Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 21, 2014, 01:21:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 7th. race Sun. at AP  (Read 901 times)
jimk

Ignore
« on: July 09, 2006, 06:27:57 PM »

Did JC Ferrer and Jet A knock a horse thru the turf rail or what it was kind of hard to see it on the replay? Will he get a bunch of days for that ride? Anyone out there at the track get a good look at what happenrd?
Report to moderator   Logged
Trackman

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2006, 06:52:03 PM »

Yes. He put the other horse into the rail. Lantz got knocked off but both he and the horse appeared OK. That's not official, just my observation.

I would hope Ferrer would get more than the usual three days. He even looked over before moving toward the rail. I hope that Lantz punched him out in the jocks' room. It was a very dangerous move.
laurajean

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2006, 06:54:07 PM »

It seemed to me the 3 horse was trying to find a hole by the rail and the 2 horse and Ferrer bumped the 3 into the rail.  It also seemed that after this bumping, Ferrer did his best to make sure he would  not be held up for interferance by dropping to last place.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2006, 06:58:52 PM »

It seemed to me the 3 horse was trying to find a hole by the rail and the 2 horse and Ferrer bumped the 3 into the rail.  It also seemed that after this bumping, Ferrer did his best to make sure he would  not be held up for interferance by dropping to last place.

On the head on replay what I saw was Lantz clearly had the rail with Ferrer on the outside. Ferrer looked over then dropped over, bumped once, bumped twice, then finally on the 3rd bump put Lantz over the rail.

Penalty box for Mr. Ferrer.

Like Trackman I thought Lantz had clear call to punch out Jose in the jocks' room.   
mel4600

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2006, 05:39:39 AM »

On the head on it appears Ferrer kept looking over his shoulder to see if he was clear to move over to the rail. Just when he started to move to the rail Lantz tried to push through. Even so, I believe he will get days since Lantz had the rail position for the entire run down the backstretch.
ABBY

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2006, 06:59:52 AM »

Bold Caper was hurt badly and had to be put down. The pitiful part was that after a Steward's inquiry (according to Equibase), "after review they felt no interference". Just what do they do up there? I feel sorry for the owner and the trainer. 
mel4600

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2006, 07:15:04 AM »

Bold Caper was hurt badly and had to be put down. The pitiful part was that after a Steward's inquiry (according to Equibase), "after review they felt no interference". Just what do they do up there? I feel sorry for the owner and the trainer. 
That is really sad. Do you know what type of injuries the horse had?
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2006, 07:32:52 AM »

That's strange. Bold Caper was full of run even without a rider and made nearly a full circuit of the track before the outrider could collar him.

There was no interference because the only two horses involved were Bold Caper and the horse that bumped him then finished last, Jet A. What were the stewards going to do, place the last place horse in a negative finish position or take away purse money he didn't win? There was "no interference" that would have resulted in a change of finish order for purse or wagering purposes. There was interference in the dictionary sense, and the stewards will definitely be seeing Mr. Ferrer behind closed doors and almost certainly issuing penalties for it.
TommyCh

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2006, 09:38:31 AM »

Clockerterry, then they should call it interference/no change. Get it on the record.
Trackman

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2006, 09:59:16 AM »

Abby, TommyCh,

Don't blame the stews for that one. It was my bad. I should have written "no action was taken since the offending horse finished last and no purse money was involved." If a similar incident occurs in the future, I will write it that way. That's actually the way the stews ruled it.
TommyCh

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2006, 10:13:39 AM »

Cool. Thanks for the clarification.
jimk

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2006, 11:16:37 AM »

When the stews talk to Ferrer they should ask him why, after the bumping and Lantz getting knocked off his horse did Ferrer quit riding his mount? Was it to finish last so there could be no action? If so they should penalize him further for not race-riding to the wire , like they do in NY.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: