Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 24, 2014, 03:33:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FIRE MARSHALL PUTS HIS FOOT DOWN AT CRIMORAL  (Read 2677 times)
TC

Ignore
« on: November 22, 2005, 11:35:21 PM »

Crimoral is lucky my old friend Tommy O'D isn't in the fire marshall's office anymore.  His replacement went nuts upon witnessing over three figures worth of violations on the backside and in the main plant.  The funny part is one of the guys in maintenance has been telling his bosses all along that things needed to be repaired, upgraded, and resupplied.  Of course, the cheapo Gestapo kept shining him on.  Now, Crimoral is in line for a "red tag", which means the inspector can come in and shut the whole deal down in a heartbeat, if he deems any part of the facility a safety hazard. 
  All of the pundits and troll-goofs who said guys like Joe D were crying wolf are now eating a lovely crow dinner.  Even I didn't think it was that bad there.  Now, Cretonia Downs is on their last warning - FIX THE VIOLATIONS OR RACING IS A DEAD TICKET !  TC
Report to moderator   Logged
SUPERMAN

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2005, 11:39:14 PM »

Goes to prove that not all inspectors can be paid off. Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed
Les Moore

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2005, 11:41:17 PM »

Crow dinner would be a big improvment over them green hot dogs they sell.
Dr.Trotter

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2005, 11:47:29 PM »

The violation sure couldn't at all be involved with their electrical system could it?  If it rains, the power goes out and the timers don't work.  What a bunch of cheap asses!!  Why don't they splurge while they're fixing the fire hazards and buy some software that can show ten cent and fifty cent payoffs without pasting them over the the $2 payouts.  Is there any track with older software?
mot tdnew

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2005, 11:52:39 PM »

The facility is older and it takes a lot of patience and money to fix up older buildings. I do want to compliment them on how nice they have fixed up Balmoral and Maywood however. If you go to some of the other racetracks around the country (even the ones with slots) then you would realize that the facilities are quite nice.
Dr.Trotter

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2005, 12:06:01 AM »

Its nice inside, but we're talking about fire hazards, electrical problems, and an outdated tote system.
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2005, 12:18:09 AM »

The violation sure couldn't at all be involved with their electrical system could it?  If it rains, the power goes out and the timers don't work.  What a bunch of cheap asses!!  Why don't they splurge while they're fixing the fire hazards and buy some software that can show ten cent and fifty cent payoffs without pasting them over the the $2 payouts.  Is there any track with older software?

There isn't a track that sends it signal out that has older video software.  It's ridiculous.

Best,
EW

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
mot tdnew

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2005, 12:24:03 AM »

A lot of these rumors that you hear are just made up to like rats the size of chihuahuas running around or the kitchen serving three day old ballpark franks. I have seen unusually big flys on the second floor at Balmoral, however. They always seem to hover around the bathrooms.
Dr.Trotter

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2005, 12:26:16 AM »

Its not a rumor that the power goes out and the timers down work half the time when it rains.
John Doe

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2005, 02:18:52 AM »

I told you guys months ago that Balmoral was unsafe and in my opinion, a firetrap. Now, you want to listen and say I was right. Thank God that nobody lost their life in that dump. I told you the Fire Marshall has had it with Balmoral's false promises of correcting over 300 violations that were found. He gave them ample time and they just ignored him, so now it is time for him to act. Hopefully he locks the doors and does not take any chances.  There is human life at stake. It's not worth the chance; lock the doors.

I make it a point to tell my friends that might be visiting Balmoral to make sure they know where the nearest door is, because you never know what will happen with all of the ignored violations that have gone uncorrected for months. When visiting Balmoral, one cannot help the uneasy feeling of thinking, "what if." This is what happens when the President of your corporation has participated in a fixed thoroughbred race and took down the pool. Dishonest ex-jockeys don't care about you or your loved ones safety. They only know how to cheat, steal, and bribe their way through life. It becomes a way of life for them. Unfortunately, Johnny Johnston is living proof of this. He lacks good common sense and logical thinking skills. The ringer race has taken over his soul. 

For those of you brave enough to visit Balmoral, take my advice, proceed with caution and be very careful. Know your surroundings and find the closest fire emergency exit. Better to be safe than sorry. One more thing, I will never take my Grandparents to Balmoral for fear of them not being able to run in a case of one of the 300 plus violations were to ignite a blaze through the grandstand. With 300 plus fire violations left uncorrected and ignored, do you blame me?

Best regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras
(A UNLV Runnin Rebel For Life) 

AND NOW, HERE ARE YOUR UNLV 1990 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS:
                       GREG ANTHONY
                       ANDERSON HUNT
                       MOSES SCURRY
                       STACEY AUGMON
                       LARRY JOHNSON
THE BEST COACH EVER, JERRY "TARK" TARKANIAN
THIS IS HEAVEN
Rollinsmolin

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2005, 02:21:45 AM »

lmfao!!!!!!  Joe D .... how do you get internet connect in the BATCAVES??? plz let me know!!! i mean cuz u r sure in the boonies of crete you must use dial up!

loved by many hated by most rollinsmolin aka bobby
SUPERMAN

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2005, 02:27:22 AM »

Good post JD. I agree with you and hear your point loud and clear. If a fire breaks out at Bal. and I have to fly around rescuing patrons, I will be pissed. Especially if my cape catches on fire. John Johnston, you will be buying Supermen a new wardrobe. Don't mess with Superman. Way to go JD.  Wink Wink Wink

« Last Edit: November 23, 2005, 02:32:53 AM by SUPERMAN » Report to moderator   Logged
Kenneth J. Chadwick

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2005, 08:24:52 AM »

You have to clean up the problems.

In my factory, if I have a violations, they give me two maybe three weeks to correct the problem.

The Building Inspector comes back and see if I fixed all the problems.

When I tell you, I don't want to have problems.

I address them and they get fixed.

Remember its all about money.

People and owners who ignore the problems will always have problems.

Fix the problems.

Maybe that's why we have problems with racing in Illinois Sad Sad Sad

It's a Wonderful Life, let's live every moment like its your last.
burton

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2005, 08:25:36 AM »

Bottom line.
Balmoral will not be closed down due to thes violations.
If in fact they are true.
Where would some of you go?
To the dreaded OTB?
Happy holidays!
TC

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2005, 02:18:06 PM »

The facility is older and it takes a lot of patience and money to fix up older buildings. I do want to compliment them on how nice they have fixed up Balmoral and Maywood however. If you go to some of the other racetracks around the country (even the ones with slots) then you would realize that the facilities are quite nice.
Typical underinformed ass-kissing management statement.  It took patience and money when they wanted to fix the eyesore clubhouse and grandstand 4 or 5 years ago.  They never would have spent a dime if they didn't have a quid pro quo with the knaves at the IRB, spoonfeeding them beaucoup dates.  You can't make the tracks look prettier at the expense of delaying funds needed to have both Gestapo tracks up to 21st century fire safety codes - frontside and backside.  Yes, the facilities appear to be nice - AND UNSAFE !  If they start playing 'Disco Inferno' on those overhead speakers on the way into Ratwood, I'm getting right back into the car.  TC
rchitown

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2005, 09:53:01 PM »

but they do have fire sprinklers ,which is a huge plus
Sly Rossi

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2005, 11:18:14 PM »

time to e-mail or call channel 2 and have pam zeckmann whatever her name is do some investigative reporting on the fire hazards balmoral
sly
burton

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2005, 09:40:37 AM »

Another exaggerated story?
Balmoral will not be shut down for an afternoon of simulcasts based on this.
burright

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2005, 11:58:00 AM »

When you pay off the Fire Inspectors you don't have to worry about fire code violations!
When you pay off the Racing Board you don't have to worry about getting the prime racing dates!
They are experts in paying off those they need to control to continue their monopoly!
Just ask Walker, Reynolds, Insko, etc.
Balmoral is a hell hole run by the gestapo-Johnston clan!
The old wooden barns are a cigarette butt away from going up in flames!
They are destroying the Illinois harness racing industry in Illinois!
The horsemen would be insane to race in 2006 without major concessions!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: