Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 30, 2014, 11:53:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Illinois Racing commentary and Dave says he hasn't ruled out leaving  (Read 4731 times)
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2005, 03:13:48 AM »

I don't blame Tony for leaving.  If he can make a another $50-100k for the next ten years until he retires, that could be another MILLION.  The thing about being a catch driver is that you can't do it forever.  He needs to make all he can NOW.

Best,
EW
Report to moderator   Logged

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
race track phil

« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2005, 03:42:55 AM »

I don't blame Tony for leaving.  If he can make a another $50-100k for the next ten years until he retires, that could be another MILLION.  The thing about being a catch driver is that you can't do it forever.  He needs to make all he can NOW.

Best,
EW          edward answer a simple question for me . if you could make a sufficent amount of money to support your family and keep them happy and be able to save money for your retiement to live comfortable would you do that ? or would you leave your family or drag them somewhere they dont want to be just so you could have more money that you probably wont need in your last years of life ? also if you already had enough money to retire from work now and live comfortably would you ? I personally think family is more important ! but the lust for money makes people do strange and selfish and sometimes crimnal things .    RTP
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2005, 04:03:19 AM »

Phil -- I completely understand what you are saying.  It's a tough decision, obviously.

But, if I could make another million for my family between the ages 45-55...would definitely do it.  If invested correctly, that kind of money means eight digits down the road...

It's not an easy decision now, but it makes sense down the road...

Best,
EW

trotter

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2005, 06:58:14 AM »

Phil,

Tony's kids are grown, they won't missed around the sandbox.  They probably won't even go, so don't use that excuse to blast Tony. He doesn't owe us anything.  He took more grief in the last few years, I am surprised he lasted this long.  We are going to see a lot more leaving after the first of the year.  Three more stables that I know of are going.
TC

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2005, 08:18:46 AM »

Best,
EW
  EW, why do you say this ?  Do you think Tony can't make the transition to trainer and still earn his 5% ?  Also, your figures are surprisingly low for someone of your caliber.  I won't comment on Dover, but for 10 months in Chicagoland, do you suspect Tony to be a winner or a loser at the SAM ?
  EW, I shouldn't be hard on you because I give Mike A. the same kind of pass when discussions like this crop up, but Tony has more $$$ than ANYBODY around these parts, earned through driving, de-facto training, secret ownership, horse half-ass surgeries, and play through the windows.  The better life is to be free of a crosshairs in IL that was slowly being set up for him here.  Don't worry, that gun (metaphorically) will travel.  TC

dt2

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2005, 11:19:57 AM »

Imo

Tony is doing what everyone else needs to do. race elsewhere!!! maybe then the horsemen will get a fair shake! As it stands now, unless drastic measures are taken, it will be another year of "slave labor", meanwhile  jj and company get wealthier!

clown town

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2005, 01:49:59 AM »

HAS ANYBODY SEEN J SCHOLZ?HuhHuhHuhHuh??
YOU KNOW THE GUY WHO NEVER WON "A" RACE BEFORE PETER PAN FOUND HIM FLIPPING BURGERS AT JIM'S OLD TOWN TAP!!!!!!!!!!!!
HOW ABOUT B SCHULTZ OR G HANSEN?HuhHuhHuhHuh?
DID THESE GUY'S RETIRE AFTER WINNING A FEW RACES?HuhHuh??
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2005, 03:01:28 AM »

EW, why do you say this ?  Do you think Tony can't make the transition to trainer and still earn his 5% ?  Also, your figures are surprisingly low for someone of your caliber.  I won't comment on Dover, but for 10 months in Chicagoland, do you suspect Tony to be a winner or a loser at the SAM ?
  EW, I shouldn't be hard on you because I give Mike A. the same kind of pass when discussions like this crop up, but Tony has more $$$ than ANYBODY around these parts, earned through driving, de-facto training, secret ownership, horse half-ass surgeries, and play through the windows.  The better life is to be free of a crosshairs in IL that was slowly being set up for him here.  Don't worry, that gun (metaphorically) will travel.  TC

I can only count up the $$ I know exist.  That's pretty much it.

If he can make another million or two because of lesser competition and better purses, I don't blame him at all.

Best,
EW

firecat

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2005, 09:37:58 AM »

is marvin harrison really ray harrisons son,been out of the business a long time, ray was one of the first persons i met when i first came too the track a super great guy and a good horseman.miss the chats we used too have.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: