Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 25, 2014, 05:19:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TC and John Drew  (Read 1067 times)
valleyvic

Ignore
« on: November 22, 2005, 07:19:02 PM »

I love the fact that one of the biggest bashers on this site - TC- is put in the position of defending a trainer.  First, he starts out saying the guy is a hard worker and goes to bed early, blah, blah, blah.  Now he has decided to play the blame game defense.  What are we supposed to believe, TC?   Did Darcy P. put the wrong hobbles in the bag, or did Mandy change the overcheck, or, my personal favorite, did Phil intentionally change some piece of equipment in an attempt to bet on another horse?  The point is, TC, whether its shower caps or vague Phil assertions, people get your goofy allusions.  They're not funny and they're hurtful.  So, the next time you start typing out repeat bashings, think of your boy at the Big M, understand that things sometimes happen, and choose not to bash!  The salad tosser would appreciate it.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2005, 07:49:20 PM by valleyvic » Report to moderator   Logged
burton

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2005, 07:45:53 PM »

Doc, the owner was watching the race from the Oak Brook OTB.
He saw what happened and blamed the rigging.
SN hit it on the head when he said they probably lengthened the hopple but just trained the horse the wrong way that night.
Brennan asked for speed and he broke.
He should be ready to pace next start.
Report to moderator   Logged
Dan Nance

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2005, 07:53:52 PM »

Doc, the owner was watching the race from the Oak Brook OTB.
He saw what happened and blamed the rigging.
SN hit it on the head when he said they probably lengthened the hopple but just trained the horse the wrong way that night.
Brennan asked for speed and he broke.
He should be ready to pace next start.

Well then, if you guys have all the answers then pull out the bullets and fire away next start.
rpb

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2005, 08:34:26 PM »

He has the 9 hole Friday. Trouble, because after that break, he won't show any speed this race. Can he win from last?
Dan Nance

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2005, 08:40:55 PM »

He has the 9 hole Friday. Trouble, because after that break, he won't show any speed this race. Can he win from last?

Too many excuses for this horse. Maybe he needs to head back to Chicago. Then again maybe that was the plan all along. Let the hobbles out the first start and have him run. Then when he draws bad everyone will be off the horse so Doc Hancock can make a big score because he knows he's tons the best and can win from last if he stays flat. I'm betting the horse because I know he'll be a nice price. If they don't go with him this weekend I'll load up double the next start. 
rpb

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2005, 08:52:30 PM »

Dan, you maybe right about betting him Friday. The Oil Burner Final is next weekend, so he needs to finish high this start to make the final. 
valleyvic

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2005, 01:35:21 AM »

So, TC, thrill us with your latest cooked up conspiracy after tonight's abysmal effort.  Did Darcy have his hobbles too tight or did Phil go out to The big M and take away JD's nourishment all week.  Or maybe Mandy....ahh forget it.  Who cares.  Maybe the horse just isn't what you think he is, which is ok, but maybe other things in the game aren't as black and white as you think either.  Stop bashing!
SUPERMAN

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2005, 01:56:56 AM »

Wink Wink Wink
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 08:31:25 AM by SUPERMAN » Report to moderator   Logged
TC

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2005, 09:34:45 AM »

Only a *** would think the horse had broken equipment last week. Boy that horse JOHN DREW must be a RAT FOR PACING IN ONLY 153.4 WITH A LAST QUARTER IN 27.3. YEP HES A "RAT" GET A CLUE!!!!!! Shocked
Thank you Superman for relaying the obvious to the mentally challenged.  Can your x-ray vision see any winners on tonight's cards at simulcastland ?  Did the dry cleaner return your gravy-stained cape ?  Funny how in this game everyone loves to bash effort without bothering to watch the race carefully.  Dan is the only person to offer constructive criticism - the others love to just pile it on.  It's sad when you think about it.  TC
kingofcrete

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2005, 02:49:49 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TC,
       It is not wrong to really take a liking for a horse, God knows all or at least most of us have at one point or another. However, reality is what it is. I can remember numerous horses that I was
enamored with looks, but when all was said and done, the racing and the class of each horse took
over.   I can recall when Aurora and Balmoral were racing against each other. The champ at Aurora
was DAN ADIOS while JEFFERSON was the king at Balmoral. Well, I couldn't wait for Grevengoed
to take Dan Adios to Balmoral for the invite. The first week he drew the 7 hole and really had no shot, but week two from the rail, got a two hole and couldn't go bye Jefferson if they went around 100 times--let alone twice.  After leaving a stack of dead tickets---mostly yellows behind, I realized that as much as you may like a horse, you can not let it ruin your objectivity

The same was true for Timelys Best Man vs Childwood Hanover, a horse I absolutely hated

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: