Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 24, 2014, 07:46:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Commentator  (Read 810 times)
Sir Blockheadd

« on: July 10, 2006, 07:58:18 AM »

Commentator,by distorted humor, who defeated last years HOyear, St.Liam, rejoins the ranks of the racing world wednesday. the only time this horse loosses is when he injures himself during a race.

Grade 1 winner COMMENTATOR (Distorted Humor), on the shelf since last September, will return to action in Wednesday's $65,000 Mugatea S. at Belmont. Carded as the 3RD race, the 6 1/2-furlong test for New York-breds has drawn a field of six.
Seven for nine lifetime, Commentator burst onto the scene for trainer Nick Zito in the summer and fall of 2004, winning his first five outings by a combined total of more than 42 lengths. Included in that sequence were scores in the Perryville S. at Keeneland and a Belmont allowance in a track-record time of 1:27 2/5 for 7 1/2 furlongs. The chestnut gelding suffered his first career loss when seventh in the Hal's Hope H. (G3) at Gulfstream Park in January of 2005. He exited that race with a shin injury which forced him to the sidelines, but he came back better than ever that summer, rolling by 16 1/2 lengths in an allowance/optional claiming event and then defeating eventual Horse of the Year Saint Liam by a neck in the Whitney H. (G1).

He should win this race at belmont easily, tip of the week
Report to moderator   Logged
0ff stride

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2006, 08:00:30 AM »

mr block head, your comments are noted and you have more than taken up the slack by the recently banned john frank ..keep up the good work!

any similarities to any person being alive or deceased is purely coincidental
Sir Blockheadd

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2006, 08:28:30 AM »

i don't know john frank or anything bout him, i just like to talk horses, glad you approve. Grin
our favorite omen

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2006, 07:17:32 AM »

Sir Blockheadd, I don't think any higher than 3/5 on this animal tomorrow at Belmont.
Sir Blockheadd

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2006, 08:02:24 AM »

Sir Blockheadd, I don't think any higher than 3/5 on this animal tomorrow at Belmont.
so go with an exacta, trifecta,or a double
Sir Blockheadd

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2006, 02:59:23 PM »

Making his first start since last September's Woodward, Commentator cruised to a 6 1/4-length victory in the $67,200 Mugatea Stakes for New York-breds. Commentator shrugged off early pace pressure from Bold Decision and a midrace challenge from Gold and Roses before pulling away from the latter in upper stretch. He ran 6 1/2 furlongs in 1:15.76 and returned $2.20 as the 1-9 favorite. "I really thought he was going to be very aggressive and a horse that is going to pull me going fast," said Coa, who rode Commentator for the first time. "But he really surprised me the way he went. He broke fast, but he relaxed for me. I was able to do anything I wanted to him; when [Gold and Roses] got close to me, I pushed him and he just gave me that extra something."

edwarren

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2006, 03:12:45 PM »

From how you described him, he M/L'd at 1-9. 1:15.8, that's very quick time.
TommyCh

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2006, 03:47:10 PM »

It'll be interesting to see how he comes out of it.
Sir Blockheadd

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2006, 03:52:08 PM »

From how you described him, he M/L'd at 1-9. 1:15.8, that's very quick time.

this horse is the goods, grade1 written all over him,

its his health, he is fragile like Ghostzapper was.
if he can stay healthy, he can challenge anyhorse this year as HOY.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: