Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 23, 2014, 10:10:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Question:  (Read 906 times)
edwarren

« on: November 26, 2005, 05:52:49 PM »

Do you think betting $200 exactas, average say $1000 per race, range of say $400-$2000 per race, would skew the pools at an "A" track?

At a "B" track?

At a "C" track?

BTW is a good forum and I will respect your opinion (so long as ya don't be effing wid me, of course.)

What do you think?

Report to moderator   Logged
Thomas Graham

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2005, 06:27:09 PM »

I'll use pool size (my estimates as I am not going back to to look it up) as determining A vs. B vs. C

"A" track (SoCal, NY, Kee, CD, GP) --- definitely NOT (pools in well into six figures nearly all the time)

"B" track (IL, NoCal, Turfway, Calder, Pim except Preakness, Mth except big weekends) --- probably not (pools around the $100k mark, maybe a little less)

"C" tracks (anything else other than obvious A's and B's I've inavertantly omitted) --- probably
edwarren

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2005, 07:24:45 PM »

I think so too. Same same.
David

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2005, 08:23:36 PM »

Yes to all 3 classes of tracks, obviously to a lesser extent on A than B than C.

Alot depends on the level of exacta you are playing - if you are looking to grind out 15 dollar exactas the effect will not be as great as if you are looking at 60 dollar exactas. There is plenty of software to analysis this live with the tote feed if you are serious about playing this way.

With a 100,000 pool, (even when figuring in your 1,000 in added bets) a 200 dollar bet on the winning 15 dollar exacta would cost you maybe .20, on a 60 dollar exacta close to 4 dollars, on a 100 exacta it would cost you about 10 bucks. With longer shots these numbers go up real quck, as well at any track with smaller pools than that 100,000 that Haw is typicaly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: