Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 18, 2014, 06:55:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pacific Classic  (Read 948 times)
runninfool

Ignore
« on: August 23, 2014, 07:46:40 PM »

Interesting race...this group has beaten up on each other throughout the year.   I think Game on Dude is a great play, especially if he 3/1 or better.  Baffert is sneaky that way....But is Shared Belief really going to get the money?  Thoughts??

Report to moderator   Logged
honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 08:16:35 PM »

Depends if you think they will burn up Dude on the front like last time.

"There are no $7500 maiden claimers, state-bred or otherwise, at Arlington."
Trainer Rusty

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 08:52:25 PM »

The mcpeek runner has scratched.  Jungle Racing's charge moves one in from the outside.
CLOCKERbiggestal

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2014, 10:25:28 AM »

Toast of new york is the hoss to beat.

The hoss can motor over the poly.

clocker biggestal

Kickers beat one-pacers almost every time.
Secretariat

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2014, 12:55:22 PM »

it seems in CA, these big races end up with the2 fav running 2,3

shared belief looks remarkable on Tv..the 2 year old eclipse winner.
and Dude is , Dude..

I think 1 of these 2 will be in the super, maybe 2..

imagine the payouts if both where out of the money..or they ran 3,4...

the money here might be...who can defeat either of them for an exacta spot, and maybe the win, the show horse is the easiest "2 to 1" show payout

ala, the travers, yesterday - who likes and has winS on the track, especially a win in this 2014 meet, AND can run all 10f.

what you betting here is wether or not these 2 will or will not be ITM
you cannot cover many others in a tri, if both of theses are in the tri, and its 8 dollar payout on 2 dollar ticket...so you have to expand and hope for one or both out of the money to get any return.

if you box 3 in the $1 exacta for 6 bucks..the payout for the exacta will be about 6 bucks, probably less an the even money co favs

so you have to bet that one or both of these are out of the money..
for big pay day..

so ..include just those 2 for an easy 2 dollars out 6 dollars in, 2 to 1 return..

or expand, and win big, or loose big if it is a 1,2 victory for the favs..thats the wager ...will they both be in ITM or not..if they are, the payout will not cover ticket expansion, but ticket expansion will pay big, becasue 1 or 2 will be outof the money...the riddle...the enigma of horse wagering.

Certified Derbytologist
Secretariat

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2014, 01:08:38 PM »

so then the question is..

if one of these 2 doesn't win..

who can HuhHuhHuhHuh?

Certified Derbytologist
FishHack76

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2014, 08:02:30 PM »

Impressive showing from Shared Belief. Hope to see him in the BC Classic.
HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2014, 02:37:23 AM »

it seems in CA, these big races end up with the2 fav running 2,3

shared belief looks remarkable on Tv..the 2 year old eclipse winner.
and Dude is , Dude..

I think 1 of these 2 will be in the super, maybe 2..

imagine the payouts if both where out of the money..or they ran 3,4...

the money here might be...who can defeat either of them for an exacta spot, and maybe the win, the show horse is the easiest "2 to 1" show payout

ala, the travers, yesterday - who likes and has winS on the track, especially a win in this 2014 meet, AND can run all 10f.

what you betting here is wether or not these 2 will or will not be ITM
you cannot cover many others in a tri, if both of theses are in the tri, and its 8 dollar payout on 2 dollar ticket...so you have to expand and hope for one or both out of the money to get any return.

if you box 3 in the $1 exacta for 6 bucks..the payout for the exacta will be about 6 bucks, probably less an the even money co favs

so you have to bet that one or both of these are out of the money..
for big pay day..

so ..include just those 2 for an easy 2 dollars out 6 dollars in, 2 to 1 return..

or expand, and win big, or loose big if it is a 1,2 victory for the favs..thats the wager ...will they both be in ITM or not..if they are, the payout will not cover ticket expansion, but ticket expansion will pay big, becasue 1 or 2 will be outof the money...the riddle...the enigma of horse wagering.

I'm sorry, did anyone else sort through this jibber-jabber and figure out just WTF this guy is trying to say?

I'd try agan, but I pulled a retina flexor and shorted out a character interchange circuit -- I'm going to be on the Forum IR for about 3 to 4 weeks. Thanks, Fvcker!
HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2014, 02:53:36 AM »

Toast of new york is the hoss to beat.

The hoss can motor over the poly.

clocker biggestal

Al, Al, AL!!

How many times do I heve to tell you, make your selection known AFTER the race is over!

Jeez are you thick, bud. Redboarding should come so natural to you, at least as compared to your previous behavior here.
CLOCKERbiggestal

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2014, 04:08:17 AM »

Al, Al, AL!!

How many times do I heve to tell you, make your selection known AFTER the race is over!

Jeez are you thick, bud. Redboarding should come so natural to you, at least as compared to your previous behavior here.

Very funny, HV. I've made plenty of picks on BTW over the years, you just down pay attention, as for the race. disappointed to be beat out by the chalkie here. rats.

clocker biggestal

STIVO

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2014, 06:25:42 AM »

My jaw dropped after that performance! Shared Belief is a Superstar! And because he's a gelding, he'll be around for a while! I knew Night Train would compromise "The Dude." Night Train beat one horse, Dude ran a credible 4th. It will be interesting to see what type of pace sets up for the Classic. Game On Dude will finally be overlooked this year and may surprise at 8-1 or better in the Breeders Cup and should hit the board for sure. It all depends if Moreno goes or not. With the Woodward next for him, a good effort will punch his ticket back to the Classic. Both horses need the lone lead and can throw a crooked number at anytime and if no speed signs on, they can dominate. I was never a huge fan of Dude but he had zero chance yesterday after that grueling 3/4 time. I'm going to also pay Close attention to Will Take Charge in his next start. It looks like he's going to point to the JCGC at Belmont. He hasn't been managed very well this summer and the much needed breather with proper spacing should perk him back up. We know he loves SA. Also, can Palace Malice win away from Belmont? He looks ordinary at SAR, SA, and at other venues. As of right now, Shared Belief will be the fav in the Classic, and he'll get weight once again. Amazing.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 07:01:26 AM by STIVO » Report to moderator   Logged
HarnessFanDE

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2014, 08:20:01 AM »

Its a shame that they run 10 claimers in Grade One's to compromise horses chances that actually have a shot......Game on Dude went one his best races in a while and has 4th to show for it......But if you saw that crazy horses races in whatever country they dug him up from......You knew that was 100% to happen......He was an absolute runaway in those races.......For once Kudo's to TVG for showing those replays......They saved me a decent amount of money

SHOWTIME!!!
HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2014, 10:27:56 AM »

Very funny, HV. I've made plenty of picks on BTW over the years, you just down pay attention.

Quite the opposite, AL -- I pay PLENTY close attention to your picks: how do you think I catch you redboarding as much as I do?

screwy
STIVO

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2014, 11:34:17 AM »

Shared Belief received a 115 BSF for his effort. Impressive.
nmslim

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2014, 12:00:06 PM »

Hall of Fame,here they come
CLOCKERbiggestal

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2014, 04:41:49 PM »

Quite the opposite, AL -- I pay PLENTY close attention to your picks: how do you think I catch you redboarding as much as I do?

screwy

No redboarding here, just excellent handicapping.

Lookie at the paceadvantage saratoga delmar contest :-)

I could give you some lessons if you want, gratis of course

clocker biggestal

mottoman

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2014, 05:31:36 PM »

what a nice  trip and pace set up for SB.
HarnessFanDE

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2014, 07:57:28 PM »

what a nice  trip and pace set up for SB.

He might turn out to be the greatest horse of all time.....but like you said that race fell right in his lap......to really illustrate what was behind him Game on Dude was done before they hit the lane and missed 3rd by an inch

SHOWTIME!!!
STIVO

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2014, 12:15:34 PM »

He might turn out to be the greatest horse of all time.....but like you said that race fell right in his lap......to really illustrate what was behind him Game on Dude was done before they hit the lane and missed 3rd by an inch

Set up? Maybe. However, Shared Belief hit the gate coming out and was in the 11 hole. Mike Smith even said that he "spotted" the field 3-4 lengths. He had to show a different element to his running style. It was an impressive effort and he can do just about anything. Syn or Dirt, he's the real deal.
HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2014, 01:26:51 PM »

No redboarding here, just excellent handicapping.

Stop breaking your arm patting yourself on the back. Everybody here can handicap without acting like a peacock about it.

I can find chalk winners and higher priced run outs by picking up The Green Sheet off the floor; your "secrets" are safe.
CLOCKERbiggestal

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2014, 04:26:26 PM »

Stop breaking your arm patting yourself on the back. Everybody here can handicap without acting like a peacock about it.

I can find chalk winners and higher priced run outs by picking up The Green Sheet off the floor; your "secrets" are safe.

Ive seen some of your recent bets, the first thing to bankroll recovery is to say you need help

Comn Hv, take the first step  medal

clocker biggestal

HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2014, 07:48:36 PM »

Ive seen some of your recent bets...

Really?

How? I haven't posted any selections in ages.

I might have posted who I liked for the Ky. Derby (he lost), but you are really fishing here.

Stop while you are way behind, before you get lapped on, and remember:

* BEFORE the race, it's a SELECTION

* AFTER the race, it's REDBOARDING
faster horses

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2014, 09:21:39 PM »

I would absolutely never redboard--which is why I can't talk about my exact and tri in the Travers.
beobob

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2014, 09:33:58 PM »

I voted for Lincoln.
faster horses

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2014, 09:47:48 PM »

You got me there.  I voted for Ford.   laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: