Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 22, 2014, 09:00:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: DO YOU THINK THE WARDEN WAS RIGHT IN BANNING OFFSTRIDE?  (Voting closed: July 17, 2006, 10:17:32 AM)
NO - 46 (79.3%)
YES - 11 (19%)
YES ,BECAUSE MARTY TOLD ME SO - 1 (1.7%)
Total Voters: 38

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SHOULD OFFSTRIDE BE BANNED POLL  (Read 2794 times)
0ff stride

Ignore
« on: July 10, 2006, 10:17:32 AM »

VOTE NOW
« Last Edit: July 10, 2006, 10:40:51 AM by barnthief » Report to moderator   Logged

any similarities to any person being alive or deceased is purely coincidental
Sir Blockheadd

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2006, 10:25:14 AM »

i think thats terrible news, didn't know the guy, but thought he added a great deal to the forum. he was humorous and witty and a force behind making the board go. in america we have freedom of speech and its a shame that this cannot extend to these types of forums. we all have opinions and some times they hurt others. still i would rather have freedom of speech than not at all. he offended someone and got banned, thats not  a good idea, imo. it makes you wonder , why spend any time here at all, if after a while you say something offensive and get banned. why participate at all Huh
Report to moderator   Logged
boiler

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2006, 11:42:04 AM »

who is the warden?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuh  everyone seems to know him but me.

P.S. It's to hot to clean stalls this afternoon!!!!!!!!!!
Chi-Town Hustler

Keep'em Guessing!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2006, 03:41:08 PM »

Those who know Offstride are aware of his love for the game. He IS NOT just some grandstand goof,he is one of the last true fans of the sport!This cat will drive hundreds of miles to watch a non-betting race just because he saw the sire or dam of one of the colts or fillies race at one time.He has great recall of many of the sports greatest moments and shares those special times with new fans to enlighten them about how great the sport can be,betting or not.We have alll laughed and grimmaced at his posts since becoming junkies of this site,the least we can do is support him in restoring his true screen name.The "KING OF ALL POSTERS" will live on no matter what we call him! 
bigwrench
professional left handed hammer opperator

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2006, 03:50:15 PM »

PLUS, HES ACTUALLY PRETTY DAMN GOOD AT PICKIN A WINNER OR TWO!!!!

LOL

Live harness racing in Toledo Ohio sucks, and its only going to get worse!!

if its got Tits or Tires you will have problems!
Village Idiot

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2006, 06:13:42 PM »

I don't know Off Stride personally but I have read many of his posts and thought they were hysterical!...lol

Rule: If you ban people who bring comedy to a website, what's the point of having the website?

I'm on for entertainment purposes only.....As soon as this website starts to take itsef too seriously....Im gone! Sounds like it already has by banning one of our comic reliefs.

Shaun

Buffaloboy

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2006, 06:54:24 PM »

Personally, I disagree with him on just about everything. If having everybody disagree with him is all he has done, then no, he shouldnt be banned. It is much better and more interesting to beat him intellectually with facts and thoughts then to just have him banned. Agree with him or not, he is interested in the sport and we dont have much of that to begin with.

If he has used language so offensive or over the top, I would hope he is given a fair chance to be told put an end to it before he was banned.

This is not Junior's Tips or the Northfield Fans Board where you are obligated to proclaim your loyalty and love to Amy Hollar, pledge to never of Greg Grismore as anything other then the greatest driver ever to grace a sulky, talk about drugs or who is cheating on their spouses and be subjected to offensive pictures.

I would hope the people who run this board see what those boards have quickly become and keep this board above that.

So unless Offstride did something I am not aware of, he should be brought back

When will Barn To Wire finally do the right thing and ban Clockerterry & Edwarren for their continued lies, anti-American & anti-semetic statements and their general disrutpive stupidity? 

ďThe answer to a government thatís too big is to stop feeding its growth.Ē - President Ronald W. Reagan
Tsunami

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2006, 08:24:11 PM »

I vote no !!!
I will apologize to the Warden myself , if I must

Code:
FREE OFFSTRIDE
vegas jay

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2006, 08:28:24 PM »

What the hell ever became of the First Amendment???

And who the hell is "The Warden?"
tonymfan

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2006, 08:34:33 PM »

What the hell ever became of the First Amendment???

And who the hell is "The Warden?"

That was explained earlier. The First Amendment applies to governments not website operators. Warden or The Warden don't know which is someone Janine tabbed to be secondary moderator because she can't ride herd on a forum of juvenile boys 24/7. Remember on the old forum warden was listed on the front page as forum moderator. 
Kenneth J. Chadwick

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2006, 08:37:34 PM »

The Warden can do whatever he wants to do.

You have to remember he's the Boss.

When you are Boss you are the Dictator.  There's no Democracy when you are his guest on his Forum.

One of the reasons I am self-employed is that I am the Boss.  The only problem I have is that the people who hire me, they are the Boss.  I have this bad habit of eating and sometimes gambling and therefore I have to sometimes listen to the Boss.  If the Boss gets mad at me because his horse does not perform the way he thinks it should performed, I get fired.  By the way my Boss (Wife) says come home.

With that, I have to leave because the Boss is the Boss.

Kenneth J. Chadwick    

It's a Wonderful Life, let's live every moment like its your last.
HANK3849

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2006, 08:38:00 PM »

I voted no because who will be next if we Don't speak up. I do not know what he did but I've seen some pretty nasty things posted on this site.
sg

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2006, 10:48:41 PM »

NO!!!! And I must add, this was said in private not on the forum. I am amased at some of the vile attacks that the clan of esteemed poster can post, and it is accepeted, wishing death and fatal illness, to me is far more offensive than privatally telling someone to hose off.

"Why this fellow don't know anymore about politics
than a pig knows about Sunday"
Harry S Truman
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: