Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 25, 2014, 12:44:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rene Douglas & Mark Guidry Return to A.P.  (Read 4354 times)
our favorite omen

Ignore
« on: July 07, 2006, 11:36:01 AM »

Per Joey the K. in today's Daily Herald, both Douglas and Guidry will be racing at A.P. starting next week.  Will Guid make the power move in July, August and September like he did last year?  Douglas will have the same agent as Emigh.  No Dennis Cooper this year.
Report to moderator   Logged
ChitownSteve75

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2006, 01:25:22 PM »

Douglas is a peice of shit! What he did to Dale Romans shows what kind of a punk he his! I could give two shits for the guy!

chitownSteve

ZENYATTA THE GREAT! NOT RA!
Valuist

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2006, 02:07:32 PM »

What did he do to Romans?  He was supposed to ride Roman's horses.  Roman's had two horses, uncoupled in a race about 2 weeks ago.  One was the 4-5 favorite and the other about a 5-1 shot.  So who does Roman's name on the 4-5 shot?  Leparoux.  I could see why Douglas was a bit miffed.  WTF wasn't Douglas named on Cat on a Prowl?
alydar66

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2006, 02:26:57 PM »

And didnt Romans screw Guidry?
CLOCKERbiggestal

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2006, 03:04:02 PM »

What did he do to Romans?  He was supposed to ride Roman's horses.  Roman's had two horses, uncoupled in a race about 2 weeks ago.  One was the 4-5 favorite and the other about a 5-1 shot.  So who does Roman's name on the 4-5 shot?  Leparoux.  I could see why Douglas was a bit miffed.  WTF wasn't Douglas named on Cat on a Prowl?

Leparoux better than Douglas. Cased closed.

Kickers beat one-pacers almost every time.
SHOGUN

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2006, 04:39:14 PM »

Per Joey the K. in today's Daily Herald, both Douglas and Guidry will be racing at A.P. starting next week.  Will Guid make the power move in July, August and September like he did last year?  Douglas will have the same agent as Emigh.  No Dennis Cooper this year.
Chris Emigh's agent is worthless, he just sits his fat ass on the bench in front of the racing office.  He drives around the barnes and yells out to the trainers to give chris some mounts, never gets out of his car. Emigh is a good rider and trust me, its not the agent that gets his mounts, its all Chris Emigh.  Guidy is a very good rider to the big trainers but a piece of shit rider with small trainers (he never tries to break a sweat for a win or even hitting the boad.)  Douglas is an excellent rider and aways tries his best.  He is a monster jock on the grass.  "AT ARLINGTON PARK"
« Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 05:29:39 PM by SHOGUN » Report to moderator   Logged
ChitownSteve75

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2006, 05:14:23 PM »

Rene Douglas got a mount on a live horse and cried like a little *** when Romans had Laparoux on his other horse. As an owner, I'll take Laparoux any day of the week on my horses!

Chitownsteve

mottoman

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2006, 05:18:14 PM »

ShoGUN -  he is not a monster jock on the grass, there is no such thing!  An experienced jock like douglas can ride on any surface equally my friend.
CLOCKERbiggestal

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2006, 05:20:51 PM »

Douglas is an excellent rider and aways tries his best.  He is a monster jock on the grass.   

Grass for Douglas? the stats don't prove that.

Over the past year Douglas is sitting at 9% (20 for 227). Thats average.

Compare that to Marquez Jr (11%--15 for 133)
                        Guidry (14%--41 for 294)
                        Emigh (15%--39 for 225)

clocker biggestal

Kickers beat one-pacers almost every time.
SHOGUN

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2006, 05:23:06 PM »

Rene Douglas got a mount on a live horse and cried like a little *** when Romans had Laparoux on his other horse. As an owner, I'll take Laparoux any day of the week on my horses!

Chitownsteve
Yes, he did and he is alittle greedy *** BUT when he rides, he rides his ass off for the owner and thats what about him as a better or an owner.

Guidry (14%--41 for 294)
                        Emigh (15%--39 for 225)

clocker biggestal
i'm talking about arlington turf
big wally

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2006, 05:23:51 PM »

Guidry (14%--41 for 294)
                        Emigh (15%--39 for 225)

clocker biggestal

Come on..Douglas was riding against the best jocks on the both coasts.. who has emigh or marquez jr faced.. Stats dont always tell the story
mottoman

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2006, 05:25:51 PM »

well said clockert - some of these fools believe old wise tales.  the stats speak for themselves.  Fires is considered a great grass rider I have asked him about that and his response it makes no differance as long as you have the horse!!!  that was about 10 years ago.
mottoman

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2006, 05:27:17 PM »

well said clockert - some of these fools believe old wise tales.  the stats speak for themselves.  Fires is considered a great grass rider I have asked him about that and his response it makes no differance as long as you have the horse!!!  that was about 10 years ago.
markosimz

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2006, 05:29:03 PM »

ET Baird has no faith on turf anymore since his spill last fall at HAW.

mottoman

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2006, 05:31:38 PM »

I can guarantee you ET would laugh his ass off on that one !!!!  LOL
big wally

« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2006, 05:33:04 PM »

h. Guidy is a very good rider to the big trainers but a piece of shit rider with small trainers (he never tries to break a sweat for a win or even hitting the boad.) D

Inthe early 90's we had a horse in an overnight stake at AP guidry was the rider.. We were a longshot 25-30/1, the Guid after the gate opened decided the horse had no shot and pulled her up... in the paddock before the race he was *** the horse had no shot... I agree with your statement, since we were samll owners with a small trainer he could give us the shaft.. He may have been on drugs at the time not sure
big wally

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2006, 05:34:37 PM »

Douglas over Emigh and Marquez JR any day on any surface
SHOGUN

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2006, 05:36:09 PM »

Douglas over Emigh and Marquez JR any day on any surface
I WOULD'NT HAVE ANY OTHER WAY MYSELF
SHOGUN

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2006, 05:39:01 PM »

Inthe early 90's we had a horse in an overnight stake at AP guidry was the rider.. We were a longshot 25-30/1, the Guid after the gate opened decided the horse had no shot and pulled her up... in the paddock before the race he was *** the horse had no shot... I agree with your statement, since we were samll owners with a small trainer he could give us the shaft.. He may have been on drugs at the time not sure
IF I HAD A HORSE IN A RACE AND MY JOCK GOT HURT AND THE ONLY JOCK LEFT IN THE ROOM WAS GUIDRY. I WOULD SCRATCH MY HORSE IN A SECOND.
big wally

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2006, 07:52:24 PM »

Looks like Albarado is coming too...
ChitownSteve75

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2006, 09:24:10 PM »

Jose Ferrer is going places guys. This kid can ride and it looks like he'd whoop any jocks ass in the room. The dude is built like a rock and has balls of steal. He also knows how to rate a horse on the lead. He's good. Keep an eye on him this summer.

Chitown
« Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 09:36:11 PM by ChitownSteve75 » Report to moderator   Logged

big wally

« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2006, 10:34:01 PM »

If this is the Same Jose Ferrer he has been around a while he must be in his fourties. He is not in the same class as the three forementioned jockeys but he rode some nice price wire to wire winners on the grass this meet.
Exbourne
Drunk fat and good

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2006, 10:37:28 PM »

A Couple of things...Ferrer is a good front running rider,AND I have banged the drum for him....BUT Ive NEVER seen a chick hound like he is...Its like he would rather give the soccer mom a lession in scoring than riding a horse that has no chance.

And to the guy that said Guidry bad mouthed his horse before the race..Bottom line..
I dont believe you.
AND... if Im wrong I would have asked to scratch out. Why did ya not?

I drink,I smoke,I gamble.
What a Life!!!
7/29/05.
big wally

« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2006, 10:52:53 PM »

And to the guy that said Guidry bad mouthed his horse before the race..Bottom line..
I dont believe you.
AND... if Im wrong I would have asked to scratch out. Why did ya not?

Dont believe me.. I really dont care.. This happend 12-15 years ago and as you know doing that time period Guidry has some problems.. Scratch, if anything we should of asked for a new jock but with the horses being already saddled I dont think the Stewards would of allowed to  us scratch or change jocks..at the moment things happend fast so who knew what to do.. I or some one in my family raced horses here from 1972 to 1997 and  this never had  happend before or after
« Last Edit: July 08, 2006, 09:20:45 AM by big wally » Report to moderator   Logged
ChitownSteve75

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2006, 09:12:27 AM »

Big Wally, I'm with you. Mark rode one of our horses last year and just sat on him because he was 15-1. We put him on because James Graham got sick. Anyway, he never asked him to run and never pulled out the whip. It was like a Sunday Gallop. The horse finished 5th and he could have hit the board if he would have pushed him through but he *** out like a little punk. Guidry will never ride for me again.

Chitownsteve

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: