Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 31, 2014, 10:27:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: And they wonder WHY on-track handle has fallen???  (Read 983 times)
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« on: November 21, 2005, 12:06:34 AM »

I bet my P9 tickets at a local OTB on Saturday, because paper tickets (versus accounts) make it much easier to deal with taxes.

Since I was making a pretty substantial bet ($7356.60), I decided to sign up for a "Twin Spires" card to try and reap some benefits.  I knew they wouldn't come close to the $1,018 rebate I was giving up -- but still, I figured something good would come out of it.

So -- I sign on the TSC site today to see what my 14,712 points will buy me.  I can have $20 in food, a $10 voucher, or a couple of keychains...

I know that they CAN'T give a rebate.  But, still, there are many high profit items at the track (food, admission, parking, programs, booths, etc) that they could blow out for perks.  If people can get a 10% rebate at a shop -- give them 15-20% in perks...and the middle/upper levels, $5 bet gets you a $1 in the dining room...or something like that.

They wonder why they can't get on-track handle?  It's pretty obvious to me.

Best,
EW
Report to moderator   Logged

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
Chitown Stan

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2005, 12:29:12 AM »

Thats horrible Edward! The track needs to attract some of its top gamblers back. I tried to consult with the director of Publicity at Bal, you know, to see if he had any inside info??? and to no avail. Anyway, I guess I am going to try the next one in the blind. Maybe I should venture out west where inside information is offered a little more. Good luck!!!
Richard Breth

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2005, 12:50:57 AM »

Top it off if you won they would have kept surcharge 2.5%.

$1018 of $7356 is 14% rebate you get? Thats unusually generous.
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2005, 01:38:50 AM »

Top it off if you won they would have kept surcharge 2.5%.

$1018 of $7356 is 14% rebate you get? Thats unusually generous.

Yes, the surcharge is crazy.

At pooled rebate shops, you generally have a plan that is either "x" percent less than takeout, or is at least tiered based on wager type.  An 8/11/14 (WPS/2 horse/3 or more horse) tier is pretty widely available, as long as you handle pretty well...and, if all else fails, you can always get 7% at Pinnacle and 8% on gimmicks at http://www.finelinesports.net

Best,
EW
« Last Edit: November 21, 2005, 01:41:33 AM by edwardwilliam » Report to moderator   Logged

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
BIG FAN

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2005, 06:55:45 AM »

That's brutal EW!All you have to show for putting all that money in is a bunch of worthless paper.Heck imagine if you would have made the bet in Vegas(if they would have been able to take it) you would be sitting(and eating) pretty...Well on the good side their will be other scores to make in the not too distant future!Good luck !
« Last Edit: November 21, 2005, 06:59:20 AM by BIG FAN » Report to moderator   Logged
Chitown Stan

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2005, 12:47:50 PM »

The reason I dont like wagering with off shore companies is because I am leary of which ones will actually pay, and which ones wouldn't. Has anyone on this site actually dealt with an offshore company that you had trouble collecting from?
fineline

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2005, 04:42:04 PM »

Reme ber Richard you dont like it offshore that is not where the crooks are at
fineline

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2005, 08:42:44 AM »

I am not exaggerating have bet millions and never lost a penny and never was slow padded .I canceled a number of acct that charged to withdraw.I will not deal with anyone that does not give you at least one withdrawl a month.If you afraid of offshore the better are as solid assn fortune 500 company.Example better not
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: