Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

August 28, 2014, 02:35:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The claim yesterday  (Read 2088 times)
poor

« on: July 04, 2006, 07:51:33 AM »

How can Liane Davis claim a horse, when she's in the paddock. Trainers are not aloud to even cut through the paddock in a claiming race let alone be in there the whole time while the horses were being saddled!
Report to moderator   Logged
mottoman

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2006, 10:38:30 AM »

Trainers view the horses up close all throughout the paddock on every race especially if there is a horse their interested in claiming.  Makes no differance to anyone I am sure there are no trainers that mind her being in there.  Don't worry be happy!!
BeauNarro

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.....

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2006, 10:52:34 AM »

I don't see that as a problem. Mottoman is right - there are trainers within feet of the horses before every claiming race.
Jim C

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2006, 12:27:47 PM »

Thats true they are close by but the rules state that a trainer or owner who is going to claim a horse cannot be in the paddock. Was she in the paddock before that race though?
mel4600

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2006, 01:23:53 PM »

Thats true they are close by but the rules state that a trainer or owner who is going to claim a horse cannot be in the paddock. Was she in the paddock before that race though?

Where did you see that rule? Horses are often claimed when a trainer is in the paddock. What if you have a horse in the same race?
ageecee

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2006, 02:04:26 PM »

If she didnt have a horse in that race then theres no way she should of been allowed in the paddock. if they let her in the paddock without a horse in the race then why cant other trainers go in the paddock to inspect horses also. Its easy to inspect horses 5 feet away but its a little different when there outisde the paddock 30-40 feet away trying to inspect horses.

I just checked and she didnt have a horse in that race. She should not have been in the paddock and if i was another trainer i would of been pissed off and brought it to the stewards attention or the paddock judge.
mel4600

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2006, 02:11:52 PM »

Trainers on the walking path are closer to the horse than she was. She was not up close "inspecting" the horse. She is employed as a pre-race analyst and is doing a very good job. Give her a break.
ageecee

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2006, 02:16:51 PM »

Trainers on the walking path are closer to the horse than she was. She was not up close "inspecting" the horse. She is employed as a pre-race analyst and is doing a very good job. Give her a break.

I dot not know the confuguration at AP but if she was doing pre-race analyst then she has a right to tbe there but if not i would raise hell about it.
mel4600

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2006, 02:56:35 PM »

I dot not know the confuguration at AP but if she was doing pre-race analyst then she has a right to tbe there but if not i would raise hell about it.

She is employed by Arlington Park as the pre-race analyst and is not any closer to the horses than someone standing on the rail. I own several horses and I would be upset if she had an unfair advantage which she does not.
Parker
Perfection Epitomized

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2006, 03:41:41 PM »

It's definitely up to how you view it, but in reality it would be rediculous for her to "sit out" on that pre-race analysis and be like, " I put in a claim, gotta sit this one out...."  Either something on paper made her want that horse or seeing it in the morning, and that could be the case with ANY trainer, so I don't see an unfair advantage.
ABBY

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2006, 07:20:39 PM »

THIS TRAINER SPEAKS FOR AT LEAST 20 MINUTES PRIOR TO ANY RACE AND IS NO WHERE NEAR THE WALKING AREA. SHE TRAINS IN THE MORNING, JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER TRAINER AND WORKS IN THE AFTERNOON. i'M SURE THIS SUBJECT WAS BROUGHT UP TO AP MANAGEMENT BEFORE THE JOB WAS TAKEN.  THERE ARE OTHER TRAINERS IN THE PADDOCK THAT CAN GET A REAL GOOD CLOSE UP LOOK AT HORSES IN  A CLAIMING RACE . I'M  HAPPY FOR THE OWNERS  BECAUSE THEY PUT ON THE SHOW.
Jim C

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2006, 12:51:39 AM »

Mel
I have always been told that no trainer or owner can be in the paddock area during any claiming race unless they have a horse in the race. yes anyone can go OUTSIDE of the track and look at a horse walk up and into the paddock, and you would be crazy not to IMHO. But I do believe that it is in the IRB rules that no trainer or owner can claim a horse after being in the paddock.

My question was where did she do that race's prerace report from? She could have done it from outside of the paddock or even inside the building. I do not know where she was but this could have been a way to get around that rule. I do know it exsists as whenever there is a claiming race security will stop you from coming into the paddock area from the horsepath if you do not have a horse in the race. The same holds true at Hawthorne as you cannot be in the paddock area outside of the railed in area at the front of the paddock. You cannot be on the side or on the little area under where the TV is and still claim a horse. In any of those cases, if you do claim a horse the issue can be taken to the Stewards. What if anything they might do is another story!
mel4600

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2006, 01:48:26 AM »

Jim,

There is no way anyone is taking a head count in the paddock to enforce this rule if it exists. No trainer will let anyone close to his horse that does not belong there. You can see just as much from the fence as you can standing in the center of the paddock.
Jim C

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2006, 12:31:17 PM »

Mel, I agree with you that you can see just as much from the rail as you can from inside of the rail, I am just repeating what I have been told the rules are. A head count isnt needed either, any trainer in a race knows who is looking at a horse and if he claims his horse and he knows he saw them in the paddock then he can make a complaint. I have always asked what happens when you have a horse in the race and still claim one from that same race? Safety claims are not allowed either but they happen all the time. We both know just because there is a rule doesnt mean its followed....
First Samurai

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2006, 03:29:29 PM »

One of the best claimers in the game JR Smith Sr would sit on the rail of the paddock and make notes for every claimer that walked by. Once I asked him what he was looking at and he said the ankles. I suppose the rail gave him a writing platform but he wasn't "in" the paddock unless sadling a horse. The rail puts you within 3 feet of the horse so I believe the rule is not based on viewing the horse but rather conversing about the horse.

Turn the page.......
BeauNarro

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2006, 03:40:22 PM »

Y'all are really beating this to DEATH. Anyone owner/breeder/trainer that can't see absolutely EVERYTHING that they need to see standing at the rail - shouldn't be in the business..PERIOD!!
ChitownSteve75

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2006, 04:14:08 PM »

"saftey claims"?

Is that when someone drops under another name?

ZENYATTA THE GREAT! NOT RA!
Exbourne
Drunk fat and good

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2006, 09:05:21 PM »

Wow Samurai,

JR Actually talked to you? One of the few you would be.

There is always a soap opera going on at anygiven track...The line to the stewards was 10 deep the day after the claim. "Slight exaggeration on the 10 deep part".
But what about the rules that A wife Trainer whos husband is a jock can only ride for her in a race she has a horse in on?

I love the new show with Liane..I also love Zoe going in the paddock stalls of  every horse to see what she can pick up before they saddle up..But the claim is a conflict of interest in my opinion.

Once again Liane looks classy and adds a great new twist to the paddock show..But at what point did she say drop the claim?? On Arlingtons time when they are paying her?

I drink,I smoke,I gamble.
What a Life!!!
7/29/05.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2006, 12:03:42 AM »

If Liane was a trainer who claimed a lot of horses and was a major player in that game I could see some concern. She's not. Claims about six or seven a year, maybe.

Rules are rules I agree, but anyone complaining about this one is anal.
BeauNarro

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2006, 12:07:44 AM »

I'll tell you a bad claim.. last week Angelic Morgan L. Last race Reavis/Troustrad claimed him back for 25k. They waited till he got out of jail - put him back in for the 25k tag - he breaks down - and some other poor schmuck claimed him in the race. So Earl T. got his money back, but new owner lost a bundle.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2006, 12:10:38 AM »

I'll tell you a bad claim.. last week Angelic Morgan L. Last race Reavis/Troustrad claimed him back for 25k. They waited till he got out of jail - put him back in for the 25k tag - he breaks down - and some other poor schmuck claimed him in the race. So Earl T. got his money back, but new owner lost a bundle.

Wasn't Earl in the news complaining about that one and saying he was thinking about not running any more of his horses at Arlington? Strange.
BeauNarro

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2006, 12:15:58 AM »

yeah he said something along that line - although he looked quite spiffy in his American Flag shirt.
We are in partnership with Earl and two others. Me and my wife own 50%, but it's a turf horse. I told Mike that he is only to run on the turf for the time being. Problem is that we have to wait 1 month for them to write a long turf NW1A open race. Hey wasn't there a post about someone complaining about the condition book?..LOL
poor

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2006, 09:14:04 AM »

I would check out Ellis Park.
yeah he said something along that line - although he looked quite spiffy in his American Flag shirt.
We are in partnership with Earl and two others. Me and my wife own 50%, but it's a turf horse. I told Mike that he is only to run on the turf for the time being. Problem is that we have to wait 1 month for them to write a long turf NW1A open race. Hey wasn't there a post about someone complaining about the condition book?..LOL
ChitownSteve75

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2006, 09:16:35 AM »

The book sucks at Arlington and who do we point the finger to? They need to check out the CD book or even Mountaineer. They write great condition books. I haven't see a short starter Allowance in a year! Also, how about some grass races for 10K claimers! Why not?

Chitownsteve

ZENYATTA THE GREAT! NOT RA!
NYRA 792

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2006, 04:16:34 PM »

The book sucks at Arlington and who do we point the finger to? They need to check out the CD book or even Mountaineer. They write great condition books. I haven't see a short starter Allowance in a year! Also, how about some grass races for 10K claimers! Why not?

Chitownsteve

Your "jewel of the midwest "  having 10K claimers run on the turf?
Tsk Tsk........ Grin
Chartwell

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2006, 08:49:49 PM »

For the record management was consulted prior to the claim being dropped. The stewards were notified and even though some trainers complained it is Arlington's position that Liane was a horse trainer before she took the paddock job. As an owner Liane would put me at a huge disadvantage if she had to leave the paddock everytime I wanted to claim a horse for her to train. Why not just put a big notice in the paddock "Liane's not here so someones getting claimed" The fact is that there is no advantage at Arlington and in fact Liane is busy doing her show during the time period the horses are being lead over and saddled. As the owner who claimed the horse let me say I took the risk of claiming on a track where many horses are not coming back sound and it is my money on the line not Liane's. Believe me every trainer watchs the horses being lead over and does whatever research as early as possible not at the 11th hour.  When Liane runs a horse she doesn't do commentary and doesn't hide anything from the public.  Finally I had to win a three way shake on the horse. If the horse broke down I don't think I would be hearing about this.
mel4600

« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2006, 05:10:00 AM »

Chartwell,

Most people agree with your position. Those trainers who were complaining have nothing better to do.
SHOGUN

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2006, 11:36:56 AM »

Chartwell,

Most people agree with your position. Those trainers who were complaining have nothing better to do.
THE TRAINERS THAT WERE COMPLAINING WERE THE ONES WHO GOT OUT SHOOK OR PIISSED OFF BECAUSE THEY DECIDED NOT TO DROP ON THE HORSE AND IT RAN 109.3
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: