Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 31, 2014, 03:37:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A HAPPY THANKSGIVING FROM LORNA PROPES TO ALL HORSEMAN  (Read 1508 times)
Dan Nance

« on: November 23, 2005, 02:11:09 PM »

Lorna Propes wants to extend a very " Happy Thanksgiving " to all the harness horseman in Illinois.

She wants everyone to know that she is keeping a close watch on the contract negotiations for 2006 between the Johnson's and the IHHA.   
« Last Edit: November 23, 2005, 02:15:10 PM by Dan Nance » Report to moderator   Logged
Dan Nance

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2005, 02:19:16 PM »

Lorna Propes wants to extend a very " Happy Thanksgiving " to all the harness horseman in Illinois.

She wants everyone to know that she is keeping a close watch on the contract negotiations for 2006 between the Johnson's and the IHHA.   

P.S.
         If you have any questions contact Ms. Propes at http://www.state.il.us/agency/irb/
Report to moderator   Logged
John Doe

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2005, 04:09:56 PM »

Dan:

Great thread you started here. LOL. I'm sure Langley, Doc, and the Johnston's want to wish all of the horsemen a Happy Thanksgiving too. I wonder if they realize how much turkey they have stole off the plates of all of the horsemen over the years. They keep talking about a S-T-R-I-K-E back here but it will not happen. In my 25 years plus of racing I have never seen so many poor and financially strapped horsemen. This year has got to be the worst yet. We owe a big thanks to the Gestapo for ruining the game in Illinois and also a mighty big thank you goes out to the honest hard working folks down at the IRB. Keep up the good work all of you wonderful people. I only wish the very warmest of holiday seasons to all of upstanding Johnston family and IRB. You guys deserve each other. Happy Thanksgiving and may all of you receive food poisoning causing you to vomit profusely for the next three weeks.  Angry

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras
(A UNLV Runnin Rebel For Life)

AND NOW, HERE ARE YOUR UNLV 1990 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS:
                       GREG ANTHONY
                       ANDERSON HUNT
                       MOSES SCURRY
                       STACEY AUGMON
                       LARRY JOHNSON
THE BEST COACH EVER, JERRY "TARK" TARKANIAN
THIS IS HEAVEN
john

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2005, 04:14:39 PM »

Do the horseman have to pay for coffee Huh Or was that a shitty rumor Huh
HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL
John Doe

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2005, 04:22:08 PM »

Readers:

Here is a letter I just received from the IHHA. Read it and enjoy. Mark this date on your calendar 11/23.05 because you guys will be racing January 1, 2006 come hell or high water...why?  Because Langley, Doc, and most all, the Johnston's said so. The IRB will be out in full force over the next month encouraging the horsemen to SIGN THAT CONTRACT, and don't worry, things will get better. LOL LOL LOL.

Special Note to all of my horsemen friends:  Get the hell out of Chicago right now and race somewhere else. Don't wait until the last minute because you need to develop a plan of action now. If a contract gets signed, you can always come back, right. Oh no, I forgot, Doc and Langley won't let the horsemen back in once they go ahead and race someplace else. LOL. Here is the latest update letter. Enjoy.

LETTER TODAY FROM THE IHHA:

Contract Negotiations Update
November 23, 2005

The IHHA Negotiating Committee met with track management on Monday, November. 21st. The IHHA presented an offer to sign for the same terms as last year on the recapture issue: The track takes 20%; they permanently waive 10% and defer 70% for up to two years until it’s reimbursed by the state or slots are licensed.  We expect the tracks to present a counter offer at our next meeting which will take place late next week. 

Some items that have been proposed are nothing more than having horsemen reduce their expenses. The assumption is they will use our savings to increase the amount they negotiate to take out in recapture (This includes programs to reduce Lasix costs, changes to the insurance program, the increase in purses from the 5/2 schedule and Saturday matinees).

Another idea floated by the tracks is to charge stall rent next year. Again this is another way for the track to get into the horsemen's already depleted pockets. The very fact that these items are being discussed shows that both sides are extremely far apart. These proposals would alter the contract significantly.

The IHHA wants the horsemen's feedback on these ideas and is planning on having a horsemen's meeting on Sunday, December 4th. (time & place to be announced). Please keep your calendar open as your input is important.

Thank you for your continued support and keep checking the IHHA website at www.harnessillinois.com  for updates on the status of the negotiations. Or contact the IHHA office at 888-601-7223.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2005, 04:49:44 PM by JDakuras » Report to moderator   Logged

AND NOW, HERE ARE YOUR UNLV 1990 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS:
                       GREG ANTHONY
                       ANDERSON HUNT
                       MOSES SCURRY
                       STACEY AUGMON
                       LARRY JOHNSON
THE BEST COACH EVER, JERRY "TARK" TARKANIAN
THIS IS HEAVEN
Dan Nance

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2005, 07:02:22 PM »

Joe
         What good is having the same contract as last year? That means they will still be racing for $3000. The horseman need more purse money not the same as they have now.

There are 8 more horses in tonight at the Big M. from Chicago. That's 8 more decent horses that have left the grounds and I'm sure many more will follow.

Did you hear that DOC, you are losing horses left and right. Nobody wants to race in Chicago anymore. They want to get as far away from you, Phil and the Johnson's as they can. The only horses you will have left are the NW to be claimed for 7000 and a bunch of lame 4 and 6 claimers. I hope you guys get everything you deserve because all of you have ruined Chicago harness racing.

I hope Duke has all you wonderful people over to his big house for Thanksgiving so all of you can sit down and figure out what you're going to do in the future when Chicago harness racing becomes another Raceway Park. 
Dan Nance

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2005, 01:45:08 PM »

Happy Thanksgiving horseman! Happy Thanksgiving horseman!
[/b]
« Last Edit: November 24, 2005, 01:46:47 PM by Dan Nance » Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: