could drive himself and still win. Considering how badly Cat wants to win a Hambletonian, it was a great gesture on his part.

There is no group of owners. The horse is owned by Hammer and his regular partner Todd Schadel, and has been all along.

I do agree that it's nobody's business but the owner's who drives the horse.
MWG

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2006, 06:57:19 PM »

EW-

thanks for your gentleman-like response. (as you always do)

however here is the one line where you kind of lose this argument (not that its an argument,pal)

However, as a fan, I'd like to see the horse at his full potential, and I believe that a catch driver could possibly do more.

these guys have paid for this privilege either monetarily or through sweat equity and they can damn well do whatever they please.it is not my business nor is it yours. Could a catch driver have done better on hambo day? ABSOLUTELY NO WAY. IMPOSSIBLE.
The only thing that could've been altered is a cacth driver could've driven him off his feet by being whip-happy or too aggressive.

my point being..-and I wouldnt know any of them if I tripped over them- but these guys are racing horses the old fashioned way...there are more deserving people to be ripped apart than this connection.

My sentiments exactly. Having followed the Hammers, Roger and father, Clay, for 30+ years, I congratulate them and Todd Schadel for the success of Vivid Photo. He has provided both a lifetime of earnings and what more fun could Roger have, at age 61, to co-own, train, and drive a Hambletonian winner and, now, one of the best older trotters, in the nation. Talk about a satisfying ego trip.Too, if my memory is not lost, Vivid Photo is a gelding, and, unlike many of his competitors, his potential does not need to be hiked or hyped as any future potential lies in his longevity in racing or if I had owned him "my lifelong indoor pet and best friend". Bettors need to factor into their considerations the fact that Hammer needs not to punish this horse each race for a certain result. To the contrary, as evidenced by the Crown race, where speculation was Vivid was not at the top of his game, I believe Vivid Photo is a potential threat every race Hammer chooses and that some of his best races may still lie ahead when the current champs may have peaked due to the stress of the schedule and the use of cathch-drivers.
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2006, 07:28:29 PM »

I couldn't agree more.  I was pretty thrilled to see Roger win the Hambo -- straight up "old school."

As a "fan," I want big miles, and you can't help but wonder what Sears, Pierce, etc would've done on a horse like this, right?  It's kind of an internal fight -- I like to see Roger driving him, but you always have those questions in the back of your mind...

Best,
EW

casemania

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2006, 07:32:56 PM »

Best,
EW
MAL BURROUGHS!! NOW THERES SOMEONE YOU SHOULD GO TO FOR DRIVING ADVICE! JUST ANOTHER PART TIME OLD GOOF WHO DON TKNOW WHICH WAY IS UP!!!!
FER CHRISSAKES..........HE SO OLD HE HELPED BULID THE DAMN MEADOWLANDS!!!!!!! TRUE STORY!!
HERES MAL------------------------------------------> geezer
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2006, 07:35:42 PM »

MAL BURROUGHS!! NOW THERES SOMEONE YOU SHOULD GO TO FOR DRIVING ADVICE! JUST ANOTHER PART TIME OLD GOOF WHO DON TKNOW WHICH WAY IS UP!!!!
FER CHRISSAKES..........HE SO OLD HE HELPED BULID THE DAMN MEADOWLANDS!!!!!!! TRUE STORY!!

He won the Hambo.  I hope I can be that much of an "old goof" someday!

Best,
EW

FreeLegged

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2006, 07:36:03 PM »

you kill me...if i didnt think you were doin stuff all in fun, then I'd be mad.

Grin
casemania

« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2006, 07:38:02 PM »

you kill me...if i didnt think you were doin stuff all in fun, then I'd be mad.

Grin
I AM JUST TELLING IT LIKE IT IS AND HOW IT SHOULD BE!!!!
FreeLegged

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2006, 07:39:39 PM »

yeah you'll get a 

Grin
njhorseman

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2006, 10:21:42 PM »

He won the Hambo.  I hope I can be that much of an "old goof" someday!

Best,
EW

EW:
I've often said that I'm only jealous of one person in the world...Mal Burroughs.

An amateur driver/owner winning the sport's biggest race...if only it could have been me! I always fantasize being 3rd over at the head of the lane, tipping my horse off his cover, calling out to him and giving the right wheel disk a crack with the whip...after which I tuck it away and hand drive my colt to victory!

Pretty good for a guy who never did more than jog a horse.  Grin
race track phil

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2006, 12:32:36 AM »

ROGER HAMMER !       If roger wants to drive his horse thats his business , naturally racing fans like myself would love to see sears or pierce jump aboard ! what really cracked me up was roger had his arm up with the whip like he was going to hit the horse ! he had it up and cocked like he was threatening to hit the horse ! finally roger unleashed ! after the wire or at the worst on the wire ! did'nt anybody catch that ? I dont laugh too much but it was hilarious check out the replay .          geezer      RTP
off stride

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2006, 12:37:30 AM »

we saw that also rtp ..he had that whip way in the air..almost behind his head ..looked as if he was afraid to hit him...wether he feared going off stride or not ..dont know..but his timing of using the whip left a lot to be desired...what you and i saw was too late...way to late...it looked as if that race was his for the pickin
mgriffin

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2006, 06:35:18 AM »

The guy stinks.
He has a great horse and had the perfect trip and he could not get the job done.
That whole whip thing at the wire was pathetic and shameful

I agree that he has the right to drive his horse.
Even Jim Doherty came to fruition and let Jacky Mo drive Fool's Goal.
Mo got even more out of that horse that Jim ever could.
Remember that one people.

Roger, I am sure you are a nice guy and great with the horses, but if you are reading this, please give it up to a guy like Brennan or whoever else. You won the Hambo and it was a great story.
Time to move onto other young trotters.

MG-- flag
BOBBY ORR

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2006, 02:26:03 PM »

ROGER HAMMER !       If roger wants to drive his horse thats his business , naturally racing fans like myself would love to see sears or pierce jump aboard ! what really cracked me up was roger had his arm up with the whip like he was going to hit the horse ! he had it up and cocked like he was threatening to hit the horse ! finally roger unleashed ! after the wire or at the worst on the wire ! did'nt anybody catch that ? I dont laugh too much but it was hilarious check out the replay .          geezer      RTP

I just wanted to thank rtp and offstride because they watched the same thing I did on Saturday. Hammers horse with anybody else would have went right by Sears way before the wire. Sears did look good beating a blind man who should not be in the bike ever. There are some people on here that just don't get it. With Hammer off your looking at the best horse by far and the best horse means about $300,000 more in purse money. Who cares what they make breeding the horse later on they still lost tons with his terrible blind as a bat chicken shit drives. The best horses should be driven by the best drivers when your going for the mola.

Bobby
njhorseman

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2006, 03:19:42 PM »

I just wanted to thank rtp and offstride because they watched the same thing I did on Saturday. Hammers horse with anybody else would have went right by Sears way before the wire. Sears did look good beating a blind man who should not be in the bike ever. There are some people on here that just don't get it. With Hammer off your looking at the best horse by far and the best horse means about $300,000 more in purse money. Who cares what they make breeding the horse later on they still lost tons with his terrible blind as a bat chicken shit drives. The best horses should be driven by the best drivers when your going for the mola.

Bobby

First of all, Vivid Photo is a gelding, so they're not going to make a dime breeding the horse! Second, the difference between winning and finishing second in that race was $200,000. Third, it's no one's business other than the owner's who drives the horse.
BOBBY ORR

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2006, 03:39:41 PM »

This coming from a guy who I believe wrote a book about harness racing, correct me if I am wrong here ? You know dam well if you owned this trotter you would be sitting in the barn everyday begging Roger Hammer to let you put up a top driver. If you have half and I mean just half a brain you know he has cost this horse maybe close to a million dollars with his defensive drives because he is the best but not with Hammer head. But because he does everybody wants to feel sorry because the old man still gets good checks. Do you see Irv Miller or the swedes putting up father time to drive. NO ! And that why they win the big one. I dont care if he owns trains and sleeps with the horse he has cost the horse, owners, betting public from this horse winning. And since hes a gelding, my mistake its even more of a reason for him to sit in his rocking chair and watch.

Just remember this : "When you're a winner you're always happy, but if you're happy as a loser you'll always be a loser

You and Hammer are both losers

Bobby
njhorseman

« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2006, 06:23:49 PM »

This coming from a guy who I believe wrote a book about harness racing, correct me if I am wrong here ? You know dam well if you owned this trotter you would be sitting in the barn everyday begging Roger Hammer to let you put up a top driver. If you have half and I mean just half a brain you know he has cost this horse maybe close to a million dollars with his defensive drives because he is the best but not with Hammer head. But because he does everybody wants to feel sorry because the old man still gets good checks. Do you see Irv Miller or the swedes putting up father time to drive. NO ! And that why they win the big one. I dont care if he owns trains and sleeps with the horse he has cost the horse, owners, betting public from this horse winning. And since hes a gelding, my mistake its even more of a reason for him to sit in his rocking chair and watch.

Just remember this : "When you're a winner you're always happy, but if you're happy as a loser you'll always be a loser

You and Hammer are both losers

Bobby

Right. If I owned the horse I'd insist on a catch driver. But, I don't own the horse, Hammer and Todd Schadel do, so it's their call, not mine.

No one is forcing anyone to bet the horse. If you don't like the driver, don't bet the horse.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: