Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 22, 2014, 09:21:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HRTV Coverage of Chicago Racing  (Read 1563 times)
sunnydevil8

Ignore
« on: November 22, 2005, 12:10:10 AM »

What do you guys think of the coverage and commentators that HRTV has on for Chicago's racing, both thoroughbred and harness?
Report to moderator   Logged
John Frank

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2005, 12:17:46 AM »

Who gives a shit. Why would anyone pay attention to their *** banter. THat's why you have the lesbian twins and all others in horseracing,football,baseball, and any other shit. THAT'S WHY YOU GOT THE QUEEN DYKE OF ALL WHO WILL BE RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT.
g3tPWNed_24

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2005, 02:38:58 AM »

i prefer TVG they even seem to have better picture quality than hrtv but hrtv shows pretty much all the hawthorne races on time from what ive seen atleast(which isnt very much)...well more than tvg who will skip a live chicago race for a post parade from new york. i cant stand stronach and what hes done to the sport negatively but bias aside hrtv's commentary flat out blows and is extremely boring. about the only reason im glad i have hrtv is so i can catch my fav jock whoopin some a$$@remington
redneck

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2005, 09:29:16 PM »

Sundevil

I have TVG & HRTV too and I like the latter of the two mostly because of the Harness shown.
As for the announcers at least it`s better than listening to that music all the time.
One plus they have that question and answer e/mail thing they do it`s kind of comical at times.

Ash

I do catch alot of Remington on HRTV, what do you think of Hamilton as a jockey?
I`ve seen some good rides on mediocre horses!
g3tPWNed_24

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2005, 04:18:57 AM »

my honest opinion redneck? ive seen alotta bad rides from him on live horses. his clip is high yeah but thats due to the constant amount of live horses he does get on. i dont think hed be a top 5 rider @arlington. he left maryland for oklahoma and he really wasnt doin much there especially with the kinda stock he was gettin put on and the chances he recieved, now jose betancourt rode here and left for maryland and is doin pretty well there......better than i thought, draw your own conclusions. maybe hell prove me wrong but i dont see him being on the big circuit anytime soon if ever. its obvious he didnt pay attention to ramon dominguez in MD cuz he makes alotta idiotic moves on the racetrack while ramon is just the opposite and makes some of the headiest rides youll see. sorry if youre a big quincy fan and i seem harsh but you asked for my opinion
redneck

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2005, 08:29:31 AM »

maybe I just catch him on his good days? 
He seems to be aggressive and trying hard on all his mounts.
Minidar

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2005, 07:46:07 AM »

Arlington is shown on TVG, yet they will skip races in favor of other tracks.  All IL harness races and Hawthorne for tbred can only be seen consistently on HRTV.
Thomas Graham

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2005, 11:29:33 AM »

I just recently got DISH and am able to see HRTV consistently for the first time and I find it not a whole lot better than TVG (and in fact, I find it worse).  While I am not a fan of talking heads, I find most of the HRTV talent difficult to listen to (the red headed girl, I think her name is BEcky something, has a voice so shrill that my ears start to burn).  That said, I'll take her over TVG's Matt-I'll-talk-about-myself-all-day-long Carothers any day of the week.  During the recent Pick 6 carryover at CD and "special" shows that TVG did to pump the wager --- I was ready to shoot the TV.

HRTV shows fewer races on tape than TVG, but I did notice that if a HAW race was within 3 minutes of a GG race, they would show the GG horses warming up instead of the live HAW race, but at least HAW is on pretty consistently there, as opposed to TVG where it's on Wednesday-Friday but not at all on the weekend.
g3tPWNed_24

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2005, 03:41:40 PM »

i dont dispute his effort really redneck just the amount of intelligence he rides with. sometimes the best ride in the race isnt always the winning ride and sometimes the winning horse wins despite a horrific trip and luck and or a bad ride. for example in the BC juvenille this year stevie wonderboy checked extremely hard on the backside and almost went down and endured a very rough trip yet still ran em all down with easy pretty much in the lane. now im a huge fan of garret gomez and hes riding just about as well if not better than anyone in the country the past few months but just about anyone coulda won on that horse.....the horse was obviously much the best! basically i think quincy needs to stay on the circuit hes on for awhile and hone his skills and knowledge and gain more racing experience before trying greener pastures. hes doing the right thing by switching his tack to houston once remington ends tonight
BIG FAN

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2005, 08:14:17 AM »

I agree with redneck hrtv is better for  Chicago racing.I am a BIG FAN of Peter Lurie! Wink
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: