Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 01, 2014, 09:43:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Info on John Drew  (Read 3790 times)
rb41084

Ignore
« on: November 21, 2005, 12:50:04 AM »

A friend of my who is a trainer at the Meadowlands called me tonight and I asked him if he knew what happened to John Drew.  He told me that the groom of John Drew brought the wrong equipment bag to the track.  John Drew (very big horse) had a very short hopple on and supposedly just got caught up in them.  Hopefully the owners of this horse make a special trip out to the BigM and take care of the groom who made this inexcusable mistake!!!!!!!!!!!
Report to moderator   Logged
clown town

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2005, 01:32:19 AM »

SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ALL THAT PRE-RACE FOR NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THAT'S WHY THE FAKE TRAINER AND THE 1ST TIME GROOM
DROP THE BALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WHAT DO THEY CARE?HuhHuhHuhHuh?
YOU WANT THINGS DONE RIGHT, "DO IT YOURSELF"!!!!!!!!!
YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2005, 01:39:43 AM »

A friend of my who is a trainer at the Meadowlands called me tonight and I asked him if he knew what happened to John Drew.  He told me that the groom of John Drew brought the wrong equipment bag to the track.  John Drew (very big horse) had a very short hopple on and supposedly just got caught up in them.  Hopefully the owners of this horse make a special trip out to the BigM and take care of the groom who made this inexcusable mistake!!!!!!!!!!!

That's unfortunate, but it may yield a nice price next out.  Shhh.   Wink

Best,
EW

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
BIG FAN

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2005, 06:51:46 AM »

Just wondering why they did not catch the short hopples when they were putting them on the horse or when he cam back from his warm ups?I wish him better luck next time!
trotter

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2005, 07:30:10 AM »

Watching the race, it looked more like Brennan was trying to shag his butt out of the gate...something he isn't used to.  Didn't look like too short a hopple just too much go on the drivers part.
TC

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2005, 08:11:37 AM »

..or that you guys (fellow readers/posters) will believe anything...LOL  Good one 41084.  Rockingham's Groom of the Meet would never make such a mistake-unless he were up all night at a Thai buffet or one of those massage parlors near the old GSP - LOL.  I'm more concerned about the missing/altered equipment from the bag that NEVER made it to NJ in the 1st place...hmm.  Don't worry, John Drew will be fine in the end and this incident will be looked into.  The outfit in NJ is a very thorough and professional one.  They would never do anything out of spite.  This includes the groom, trainer, and driver as far as I'm concerned, although NJ horseman may debate on the driver issue. TC 
burton

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2005, 08:47:36 AM »

A friend of my who is a trainer at the Meadowlands called me tonight and I asked him if he knew what happened to John Drew. He told me that the groom of John Drew brought the wrong equipment bag to the track. John Drew (very big horse) had a very short hopple on and supposedly just got caught up in them. Hopefully the owners of this horse make a special trip out to the BigM and take care of the groom who made this inexcusable mistake!!!!!!!!!!!

You're telling me the groom rigged the horse and no one else bothered to check the equipment?
Who's running this stable and from where?
What a two bit operation.
TC

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2005, 09:12:12 AM »

burton, can you read ?  I mentioned that the thread starter was a piece of comedic irony.  You should take it as just that.  The trainer and groom in NJ are not in question here.  Your leg was pulled-how does it feel ?  TC
burton

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2005, 09:27:40 AM »

Gotcha TC.
Where would I be without you.
I am happy though, I did have the winner in that race.
One of very few winners over the weekend.
njhorseman

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2005, 09:51:28 AM »

Watching the race, it looked more like Brennan was trying to shag his butt out of the gate...something he isn't used to.  Didn't look like too short a hopple just too much go on the drivers part.

You are absolutely correct, and Brennan is notorious for doing that.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2005, 10:01:07 AM by njhorseman » Report to moderator   Logged
trotter

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2005, 04:12:46 PM »

Jersey,

Whats the world coming to, we agree on two things today.  Stop it...
Dan Nance

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2005, 04:19:37 PM »

You are absolutely correct, and Brennan is notorious for doing that.

Paul
          The Brennan thing may very well be true but I still believe the horse was rigged wrong. The wrong size hopples is what it looked like to me. Everyone is too quick to blame the driver on this one. I'll bet if Darcy and the horses groom in Chicago was with the horse in NJ the breaks would never have happened.

trotter

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2005, 05:18:34 PM »

I gotta disagree with Dan because I was actually there when this horse made his first start behind the gate and the driver at the time tried to leave with him and he ran.  Brennan is the second one to try it and with the same results.   Ever watch Davey drive him?  He ducks and when he is settled then he comes with him.  Maybe Georgie needs to read a program once in awhile.
njhorseman

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2005, 05:18:58 PM »

Jersey,

Whats the world coming to, we agree on two things today.  Stop it...

I can't stop it...it feels too good!  Shocked Grin
Dan Nance

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2005, 05:24:53 PM »

I gotta disagree with Dan because I was actually there when this horse made his first start behind the gate and the driver at the time tried to leave with him and he ran.  Brennan is the second one to try it and with the same results.   Ever watch Davey drive him?  He ducks and when he is settled then he comes with him.  Maybe Georgie needs to read a program once in awhile.

What we need is Doc (the owner) Hancock to post what happened. He's the one guy who knows exactly what happened. That's what the problem with racing is, the fan's are kept out in the cold and can only guess what happened. Fan's should be more informed about stuff such as this because after all it's the bettors who pay the purse money to the owners.
sn

« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2005, 05:41:26 PM »

DN, Darcy said hes a big horse with a tight hopple!!! That being said the first thing the guy out east did was give him some more hopple to pace at the big M!!!
He couldnt tell anything was wrong when he warmed him up cause all they do now a days is go BACKWARDS a couple miles!!!
Not only did he "Run" leaving the switch, but he also "Ran" at the half and in the lane!!!HE WONT "RUN" NEXT WEEK!!!! Right "Doc"

Hey Dn, remember when we let the hopples out on Charlie K at Haw. after training him at the farm and you warmed him up that night the last quarter in 27 flat to make sure he filled them? The clockers were going "Wild" that night!!!
You boys need to remember to "Buzz" one warming up when you're going to RERIG one!!!!
BIG FAN

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2005, 05:44:08 PM »

Scotty,Its Devotion getting up! Wink
sn

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2005, 05:48:30 PM »

Fan, by the way "Gordon" at Battistas is playing just fine i'll tell him you said hey!!!

They changed the buffet at the Bellagio, the crab legs are a little smaller but still GREAT!!!

P.S. "Thats Painted Clown, Hoooolding on"!!!!!!
BIG FAN

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2005, 05:53:38 PM »

Smiley
« Last Edit: November 21, 2005, 08:50:39 PM by BIG FAN » Report to moderator   Logged
sn

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2005, 06:00:23 PM »

Havent seen the car latley but theres construction going on around there right now so maybe hes driving something else when he comes in!!

He loves that car you know!!!
BIG FAN

« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2005, 06:13:56 PM »

Smiley
« Last Edit: November 21, 2005, 08:51:04 PM by BIG FAN » Report to moderator   Logged
kingofcrete

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2005, 11:04:14 PM »

I can't understand why some posters think that this horse is the second coming of ALBATROSS
His breeding is so-so, his lines are not all that great , so please enlighten me. OK he went 52 flat on a relatively fast day OCTOBER 1 at Balmoral Didn't the majority of the races including the 10 and 20 claimers  go that fast?
Big P

« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2005, 11:19:00 AM »

Gotta agree with Scott and Dan on this one 90% of NJ trainers always drop their heads and let their hopples out.If GB getting him fired up behind the gait was the problem, why did run coming out of the last turn when GB tried cutting him loose and letting him pace.
SUPERMAN

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2005, 12:24:05 PM »

Nothing wrong with the equipment on the horse. Wink Wink Word is Brennen  thought the horse had to be on the front to win and tried to COWBOY him out of the gate. Big mistake Angry This week it "PURPLE JESUS" Dave Miller in the bike. Be alert for a fast closing gelding this week.
PM COUNSELOR

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2005, 07:22:40 PM »

Have to agree w/ Superman on this one!  The Meadowlands' racing style is pointed more towards aggressive movement and trying to put the best horse close to or if not to the lead.  I also feel that Georgey tried to gun a horse who is simply too big and slow out of the gate.  Dave Miller suits his style and will definitely race him from behind.  Plus, in these types of races you're better off sitting back and grabbing cover into those quick splits.  As far as the equipment goes, well, the hopple extension could be an answer.  However, it could also be a good excuse for a bad judgment call by the pilot last start.  Only time will tell, I guess.

pm counselor
Dan Nance

« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2005, 07:32:06 PM »

Have to agree w/ Superman on this one!  The Meadowlands' racing style is pointed more towards aggressive movement and trying to put the best horse close to or if not to the lead.  I also feel that Georgey tried to gun a horse who is simply too big and slow out of the gate.  Dave Miller suits his style and will definitely race him from behind.  Plus, in these types of races you're better off sitting back and grabbing cover into those quick splits.  As far as the equipment goes, well, the hopple extension could be an answer.  However, it could also be a good excuse for a bad judgment call by the pilot last start.  Only time will tell, I guess.

pm counselor

Why is it that so many posters write and sound like Tom Wendt?
PM COUNSELOR

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2005, 07:37:46 PM »

You are right!  This one poster who claims to be Dan *** especially writes like him.  He especially responds to posts as quickly as Tom used to.  I think were on to something here!  Troll perhaps?

pm counselor
Dan Nance

« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2005, 07:52:34 PM »

You are right!  This one poster who claims to be Dan *** especially writes like him.  He especially responds to posts as quickly as Tom used to.  I think were on to something here!  Troll perhaps?

pm counselor

Are you the PM counselor or the PM GOOF?
PM COUNSELOR

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2005, 09:35:58 PM »

That's a good question there Dan.  I'm probably a little bit of both.  However, I do call them like I see them.  If that makes me a goof.........!

pm counselor

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: