Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 23, 2014, 01:43:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PRETTY GOOD EDWARD  (Read 1338 times)
race track phil

« on: November 25, 2005, 01:46:58 PM »

well I just listened to edwards race call ! without much experience edward is better than most annoucers calling today . its hard to believe , but in my opinion he could send his race calling tape to a track that needs an announcer and I would bet he gets the job . although I'm sure edward has a better future than an announcer . but I was impressed and I've heard them all . he did'nt fumble his words and chose his words correctly without any blabber of meaningless comments . your alright young man ! those of you that read this should check it out . just read the vegas downs thread and look for edward . again good job . takes some nerve too !     RTP
Report to moderator   Logged
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2005, 04:39:52 PM »

well I just listened to edwards race call ! without much experience edward is better than most annoucers calling today . its hard to believe , but in my opinion he could send his race calling tape to a track that needs an announcer and I would bet he gets the job . although I'm sure edward has a better future than an announcer . but I was impressed and I've heard them all . he did'nt fumble his words and chose his words correctly without any blabber of meaningless comments . your alright young man ! those of you that read this should check it out . just read the vegas downs thread and look for edward . again good job . takes some nerve too !     RTP

Thanks for the kind words, Phil!  I hope you and everyone else had a lovely Thanksgiving.

For anyone that wants to listen, here are the links Phil was talking about:
http://media.putfile.com/Red-Mile-Race-Call
http://media.putfile.com/You-Bet-Leg-One-Call

Have a great Friday!

Best,
EW

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
BIG FAN

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2005, 04:46:00 PM »

You have a future in harness racing .Hopefully harness racing has a future!!!
« Last Edit: November 25, 2005, 04:47:33 PM by BIG FAN » Report to moderator   Logged
Kenneth J. Chadwick

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2005, 05:30:12 PM »

Ed:

Good call.  You have potential.

Kenneth J. Chadwick

It's a Wonderful Life, let's live every moment like its your last.
Matchtown

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2005, 12:29:26 AM »

good calls........... very descriptive
John Doe

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2005, 03:08:04 AM »

Edward:

Better than anyone, I mean anyone Chicago has had in the last 15 years. You have a future in announcing and should consider applying for that position. Just stay away from Chicago because you know what your friend Scott had to endure here. Good luck to you and I am very impressed.

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras
(A UNLV Runnin Rebel For Life)

AND NOW, HERE ARE YOUR UNLV 1990 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS:
                       GREG ANTHONY
                       ANDERSON HUNT
                       MOSES SCURRY
                       STACEY AUGMON
                       LARRY JOHNSON
THE BEST COACH EVER, JERRY "TARK" TARKANIAN
THIS IS HEAVEN
PM COUNSELOR

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2005, 09:51:09 PM »

I didn't hear the race call, but if both RTP and Joe Dakuras give their approvals, I have to believe it.  Like Joe wrote, try to stay away from Chicago race-calling if you decide to go that route.  How could I listen to that call?

pm counselor
Dan Nance

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2005, 09:53:58 PM »

I didn't hear the race call, but if both RTP and Joe Dakuras give their approvals, I have to believe it.  Like Joe wrote, try to stay away from Chicago race-calling if you decide to go that route.  How could I listen to that call?

pm counselor

The link is under the Vegas thread.
Chitown Stan

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2005, 11:51:10 PM »

Edward,

Tremendous call, and you are better I think then Scott. I don't know why you guys overrate Scott here. Sure he is an OK announcer, but that is certainly the extent of it. At times he sounds confused and boring. And when he does get excited, he sounds like he is overdoing it. Keep up the great work Edward, hope to hear you calling somewhere soon.
nextbonus

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2005, 04:26:30 AM »

You are already better than 98.6% of the announcers out there in terms of overall quality.

Each of us has unique tastes.  You can't please everyone.  But I sincerely think that both calls are superior.  Smooth cadence, excellent diction, appropriate inflection based on what was happening.  Very descriptive without being "wordy."  Nice going!

My only criticism is so minor that I debated even mentioning it.  And I admit that if I had been watching the race while listening to the call, I may not have even noticed.  But in the Red Mile race you describe a horse as having a "several length lead."

I believe you need to quantify all numeric values during the course of a race.  The term "several" is too vague.  I have owned several racehorses.  Race Track Phil has several pairs of shoes and boots.  Chicago's racetrack management has made several mistakes.

Get the picture?  Use a concrete number even if it's an estimate.

Keep up the great work!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: